Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USA Destination Dilemma

Options
  • 22-12-2011 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm going to undertake a 12-month USA working visa starting in July. I have been to New York before (for three months) where I worked in a moving company. I would like to go back as I totally fell in love with the place... but another part of me worries that I won't get another chance to travel... so I think maybe I should experience Calefornia or Hawaii or something.

My first question - where is the best place for a 22-year-old Irish female to live and work for one year in the states?

As I said previpously, I worked in NY before in a moving company. I really liked this job, it was very fun, but I'd really like to continue to gain experience in places that would be relevant to my education. I graduated with a BA in New Media and English last year and since then I've been working in a Students' Union as a Communications Officer. I am in charge of editing the newspaper and other publications, selling all the advertising for the company, and I recently set up a radio station for the university.

My second question - does anybody have any advise for me regarding the furthering of my career? ie - good sites to look at, any particular us city that there's a lot going on media-wise... that kind of thing.

Any help appreciated here, thanks in advance!!

Kellington

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

You know you have to go within 12 months of your graduation date to be eligible? If you finished your degree last year you probably aren't eligible.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭KellingtonDawg

I have up until August 2012 to leave

• Registered Users Posts: 10 SarahT25

Hi kellington,
    Just seen your thread. Heading to NYC on 12 Month working visa, 24 year old female so would be interested to hear how you got on...

What did you do for accomodation?

Any luck with a job so far?

Did you go at it alone? I am going in Feb my boyf is coming over in May so am a little bit anxious on the three months Ill be alone!

Id appreciate any info/advice you can give!

Sarah.

Advertisement