Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox live gold suspended

Options
  • 21-12-2011 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭

i signed for gold live with a 3v voucher

the account was eventually switched off and suspended

do i have to backdate it with another voucher or what's the story

i tried a 3mth gold voucher but it wont accept it

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

M cebee wrote: »
    i signed for gold live with a 3v voucher

the account was eventually switched off and suspended

do i have to backdate it with another voucher or what's the story

i tried a 3mth gold voucher but it wont accept it

thanks

You signed up to a subscription. You have to pay for the 3 months that you didnt pay for

• Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

The account was probably suspended because it couldn't auto-renew because you used 3v. I think something similar happened to Retr0gamer.

You'll need to contact them (by phone might be best) to sort it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

The account was probably suspended because it couldn't auto-renew because you used 3v. I think something similar happened to Retr0gamer.

You'll need to contact them (by phone might be best) to sort it out.

Yes thats what happened
    im going to ring them am

Anyone have a number?

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭paddyk

M cebee wrote: »
    Yes thats what happened
    im going to ring them am

Anyone have a number?

Phone assistance is available.

Monday-Friday: 08:00-21:00
    Saturday: 08:00-19:00
    Sunday: 09:00-17:00

Phone numbers

+353 12420758 or 1 800 509 186
    Hearing Impaired (TTY device): 1 800 509 197

Please note that if you call us using a mobile phone, there may be additional charges from your service provider. Please contact your service provider for more information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

paddyk wrote: »
    Phone assistance is available.

Monday-Friday: 08:00-21:00
    Saturday: 08:00-19:00
    Sunday: 09:00-17:00

Phone numbers

+353 12420758 or 1 800 509 186
    Hearing Impaired (TTY device): 1 800 509 197

Please note that if you call us using a mobile phone, there may be additional charges from your service provider. Please contact your service provider for more information.

FYI the 1800 numbers don't work if you call form vodafone prepay, call from a land line if possible, not sure about other mobile operators.

• Advertisement

Thanks again

Got straight through on the landline
    They wrote off the outstanding balance
    and i used the redeem code-gets me up to 9th april it says
    the young lad will be happy for another while
    thanks again for the info

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yep happened to me as well. Was a bit annoyed. Left it for a while and everything was back to normal. They only gave me a month before suspending me. I wouldn't have minded too much since I wasn't using my 360 for the time I was suspended but if I was and it was my only console I would have been since I lost access to all my XBLA games. Still thought it was a total dick move. At least they finally made cancelling a subscription easier or so I heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,013 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Yep happened to me as well. Was a bit annoyed. Left it for a while and everything was back to normal. They only gave me a month before suspending me. I wouldn't have minded too much since I wasn't using my 360 for the time I was suspended but if I was and it was my only console I would have been since I lost access to all my XBLA games. Still thought it was a total dick move. At least they finally made cancelling a subscription easier or so I heard.

Why?

You signed up to a recurring subscription and then didn't pay when it renewed. They gave you 28 days leeway to pay it and then suspended your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Horsebox9000

Would you ask sky for a free month tv if you don't use the tv for a month?
    You subscribed to a service, not using the service does not exempt you from the service.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Why?

You signed up to a recurring subscription and then didn't pay when it renewed. They gave you 28 days leeway to pay it and then suspended your account.

Why did they give me 28 days free when I didn't ask for it and they couldn't get the money off me. then they punished me for it. The waythey used to handle it was really underhanded, it wasn't obvious you were signing up to a subsription service and it wasn't easy to get out of it either. I presumed I'd be cut after they couldn't card my card and didn't realise I was still on live because I never used it anyway. I know it was a stupid thing to do but it's not exactly great customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Why did they give me 28 days free when I didn't ask for it and they couldn't get the money off me. then they punished me for it. The waythey used to handle it was really underhanded, it wasn't obvious you were signing up to a subsription service and it wasn't easy to get out of it either. I presumed I'd be cut after they couldn't card my card and didn't realise I was still on live because I never used it anyway. I know it was a stupid thing to do but it's not exactly great customer service.

Erm they did cut you off. But the ESB doesnt cut you off the day your bill is due and doesnt come out, You call to cancel. Its the same with every subscription service. Its a grace period. You didnt call so they're not psychic....

Vicxas wrote: »
    Erm they did cut you off. But the ESB doesnt cut you off the day your bill is due and doesnt come out, You call to cancel. Its the same with every subscription service. Its a grace period. You didnt call so they're not psychic....

They didn't cut me off, they banned me. Getting cut off I'd have been fine with. Anyway, it was stupid to presume like I did but I also still think it's a ridiculous way to handle things.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

The ban is surprising. You'd imagine you'd just be dropped down to Silver if funds couldn't be obtained.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

They didn't cut me off, they banned me. Getting cut off I'd have been fine with. Anyway, it was stupid to presume like I did but I also still think it's a ridiculous way to handle things.

Its not a perma ban, if you pay off the balance everything would be restored back to normal. If you've been permabanned its for something completely unrelated to your outstanding balance.

Well they lifted the ban after about a month or teo without ringing them so it wasn't all that bad.

Advertisement