Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Price of a slab...

• 21-12-2011 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

When buying cans I'd usually just knock up to the local grocers and purchase 6 cans of Beer for 10 bucks, I'm buying a slab of said beer in supermarket for 24 bucks at the moment. How much will said slab cost in said supermarket after Christmas or do they stop stocking slabs then or what?...

To be honest, I'm better off paying 10 for 6, if there's only 6, I can only drink 6. When there's 24...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Just do whatever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

you can get some beers for 20e a slab in Tesco's ATM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭smallBiscuit

Offers, it's all about the offers, they (Tesco) do offers throughout the year. My general rule is, when they're on offer, I buy lots, which keeps me going until the next batch of offers.
    Just be prepared to go through them all, tesco, dunnes, supervalu, aldi, lidl ..... There's nearly always an offer somewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Wow, ATMs are really sophisticated these days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Slab slab, slab slab slab slab, slab slab slab slab slab slab slab.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

What is this 'slab' nonsense? I drink champagne. And port.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

usually just knock up to the local grocers

What an odd turn of phrase. Did you visit the draper and the haberdasher upon your travels as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Just got two slabs there in work, staff discount 36 euro for 48 cans of Carlsberg..

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭noddyflavin

I was trying not to plug the likes of Spar & Tesco, I frikkin hate Spar...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

There is actually a bargain alerts section on boards op;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Naos wrote: »
    Slab slab, slab slab slab slab, slab slab slab slab slab slab slab.
    Slabs, bucks, like, wtf? I don't even...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Slab of Tuborg was €20 in O'Briens recently. Other slabs (Guinness, Heineken and others) are €24 atm

• Registered Users Posts: 27 benmad

Confab wrote: »
    What is this 'slab' nonsense? I drink champagne. And port.
    I'm a light drinker myself, as soon as it's light I start drinking:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 526 ✭✭✭7Sins

When buying cans I'd usually just knock up to the local grocers and purchase 6 cans of Beer for 10 bucks, I'm buying a slab of said beer in supermarket for 24 bucks at the moment. How much will said slab cost in said supermarket after Christmas or do they stop stocking slabs then or what?...

To be honest, I'm better off paying 10 for 6, if there's only 6, I can only drink 6. When there's 24...

Slabs are usually €44.99, how much do you drink? once a week? :rolleyes:

6 x 52= 312 cans for €1.66 a can = €520 a year

so.... 312/24 = 13 slabs :) buy 13 slabs now for €312 :D

That's €208 you've saved for the year :eek:

I'm Eddie Hobbs :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Slab rhymes with flab. Just sayin'.

/runs like fuck

Johro wrote: »
    Slabs, bucks, like, wtf? I don't even...

A slab of beer you ponce. Bucks, well, I've lived all over the place so it's universally understood. Next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Yes, good enough value got them last year as well *** BUT BUT BUT check each store! Depending on where it's located the 'offer' may not be running.

As example last year my good lady was paying €36 for a slab of beer in Douglas Village so we returned it to go to Aldi but stopped in Mahon Point and got the same beer for the €20 which we bought.

Abi wrote: »
    Slab rhymes with flab. Just sayin'.

/runs like fuck

Just because beer makes you a fatty. I'm as skinny as a 70's junkie rocker. I'm not a 70's junkie rocker. I'm a retired 90's ecstasy raver...

I'm fairly pissed...

• Advertisement

I'm as skinny as a 70's junkie rocker. I'm not a 70's junkie rocker. I'm a retired 90's ecstasy raver...

Pics or gtfo, slabby ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I'm glad I don't put this much thought into getting pissed tbh!

I just have to remember to utter the following sentence correctly and I will arrive in 'Drunkville':

"Another pint of your finest ale please barkeep!"

What an odd turn of phrase. Did you visit the draper and the haberdasher upon your travels as well?

Wtf is a haberdasher?, I'd definitely do business with haberdasher...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

A slab of cans for bucks.

That sounds interesting

44leto wrote: »
    A slab of cans for bucks.

That sounds interesting

Hardy bucksss man :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

God be with the days when they were a 'tray' of cans

zerks wrote: »
    There is actually a bargain alerts section on boards op;)

Sweet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I make my own beer out of potato peelings water and sugar.

Jail sucks.

Abi wrote: »
    Pics or gtfo, slabby ;)

Yeah, right...

• Advertisement

SeanMcl12 wrote: »
    s

I want what he's drinking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Wtf is a haberdasher?, I'd definitely do business with haberdasher...

Isn't a haberdasher a tailor, or at least a man who sells clothes?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

A slab of beer you ponce. Bucks, well, I've lived all over the place so it's universally understood. Next.
    Ponce?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

I always thought 24 cans was a "tray" no? Fúck it im half way into a slab of miller. I've been enjoying the deals on Guinness too. That €16 for 8 cans was taking the piss TBH.

SeanMcl12 wrote: »
    s

Post of the fúckin' day!

worked for me *wipes laughter tear away*

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

"when there's 24..." what ?

If you buy 6 fish fingers, you can eat 6
    If you buy 24 do you eat all 24 ?

If you can't stop drinking after 6 and leave some there for next week then you have a drinking problem

• Advertisement

kfallon wrote: »
    I'm glad I don't put this much thought into getting pissed tbh!

I just have to remember to utter the following sentence correctly and I will arrive in 'Drunkville':

"Another pint of your finest ale please barkeep!"

I'm not rich anymore...

Liam Byrne wrote: »

If you can't stop drinking after 6 and leave some there for next week then you have a drinking problem

Guaranteed. I'm absolutely plastered now. I don't like fish fingers. Captain frikkin Birdseye freaked the crap outta me...

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

You'll just say to yourself 'i'll have one for the road'. Then after a while this becomes twice of what you wanted to drink. Then walla you wake up the next morning in your jocks painted blue in a cell .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

beer out of can :(

20 bottles of franziskaner for €25 in my local lidl right now, a proper beer it is too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Guaranteed. I'm absolutely plastered now. I don't like fish fingers. Captain frikkin Birdseye freaked the crap outta me...

Good luck with that.

www.drinkaware.ie
    www.alcoholicsanonymous.ie

• Advertisement

7Sins wrote: »
    Slabs are usually €44.99, how much do you drink? once a week? :rolleyes:

6 x 52= 312 cans for €1.66 a can = €520 a year

so.... 312/24 = 13 slabs :) buy 13 slabs now for €312 :D

That's €208 you've saved for the year :eek:

I'm Eddie Hobbs :pac:

Cheers Ned...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

If you have a problem limiting your drinking to an amount you're happy with depending on how much is in your shed/kitchen whatever then go on spend more it's worth it.

Loads of cheap drink doesn't suit you, I have the mentality of "using something up" because I have it, if you're like me then just avoid keeping anything in the house that makes you think like that.

I usually buy 12.5 gram pouches of tobacco but when I went on holidays and got a few 40 gram pouches man did I get through them quickly, when there is more there I consume more. Doesn't mean he has a drinking disorder maybe disordered drinking not for me to decide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Am I out of the loop as to whats "in" and whats "not"? :pac:

I've never heard anyone say 'slab' .... always a 'tray'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Johro wrote: »
    Ponce?

Ponce

noun.

1. An individual who attempts to fake having intelligence, class, or culture.
    2. A campily effeminate male.
    3. Johro.

:pac:

LighterGuy wrote: »
    I've never heard anyone say 'slab' .... always a 'tray'

In my cosmopolitan area we hear slab on the Northside and tray on the Southside, slab spoken in any dialect, but tray spoken in an upper English upper middle class accent, rather like Mrs Bucket calling herself Mrs Bouquet in a TV sitcom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

I make my own beer out of potato peelings water and sugar.

Jail sucks.

The bloke in the next cell to me ten years ago had to go to court one day and I heard a popping sound, Well his bottle of hooch blew up, The cell was wrecked, You see you need to let the air out and he wasn't there so boom, The prison officers never reported it as cleaning the cell after a long day at court was enough punishment.

saa wrote: »
    If you have a problem limiting your drinking to an amount you're happy with depending on how much is in your shed/kitchen whatever then go on spend more it's worth it.

Loads of cheap drink doesn't suit you, I have the mentality of "using something up" because I have it, if you're like me then just avoid keeping anything in the house that makes you think like that.

I usually buy 12.5 gram pouches of tobacco but when I went on holidays and got a few 40 gram pouches man did I get through them quickly, when there is more there I consume more. Doesn't mean he has a drinking disorder maybe disordered drinking not for me to decide.

I got lost/drunk in Frankfurt. Drunk, not lost. Cost me €400...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

I got lost/drunk in Frankfurt. Drunk, not lost. Cost me €400...

how did it cost 400

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

O' Briens have had 24 cans of Tuborg for €20 for months at this stage. Great deal for a lager that's superior to most of the other mainstream ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭horsemeat

some of you lads have some serious drinking problems. would you not think about knocking it on the head? this thread is making me sick. alcohol is a poison on this earth.

• Advertisement
Advertisement