Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online banking mistake.

• 22-12-2011 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

Hi,
    I was doing some online banking this evening and made a cock-up. Years ago i had set up my online account (TSB) so that I could transfer money into a savings account in another bank (NIB). This bank became cashless so before it did I closed the account. However I forget to get rid of it from my present online account. So I'm after transferring a couple of hundred quid to it instead of paying a credit card bill (I know ,I know dumb:o:o.) Does anyone know if i ring in the morning will I be able to cancel the transaction or will it be a big rigmoroll trying to get the cash back into my account

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 marywary

Not with PTSB but would imagine the money will autobounce back into your a/c. It will go to NIB, they won't be able to apply it because your a/c is closed and they will send it back to PTSB who will in turn lodge it to your a/c. May take a few days though, you're probably looking at post Xmas at this stage really.

Advertisement