Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 Phoenix Park Concerts 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 jpkelly294

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Very similar to the stage they used in Croke Park for Westlife and RHCP. Would not be suprised if its the same stage

id say thats the stage but mcd are sayin to wear wellies so i dont think that tempory flooring is goin to be there like in croke park they had a tempory flooring

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

jpkelly294 wrote: »
    id say thats the stage but mcd are sayin to wear wellies so i dont think that tempory flooring is goin to be there like in croke park they had a tempory flooring

there was an event organiser on Radio 1 this morning and he did mention they were putting down protective covering on the ground. He didn't say however how far it goes back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Paully D wrote: »
    ... makes you feel less pissed off about paying €5 + for a pint of slop at the gig :pac:

I've never felt the beer at gigs (from temporary set up bars) was slop. If anything the beer is often fresher tasting due to clean lines and good cooling in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭bren2001

It would of been in the contract with Croke Park that temporary flooring had to be put down to protect the pitch, the Leinster Semi Final was only 5 days later.

It wont be that temporary flooring in the Phoenix Park but a large, heavy duty, canvas(ish) sheet. It'll go a fair bit back.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭pearliefan

Going to Swedish House Mafia on Saturday! I'm assuming it's a rain jacket/shorts/wellies job yeah?? Weather forecast doesn't look too great unfortunately!

• Advertisement

pearliefan wrote: »
    Going to Swedish House Mafia on Saturday! I'm assuming it's a rain jacket/shorts/wellies job yeah?? Weather forecast doesn't look too great unfortunately!
    Oh to rights plenty of rain gear an a big bag of cans for the long 20min walk lol that my plan anyway

im comin down from waterford on the 11am train gonna be mental was on the same train for the rhcp haha mad craic got a bed this time round cheap enough but its in blessington street d7 dunno where that is lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

I've a question for ye lads :) Heading up with my brother but he won't be there 'til about 17:30/18:00. I'll be gone in to see Calvin by then. I wonder whether or not they'll let me back out to meet him from Hueston station or is the policy that once I'm in, I'm in?! Wouldn't mind slying a few cans either as I've no interest in seeing ORB. Thanks!

audman wrote: »
    I've a question for ye lads :) Heading up with my brother but he won't be there 'til about 17:30/18:00. I'll be gone in to see Calvin by then. I wonder whether or not they'll let me back out to meet him from Hueston station or is the policy that once I'm in, I'm in?! Wouldn't mind slying a few cans either as I've no interest in seeing ORB. Thanks!

na man they wont alow u back in as ya said once u in your in if u leave it will cost ya to re enter eg new ticket he cant get lost all he has to do is go over the liffy at the train station turn left walk about a 100 yards an on his right theres the park he cant get lost an tell him to meet u at the front gate past the ticket checkin an away u go man but defo bring a couple of beers with u cas its a long owl walk

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

audman wrote: »

na man they wont alow u back in as ya said once u in your in if u leave it will cost ya to re enter eg new ticket he cant get lost all he has to do is go over the liffy at the train station turn left walk about a 100 yards an on his right theres the park he cant get lost an tell him to meet u at the front gate past the ticket checkin an away u go man but defo bring a couple of beers with u cas its a long owl walk
    Cheers bud :) Naggen, duct tape, inside thigh ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Was there a pit at the gig tonight? Need to know for Saturday, would like some pit passes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

seanbmc wrote: »
    Was there a pit at the gig tonight? Need to know for Saturday, would like some pit passes.

There was a pit for SR, not sure if it will be the same for SHM and SP though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

What sort of condition was the ground in tonight? A complete swamp where wellies are necessary or was it not too bad? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Paully D wrote: »
    What sort of condition was the ground in tonight? A complete swamp where wellies are necessary or was it not too bad? Cheers.

Swamp is a good choice of words! I can't imagine what it will be like come sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

lc180 wrote: »
    Swamp is a good choice of words! I can't imagine what it will be like come sunday

Great :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Can any one suggest the best entrance to go in via?

