Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sunrise timelapse of Rathfarnham Castle (HD)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

thats cool!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

iamstop wrote: »
    I took about 1750 shots 8 seconds apart and stitched them to make this

Why did you hide behind a tree? Surely you could have moved your camera and got rid of the branches in front of the lens.

I'm afraid it does nothing for me and is totally uninteresting. Fair dues to you for trying it out but a subject with a bit more movement or a vast landscape with billowing clouds might be more photogenic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Agree with P&B. It's a time laps of nothing happening. I kept fast forwarding to the end waiting for something to happen.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Why did you hide behind a tree? Surely you could have moved your camera and got rid of the branches in front of the lens.

I'm afraid it does nothing for me and is totally uninteresting. Fair dues to you for trying it out but a subject with a bit more movement or a vast landscape with billowing clouds might be more photogenic.

I hear you. Unfortunately that is pretty much the only view I have. In summer it's all leaves. It was my first attempt at a time lapse on my D90. I got one of them timer remotes so wanted to try it out. I might head up the hills and see about a sunset time lapse over Dublin sometime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

It lookes like it's only a handful of branches in the way. Just cut them off. I'd recommend changing the glass in your window to UV glass to cut down on reflections. As it gets brighter the scene gets boring. Leave your camera on remote capture and set a fire in the top left of the castle to give the viewer something to hold his/her attention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭the_tractor

It is a bit static, but now you know what you are at, it should be easy.

For exposure, what did you use, Manual, or one of the P/A/S modes?

For Sunrise/set timelapse, this time of year is not great, the sun doesn't get much above the horizon, so it seems to takes ages to climb.

Advertisement