Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer Garden/Smoking Area?

Options
  • 22-12-2011 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

I have a friend who smokes like a chimney and every time he comes to Dublin we have to hit up bars with decent beer gardens. The other day I was shocked to find that the excellent smoking area in the Turks Head is now gone.

Can any of you guys suggest another place with a similar (or better) set up to the one the Turks Head?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

If you want a busy bar (and mega-cheap drinks on weekdays) - try Dicey Reileys (Harcourt Street).

A bit quieter, but still with a bit of a buzz - The Brazen Head (just off Christchurch).

If you want a lot of space (I only discovered this place last night) try The Workman's Club. They do gigs and good music, but there is a separate bar for non gig goers which has a nice, large smoking area (Wellington Quay).

They're my top three smoking area bars.

Although - worth mentioning - Fitzsimons in Temple Bar is great for watching a match - rooftop smoking area with bigscreen tvs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

paperwork wrote: »
    I have a friend who smokes like a chimney and every time he comes to Dublin we have to hit up bars with decent beer gardens. The other day I was shocked to find that the excellent smoking area in the Turks Head is now gone.

Can any of you guys suggest another place with a similar (or better) set up to the one the Turks Head?

that excellent smoking area isn't gone.. according to the bouncers they close them big windows across during the winter cos it's too cold, so you have to go out and smoke at the tables on the street... they said they'd be open again in the summer...

if you care to venture north of the liffey, there's a decent enough raised decking smoking area out the back of murray's bar on o'connell street.. also round the corner on cathal brugha street in the living room.. the two smoking areas actually share a common back yard i believe they're owned by the same person as well.. they both have part covering with heat lamps.. that can keep you quite toasty even on the coldest of nights

Advertisement