Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diesel in the Crescent SC

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Brian Lighthouse

It is difficult to find clothing without logos, or a design that you are too old for.
    When shopping for clothes I invariably lose patience after a sweep around the gents section of three separate stores.
    I then spend the money on a few pints.
    Recently I discovered a friend of mine has a natural ability for shopping and loves the "root". I bought him a few pints for Christmas.
    We`ll all look better and suffer less stress with a GBF.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

well op here, got the jacket half price - thank god I made him wait:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

langdang wrote: »
    There's a shop called Paraffin in Tralee if Diesel is too pricey...

POOR <ME..... I actually thought it was real diessel, ie the stuff for the jeep for a minute!!!!

Guess its back to my WVO experimentation to save the shillings!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭tommyh1977

I know this chain of shops have been discussed elsewhere on boards, but i need to vent my fury. My wife bought two t-shirts in there last week, asked the guy on duty if there was a size issue could they be returned for a refund (as these were the biggest size they did). He said yes no problem once returned within 14 days. Went in today to return the items as size was wrong, was told sorry exchange only as items were on sale. Explained we were told by (name) we could get a refund no problem, and he never mentioned because they were on sale they were exchange only. Then asked to speak to the manager to be told it was actually the manager who had done the original sale and had told my wife about the refund being ok, then to be told he was running late for work and would be in for 2 o'clock. We called back at 2 o'clock to be told he was not going to be in until 3 o'clock as he was making his way from Dublin. Now how can you misjudge your travel time from Dublin by one hour. The girl said she had since contacted him on the phone and he said he never told my wife anything of the sort and there was no refund possible. We then said we would settle for a credit note only to again be told exchange only. I then pointed out to the girl that their refund policy was not publicly displayed at the point of sale, or anywhere in the shop for that matter, that the manager had said a return for refund was ok and the only place it stated "exchange on sale goods only" was on the receipt, therefore the goods were mis-sold to us as we had no means of knowing the refund policy until we had actually purchased the items. Long story short my wife ended up getting a top she didn't even like or want just to get something for our money. I am taking this matter up with the national consumer agency first and then with the Diesel Ireland head office. I'll post how I get on as its the principal of this manager denying everything that's annoying me, not the value of the goods.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

For the love of all that is good, man, please use paragraphs! :eek:

• Advertisement

Sorry had to vent.........rant over;)

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Casperbhoy

I went after christmas too to return a shirt that did not fit. They tried every trick in the book not to give me the refund but I stood firm

They eventually gave in, they could see I would not take no for an answer:cool:

Actually I forgot to mention there was another couple beside us trying to return something and again they were getting the run around. I suppose pay a monkey in peanuts and he'll jump through hoops for you!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

tommyh1977 wrote: »
    Actually I forgot to mention there was another couple beside us trying to return something and again they were getting the run around. I suppose pay a monkey in peanuts and he'll jump through hoops for you!!

To be fair, there are very few shops who'll give a refund for something bought "on sale". There's absolutely no statutory requirement for them to do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

To be fair, there are very few shops who'll give a refund for something bought "on sale". There's absolutely no statutory requirement for them to do so.

Unless it's faulty or not fit for purpose of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

Most shops will give you a refund on sale items, they'll probably just ask for the item to be returned within 14 days instead of the usual 28 days.

True there is no legal obligation on the store to give you your money back if you just change your mind, it's at their goodwill and discretion. However the manager of this store told my wife no problem when she was buying the goods, but no way when she wanted to return them. She was even willing to take a credit note but again no way. That to me is misrepresentation and dishonest. Poster above had issues, as did couple next to us!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭diol07

Shops are not obliged to give any refunds to anybody, whether it's sale time or not is irrelevant. Exchanges are usually only offered on heavily discounted items. This is the norm. If the manager promised a refund and then denied it, he must be very incompetent in his job. A manager shouldn't do that as it causes confusion, puts other staff members in awkward situations not of their own doing, and of course it pees customers off. If a member of staff ever promises anything like that you should get them to sign the back of the receipt, stating a refund if returned. This is the only way you will have any recourse should they promise something that goes against the stores usual return policy.

Some large department stores and chains do give refunds, but these are usually the ones who have huge economy of scale, large stock levels, own brand and can thus afford to write off returns as a small percentage of their business model. Smaller chains or independents can't and usually won't offer the same return policy. You're only entitled to a refund if the product is faulty, and even then that can be challenged as to whether it's a manufacturing fault or whether the customer did the damage themselves. If Diesel's head office are any good they'll offer you a refund or something similar as a gesture of goodwill.

Advertisement