Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHO DID IT????

Options
  • 21-12-2011 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭

Who killed the poor little dog about 20mins ago on carnmore-monivea road, not far from carnmore stores. earlyer today he was crossing the road to go into a field with its owner, a lovely sandy coloured little fella. just saw him lying on his side ,eyes open and his mouth open, im an animal lover so i stoped to move him in out of the way so he wouldnt be mash with all the cars passing this time of evening. so who killed any animal and felt sorry for doing it and stoped to help it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

this is like cluedo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Nobody will admit to this. That's coming from somebody who's dog was killed by a car.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

What about the billions of flies and midges that were accidentally murdered in a death by windscreen scenario so far this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Poor doggie, should not be out on the road in the dark. I seen the go safe van when I passed there a while ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,900 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

cats.life wrote: »
    Who killed the poor little dog about 20mins ago on carnmore-monivea road, not far from carnmore stores. earlyer today he was crossing the road to go into a field with its owner, a lovely sandy coloured little fella. just saw him lying on his side ,eyes open and his mouth open, im an animal lover so i stoped to move him in out of the way so he wouldnt be mash with all the cars passing this time of evening. so who killed any animal and felt sorry for doing it and stoped to help it.

It happens unfortunately.

I wouldn't say that the people who killed it are bad people for driving away. I think I would be so distraught, I wouldn't be able to stop and pull it in out of the way. That would be an image that would haunt me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Nobody will admit to this. That's coming from somebody who's dog was killed by a car.
    Why wouldn't they come forward when they could get a claim off the dog owner. As as far as the laws concerned it's the dog owners fault for letting their dog lose on a public road.
    snubbleste wrote: »
    What about the billions of flies and midges that were accidentally murdered in a death by windscreen scenario so far this year?
    They have found a new home in a recently deceased dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Mars Bar wrote: »
    It happens unfortunately.

I wouldn't say that the people who killed it are bad people for driving away. I think I would be so distraught, I wouldn't be able to stop and pull it in out of the way. That would be an image that would haunt me.

I would have to stop, the image of leaving a dog on the side of the road would haunt me more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

ScumLord wrote: »
    Ooh. Not nice. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

It was me! I did it. Happy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

All I will say is that if an animal is in the middle of the road you should not brake suddenly or swerve. It sounds unkind, but it is better the animal sacrafice rather than risking the lives of pedestrians, cars behind you, or oncoming traffic. I barely had my first car 2 weeks when it was totalled because two drunk teenage girls freaked out and swerved in to my parked car when a cat crossed their path.

Not stopping after killing a family pet is, of course, lame. Did he have a tag?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

empacher wrote: »
    It was me! I did it. Happy?

down with that sorta thing

carefull now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    Ooh. Not nice. :(

Ya I really didn't need to get the mental image.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

cats.life wrote: »

there is a lot to be said for having a dog on a leash.

Why wouldn't they come forward when they could get a claim off the dog owner. As as far as the laws concerned it's the dog owners fault for letting their dog lose on a public road.

hear, hear. if that were me I would go find the owner, inform him of what happened and sent him the bill for damages to the car.

remember the dogs who used to run after cars. you don't see many of them around anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

I don't think I would stop, I'd find it hard enough to deal with the guilt of having just accidentally killed a dog ( I hate even killing flies, always try and save those little bastids! ) ..wouldnt be able to stop and get out of the car and see the remains of the dog, it would haunt me. Especially if there was a person on the side of the road trying to pack me off on a guilt trip ahem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

Fuinseog wrote: »
    hear, hear. if that were me I would go find the owner, inform him of what happened and sent him the bill for damages to the car.

remember the dogs who used to run after cars. you don't see many of them around anymore.

our dog used to chase anyone on a bike....so we had to take the bike off him:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭RINO87

Fuinseog wrote: »

feck the car!!!!! how could ye value a feckin car over someones pet.

seriously, some people........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Very easily.
    What if you hit a sheep out on the N59, or a cow escaped from its field?
    I bet you'd claim from the owner then. "Ooh, it's a cutesy wootsy animal, I can't add to the suffering of its owner by making them pay for my busted headlight."

Nonsense.

RINO87 wrote: »
    feck the car!!!!! how could ye value a feckin car over someones pet.

seriously, some people........

country folk are not as attached to their animals as city folk. they tend not to have them groomed or send them a postcard when they go on holiday.
    but just like city folk country folk need to be responsible for their animals. in this case he presented a danger to the public.
    what would you say to cute little dog who bit a child?
    i have enough to contend with on the road that worry about some animal wrecking my car. I defintely would not swerve on a busy road and risk my life for our canine friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I've heard of a dog running onto the road and being hit by a car and the owner of the car then ringing on the owners doorbell and saying they have to compensate him for damage to the car.

Anyway as it's Christmas here's some nice animal photos to cheer everyone up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭swine

snubbleste wrote: »

At this time of year, try to spare a thought for the victims of the mindless slaughter of snails and worms by pedestrians and cyclists.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

dinneenp wrote: »
    I've heard of a dog running onto the road and being hit by a car and the owner of the car then ringing on the owners doorbell and saying they have to compensate him for damage to the car.

This is right and should happen - it is the owner's responsibility to control their animal(s).

It happened to my family. Our dog got spooked and ran out onto the road. Some minor damage was caused to the car which we had to pay for, and the dog ended up being put down as there was too much damage done.

That being said, I was told when I was learning to drive that if you hit a dog you must wait for the gardaí to come (dunno if it's true and can't remember who told me) .

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Al0502

Whats the last thing to go through a cat's mind as it hits a car at 100mph?
    Its arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Al0502 wrote: »
    Whats the last thing to go through a cat's mind as it hits a car at 100mph?
    Its arse!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWPX4pwo3xFw2kyCZTAmCQ8x6g64Zrvsfy8FkGhhubk0PwrxXMB6vQr4gm

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

RIP little puppy, and other animals and flies killed on our roads daily.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement