Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meteor Bill Pay

Options
  • 21-12-2011 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

I signed up to smart 50 plan recently.
    I found out that the free meteor to meteor calls and texts run out after the year and for the next 6 months of the plan(18month plan) you don't have them. This wasn't in the T&C in store when I signed but it is on the online one. Although it does say on T&C instore that I signed see meteor.ie for tariffs.
    I went and queried this instore (within cooling off period) and every worker in the store said they have never ever seen anybody not get their texts re-instated when they ring up ater a year. He said the computer system only allows them to apply them for 12 months. I then asked in 2 more stores and they said exactly ther same.
    Has anybody ever had a problem after 12 months and not get them back??

I know its my own fault for not researching before hand. But just throwing it here for some feedback.

*I've searched and couldn't find any other threads on this topic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

It's originally for 12 months. They have extended them for some customers recently although not guaranteed for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I wouldn't worry about it. I've not heard of anyone not getting them for the duration of their time on bill pay as long as they are on a tariff that is supposed to have the add on.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭culline

Just need a bit of advice lads - went from pay as you go to bill pay smart lite in december, just checked my bill and for december I owe €78 for sms alone! They have been charging me for meteor to meteor text and calls! Surely they are the ones at fault!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

culline wrote: »
    Just need a bit of advice lads - went from pay as you go to bill pay smart lite in december, just checked my bill and for december I owe €78 for sms alone! They have been charging me for meteor to meteor text and calls! Surely they are the ones at fault!?
    Yes it would appear they should have allowed you a percentage of your calls and texts on a pro rata basis from the time you signed up. tell your bank to do a charge-back and cancel the debit and tell Meteor to get their house in order before you will allow them take money from your bank account again!

Cheers foogy, i think i might just read your post out to them in the morning when i ring them! Sound

• Advertisement

Can't believe how bad there customer care is, ten minutes on hold, your one I was talking to sounded like she just smoked 40 cigarettes and didn't how a clue how to deal with my query!

Advertisement