I was also told to wear wellies and I can't imagine what it will be like on Sunday :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭panama

If it rains again for any sort of extended period the place will be a mudbath.
    The ground looked like it had been turned over last night after TSR.

I'd advise people to wear wellies if possible or anything that will keep the mud and water out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Ok I was at stone roses last night and Im going swedes tomorrow, heres a few tips from what went on yesterday.

1. If you can, go in via ashtown or castleknock gates, the walk from parkate st (heuston for those who dont know the area) is horrible. 30 mins or more. you can get a train to ashtown station few mins from the park at connolly/pearse etc. (maynooth line trains) if people are getting darts or whatever itd be worth switching on, trust me.

2. WELLIES. an absolute must. end of. you've been warned.

3. in terms of drinking before hand etc - we drank on parkgate st, few cans in the londis and drank on the street. Guards were very relaxed, you could bring them with you into the park (not the concert) - just no glass in the park. BUT....we all know deep down tomorrow is going to a be a scumfest with the average age a lot younger...wouldnt be suprised if the guards arent as easy going, otherwise itll be 16 yr olds face down in mud.

4. added to the above, searches was very lax, drink would have been easy to bring in (again might not be so lax tomorrow)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Pastel_Princess

df1985 wrote: »
    1. If you can, go in via ashtown or castleknock gates, the walk from parkate st (heuston for those who dont know the area) is horrible. 30 mins or more. you can get a train to ashtown station few mins from the park at connolly/pearse etc. (maynooth line trains) if people are getting darts or whatever itd be worth switching on, trust me.

If you enter via Ashtown, that brings you to Gate B right? Is that the best one to enter by if you want to get into the pit fast?

Also, is it much of a distance once you get past security into the actual concert area?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Bringbackrafa

might sound stupid and off topic but where do you buy wellies for men. Everywhere I have gone have a great selection for women but none for men

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭bren2001

might sound stupid and off topic but where do you buy wellies for men. Everywhere I have gone have a great selection for women but none for men

Pennys or Dunnes

If you enter via Ashtown, that brings you to Gate B right? Is that the best one to enter by if you want to get into the pit fast?

Also, is it much of a distance once you get past security into the actual concert area?

Gate B yes, as for the pit I dont know, wouldnt worry though, seemed a big pit.

No once your past security you come right in to the bars/food area.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Metallica In June, kick off the gigs by tearing the place down

Alas, it wasn't to be........:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

millets at the bottom of mary street

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ghaspd

Ok I was at stone roses last night and Im going swedes tomorrow, heres a few tips from what went on yesterday.

2. WELLIES. an absolute must. end of. you've been warned.

3. in terms of drinking before hand etc - we drank on parkgate st, few cans in the londis and drank on the street. Guards were very relaxed, you could bring them with you into the park (not the concert) - just no glass in the park. BUT....we all know deep down tomorrow is going to a be a scumfest with the average age a lot younger...wouldnt be suprised if the guards arent as easy going, otherwise itll be 16 yr olds face down in mud.

4. added to the above, searches was very lax, drink would have been easy to bring in (again might not be so lax tomorrow)

Would a good pair of hiking boots be alright?

prob get away with it, some parts are a lot worse than others where you wouldnt be able to stand. ive got good hiking boots but still definately wearing wellies if thats any indication for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 aidan1004

anybody in the pit last night have any idea how to get into it ?? and how strict are the security about food and if they are how expensive is food in the venue ?? :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

prob get away with it, some parts are a lot worse than others where you wouldnt be able to stand. ive got good hiking boots but still definately wearing wellies if thats any indication for you.

I don't think you would get away with it! Some parts were like quicksand last night. After this rain I think wellies will be the only job.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,783 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

aidan1004 wrote: »
    anybody in the pit last night have any idea how to get into it ?? and how strict are the security about food and if they are how expensive is food in the venue ?? :)

To get in the pit arrive near the gates opening time. You aren't checked afaik so shouldn't be an issue. Food is expensive enough, 5er for a burger kinda thing.

• Advertisement

Watched the weather there, rain fizzles out and improves gradually as the day goes on tomorrow. still a total mudfest but i dont mind that once its not pissing down.

Advertisement