Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky installation

Options
  • 21-12-2011 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Had sky+ installed. instead of 1 a/c, the "company" set up 2 a/cs in our name resulting in 122 euros being taken from our bank a/c.Rang sky many times and finally resolved.No response from installation "company" whatsoever after many phonecalls. i was thinking of the small claims court to see if i could get refund for the many calls to sky i had to make at 30c per minute it aint cheap. Around 68 euros to exact, would small claims court even consider it......Tell you the truth seeing as installer wouldnt even repsond to us i think this might get his attention and publicise his improper and ignoance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

scatter wrote: »
    Had sky+ installed. instead of 1 a/c, the "company" set up 2 a/cs in our name resulting in 122 euros being taken from our bank a/c.Rang sky many times and finally resolved.No response from installation "company" whatsoever after many phonecalls. i was thinking of the small claims court to see if i could get refund for the many calls to sky i had to make at 30c per minute it aint cheap. Around 68 euros to exact, would small claims court even consider it......Tell you the truth seeing as installer wouldnt even repsond to us i think this might get his attention and publicise his improper and ignoance.
    Do you have proof it was the installer who made the mistake instead of Sky themselves?

No matter which party is involved the SCC will only deal with your complaint if you have exhausted all avenues with the business so, before you go down that route send the business a registered letter outlining your complaint and give it reasonable time to respond. If that gets you nowhere then go to the SCC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭scatter

Thanks for replying. 2 viewing cards were sent to us ,i rang them and they said use A and discard B.Done this and yet this happens.This crowd will not answer phones ,office or mobile.:confused::confused:

But do you know for certain it was the installer and not Sky who set up the 2 accounts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭scatter

Maybe , i took it that because of their refusal to answer phones,office and mobiles that this was the "admission to guilt ".My understanding was the company activated it with sky.Silly me .So its sky who activate the cards is it?

I don't know who issues cards, and apparently neither do you. The reason I was quizzing you on this was for your own protection; taking legal action against the wrong party would immediately fail and could find yourself paying a lot more than €68 for their legal fees. Perhaps try chatting with another Sky installer could reveal more info on the process.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,999 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

scatter wrote: »
    Tell you the truth seeing as installer wouldnt even repsond to us i think this might get his attention and publicise his improper and ignoance.

On no account name the installers. Not only will it weaken your case,but Boards could be sued.

You need to write to Sky with your problem and see if they will resolve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

scatter Why do you have several threads open on this topic? It is good etiquette on Boards to only have one thread open on a topic at a time.

dudara

Advertisement