Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malware

Options
  • 22-12-2011 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭

On this page I am seeing a malware detection warning. I am using Chrome.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056362531&page=113
    Warning: Something's Not Right Here!
    www.boards.ie contains content from visboo.com, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.
    Google has found malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed. If you've visited this site in the past or you trust this site, it's possible that it has just recently been compromised by a hacker. You should not proceed, and perhaps try again tomorrow or go somewhere else.
    We have already notified visboo.com that we found malware on the site. For more about the problems found on visboo.com, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

As you can see from the message Chrome gives you - the page you're trying to view (on boards.ie) contains content from Visboo.com (not Boards.ie). Since you're viewing YLYL I'll come out and say that it is most likely a picture somebody hotlinked to on that website.

You need to report the post, if you can identify it, or the page to the mods of that forum who will investigate and should remove the hotlinked picture.

We are malware free - you can even view own our Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page to verify :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Yup, I know it's not boards.ie, just letting you know that it's popped up. I think I'll avoid the page, just to be on the safe side.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement