Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shortening Leather Belt

Options
  • 21-12-2011 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere to get a leather belts shortened would a any cobbler/shoe repairer do this.

buckle looks like this, just two rivets.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQExqEFpHBUT566wPaBIwhdCjbRU_1fUn6nceb-2kVwIPHGuobGRw

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Fishy1

I would say that the guys in the shoe repair place in George's Court would be your best bet. They are very obliging, and seem to be able to do just about anything you want!

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

i have a puncher for belts..not that it's any good to you at all knowing that..i'm just boasting:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

I've seen it done. It's simple, you could probably do it yourself, it takes two minutes, any cobbler can handle it.

My belt has a screw at the back of the 'rivet'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

Get a hammer and a nail at it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Ah yeah Richie down in georges court should be able to do that.
    As others have said, I just cut a hole in the belt. Saying that, I am very svelt.. is svelt a word that means lovely?

• Advertisement
Advertisement