Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Relationship break up/near misses/reconciliation stories.

• 22-12-2011 12:30am

Hi guys (would also request if the mods could merge this thread with the Ladies lounge too and get some of their opinions).

i suppose this issue has been close to my heart lately and i have been studying in great detail what makes people originally decide to split up and get back together and the process involved and how they differ or even if they come close to breaking up or getting back together.

Would like to hear your stories. What made you split up/get together/almost reconcile etc.

I believe there is probably a bit more to just simply falling out of love almost like the flick of a switch but i believe its more disillusionment on behalf of one of the parties involved believing that the other party wont change certain aspects of what they are bringing to a relationship or is lacking certain aspects and perhaps a lack of communication on one or both parties behalf. there will always be certain residue of feelings there after a breakup but there is a belief that the other party wont change their ways.

In my own case i was a very poor communicator and had confidence issues and wasnt happy in my employment at the time and that projected through my body language giving off mixed signals.
    i was mad about the girl and part of me still is but maybe felt a blockage in how i projected these feelings. i suppose i never realised how bad i was and our breakup seemed so sudden and volatile that i began to resent her maybe just that little and look at every area apart from myself. its only when i seen her move on i was crushed enough to analyse in great detail what had happened.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

its only when i seen her move on i was crushed enough to analyse in great detail what had happened.

In retrospect there's always a lot more clarity. If someone dumps you, they've been thinking about it for a long time I would seem, and moving on before it even happened - so 99% of the time there's no going back.
    I think though if they are attracted to you and love you to bits, you can get away with your bad behaviour and carry on for a long time, sometimes forever, as they still want you more than ever. But sometimes they just walk away as they know you'll never be what they want. In those cases I think the spark is still there for them and if you do genuinely change and meet them again some day it could go back. But usually if you've been dumped after they've fallen out of love with you and the attraction is gone, I can't see how it could ever be repaired, there's nothing to repair anymore.

Advertisement