Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating oil theft

Options
  • 21-12-2011 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭

Just a warning, someone stole about 700 litres of heating oil from my place in Ballygorey, Mooncoin last week - while I was in hospital for a couple of days, actually.

They broke the cap off the tank.

I hear that I'm not the only one, in some cases they actually drill a hole in the tank.

So be vigilant. I've now put in CCTV, so I'll catch them the next time, which there hopefully won't be.

Andy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

By the way, the guards were useless of course, said they could do nothing but would pop round the next eve to take a statement, then didn't bother showing up.

A.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Fran79

Hi
    I'm sorry to hear that this happened to you - thanks for the heads up.

Hope the hospital stay was not for anything too serious, hope your feeling ok.

Thanks - well alarmingly I thought I was having a heart attack! But I was wrong. It was another non-life threatening heart complaint. Something called SVT, but of course if you've never had a heart attack before you don't know what one really feels like!

I'm told that with a pump and a 2 inch hose it would only take about 15 mins to empty a tank. Could easly be done during the day when out at work, any observers would probably think that they we entitled to be on the premises.

:(

A.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Those b*stards!

Thanks for the heads up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Shower of C***s.Your tank is very near the road though, Andy (not an excuse ).could you move it in at the rear of your house?.IMO locks and such are a total waste of time, because as you have discovered, they can drill the tank or cut the feed pipe.Your SCs that you have there could have also been in danger too.Hope you are recovering from both incidents.

• Advertisement

All true Jimmy. Thanks, I'm OK now, but my pocket has hurt somewhat!

rgds

Andy

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Did ye see the news a while ago, earlier this month where a guy stole a small truck and then pulled into a filling station at night (Baltinglass I think) and parked over the access to the underground tanks. Then was able to access them through a hole he had made in the floor in the truck and was trying to pump the fuel into tanks in the back of the truck. The thing went up in a ball of flames but he was seen on CCTV running away...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Did ye see the news a while ago, earlier this month where a guy stole a small truck and then pulled into a filling station at night (Baltinglass I think) and parked over the access to the underground tanks. Then was able to access them through a hole he had made in the floor in the truck and was trying to pump the fuel into tanks in the back of the truck. The thing went up in a ball of flames but he was seen on CCTV running away...

yeah I saw that, idiot.Talk about brain dead people:rolleyes:.These numpties dont care what or who they blow up:mad:.

Advertisement