Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Jewellery for taping ears?

Options
  • 21-12-2011 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I'm about to start taping my ears with PTFE tape an I dont know whether to use Double Flared, No flare, single flare or screw on plugs.

Any advice would be great.

Thank you! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

double flares are a nono and so are screw on,reason for this is double flares can be hard to get in,you dont wana damage your ears and also screw ons youll be stretching your ear so you dont want the risk of damaging it with any threads as your ears will be extra sensitive during the stretching process..

use either glass or metal plugs,dont use plastic

no flare or single flare works best.ive been taping for 5 months now and ive used single flare and also no flare,i prefer no flare metal plugs.thhey cost me 8 euro a pair from bodyartforuns.com and take about 8 days for delivery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Lauren7fold

CyberJuice wrote: »
    double flares are a nono and so are screw on,reason for this is double flares can be hard to get in,you dont wana damage your ears and also screw ons youll be stretching your ear so you dont want the risk of damaging it with any threads as your ears will be extra sensitive during the stretching process..

use either glass or metal plugs,dont use plastic

no flare or single flare works best.ive been taping for 5 months now and ive used single flare and also no flare,i prefer no flare metal plugs.thhey cost me 8 euro a pair from bodyartforuns.com and take about 8 days for delivery

Wow thanks, that was really helpful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

I'm about to start taping my ears with PTFE tape an I dont know whether to use Double Flared, No flare, single flare or screw on plugs.

Any advice would be great.

Thank you! :)

ya definately stay away from double flared, im at 8mm now and its only now i can only get double flared in with no hassle (because the outside flare is bigger than the hole in your ear) when my lobes were 4 and 6 there wasnt a chance without hurting my ear so id definately stay away from them and wait for your ears to heal get bigger and also looser. when i was getting stretched i just got the piercer to do it for me and all the time we used steel tunnels that had screw on backs so just slip it in and screw on the back, they were comfortable and simple when stretching also your not supposed to used porous materials when stretching like rock, bone wood etc all those types anything that can absorb really. but for me steel tunnels were good. best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

ya definately stay away from double flared, im at 8mm now and its only now i can only get double flared in with no hassle (because the outside flare is bigger than the hole in your ear) when my lobes were 4 and 6 there wasnt a chance without hurting my ear so id definately stay away from them and wait for your ears to heal get bigger and also looser. when i was getting stretched i just got the piercer to do it for me and all the time we used steel tunnels that had screw on backs so just slip it in and screw on the back, they were comfortable and simple when stretching also your not supposed to used porous materials when stretching like rock, bone wood etc all those types anything that can absorb really. but for me steel tunnels were good. best of luck!

Hey. I'm at 2g or 6mm and was wondering about double flares, but sounds like from your post I should avoid them until and if I go bigger?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

Hey. I'm at 2g or 6mm and was wondering about double flares, but sounds like from your post I should avoid them until and if I go bigger?

Every persons ears are different but when I was at 6mm there wasn't a hope of me getting the double flared in, and even if I did get them there wasn't a hope of getting them out they would have damaged my ears badly. But now at 8mm my ears are more elastic and I can get double flared in no problem!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Every persons ears are different but when I was at 6mm there wasn't a hope of me getting the double flared in, and even if I did get them there wasn't a hope of getting them out they would have damaged my ears badly. But now at 8mm my ears are more elastic and I can get double flared in no problem!

Thanks for the reply. Will avoid double flares so!

Advertisement