Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Photo Book-photos discussion&questions

• 21-12-2011 7:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭

Hi
    @jospenguin (boxing photo): what lens, settings did you use? Great shot. I presume the lighting in the venue helped.

@foot Joe Galway Blackrock diving board storm. Could you post the original and tell what pp you applied. Absolutely stunning shot.

@darrenG don't let go/chimps hugging shot. Taken where and again what pp? I like the colours. Again lovely shot.

@dutchguy Bull bridge: wide angle lens I presume?

@trishw78 alien/flower macro what lens/macro item did you use? Lovely and very macro.

Cheers
    Pa

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭EyeBlinks

I'm always intrigued as to why people want to know settings.

Unless you are in the same place at the same time in the same light what use are they to anyone :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

EyeBlinks wrote: »
    I'm always intrigued as to why people want to know settings.

Unless you are in the same place at the same time in the same light what use are they to anyone :confused:

To learn.

What exactly are you going to learn? The moment is gone, the next is different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Give the guy a break... it's no harm to ask and if the relevant people choose to answer then good for them and the OP. No skin off anyone else's nose.

No skin of my nose, I just asked a question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭DutchGuy

@dutchguy Bull bridge: wide angle lens I presume?

Wide-ish angle. It was taken using a 17-50mm, probably at 17mm, and cropped at both top and bottom of the frame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

got mine last night of eye blinks (thanks dude!). amazed by the quality of some of the images really really some savage stuff there guys thanks.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

EyeBlinks wrote: »
    What exactly are you going to learn? The moment is gone, the next is different.

a better answer than I could give, taken from digital photography school.com

In my photography workshops, I often show my portfolio to introduce myself before the class begins. After showing a few pictures, someone will inevitably raise their hand and ask, “How did you shoot that one?” I tell them the answer, but then I show them how to practice guessing camera settings so they will know what to use in any situation.

The very best way to shoot like a pro is to analyse the work of the pros, and Flickr is just the place to look... reviewing the EXIF data from the pictures. Ask intrinsically why the photographer chose those settings and what camera settings could change in order to improve the photograph.

When this photography exercise is implemented, the question, “How did he take that picture?” is asked much less often. With practice, knowing the correct camera settings is easy

I still think it's useless information ... but we'll agree to differ.

Advertisement