Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Man Who Slipped on the Ice

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Comedy, it's not an easy thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,293 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Fair play to him for looking on bright side.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭builttospill

I actually posted that in the video thread earlier on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭ThePower11

Hope he adhere's to the warnings in future...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

This style of comedy was awesome when Chris Morris did it for Brasseye.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Yeah just saw it on facebook just now.

Damn you OP for beating me to it and soaking up all the precious thanks......preciousssssssssesesesesesssssssss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I actually want to marry that man :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

It's not actually him though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

I Love the bit him pouring the little packets of salt in front of himself as he walks haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Lol, well made too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I actually want to marry that man :D

He's pretty hot whoever the main dude is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

That was brilliant :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

This sort of parody has been done before, to better effect IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

:confused: Who was it then?.....just some bloke?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Not even remotely funny

MoodeRator wrote: »
    :confused: Who was it then?.....just some bloke?

AKA "actors".

Why the need to point out the obvious and ruin the illusions for some ? Do you go around telling kiddies santa isn't real also ?
    wonton wrote: »
    I Love the bit him pouring the little packets of salt in front of himself as he walks haha

I love the bit where he falls over crossing his feet on the couch - I mean even acting - how do you do that ??!?!:eek:
    chin_grin wrote: »
    This sort of parody has been done before, to better effect IMO.

Really ? Do post the link please I want to be entertained!

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭builttospill

The actor's name is Kevin McGahern. He's a comedian. He played Sim Card in Hardy Bucks. He'll also be in a feature film I'm co-producing that will be out next year called No Party For Billy Burns. Nice plug there, huh!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

panda100 wrote: »
    He's pretty hot whoever the main dude is.

very.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

They're a comedy sketch group from Dublin http://www.facebook.com/gangbusterscomedy

• Advertisement

Really ? Do post the link please I want to be entertained!

Wow, the passive aggression is strong with this one.

What I suggest is go to your local video emporium find and purchase this.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Shiner11

The actor's name is Kevin McGahern. He's a comedian. He played Sim Card in Hardy Bucks. He'll also be in a feature film I'm co-producing that will be out next year called No Party For Billy Burns. Nice plug there, huh!?

I was thinking that it was Simcard alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Possibly one of the best programmes ever made :D.

Why did a British TV show do a sketch about a man falling on Irish news ???

Why did a British TV show do a sketch about a man falling on Irish news ???

You do realise that comedy is split in to genres and doesn't have to be all about the same thing all the time? That would be boring. Imagine that! A comedy show...........with.............one.................joke (flicks passed Comedy Central).

See the humour is self-aware, slapstick and self-deprecating. It's been done a million times before. The formula is there, but I feel that it (ahem) fell flat in this case. (Can't believe I used that term........ah well).

You do realise that comedy is split in to genres and doesn't have to be all about the same thing all the time? That would be boring. Imagine that! A comedy show...........with.............one.................joke (flicks passed Comedy Central).

See the humour is self-aware, slapstick and self-deprecating. It's been done a million times before. The formula is there, but I feel that it (ahem) fell flat in this case. (Can't believe I used that term........ah well).

Oh so THIS topic hasn't been done before then. I mean thats what the thread is about - not humour in general. You are aware that this particular video clip was an internet meme for the last year, huh ??

oooo.....dilemma .....to signpost my sarcasm with a smiley face or not for the sarcastically challenged.....oooo what to do what to do....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

So you like absolutly nothing unless the comedy style has never been done before? Wow.

Oh so THIS topic hasn't been done before then. I mean thats what the thread is about - not humour in general. You are aware that this particular video clip was an internet meme for the last year, huh ??

oooo.....dilemma .....to signpost my sarcasm with a smiley face or not for the sarcastically challenged.....oooo what to do what to do....
    Guill wrote: »
    So you like absolutly nothing unless the comedy style has never been done before? Wow.

Jesus lads. Relax the cacks will ya? Bleedin' hell you'd think there's a war goin' on somewhere or kids dying of malnutrition on our lovely Earth.

Anyways, you go on and take that really annoying sarcastic high road. I'd book to see a doctor as soon as though for your blood pressure. Must be through the roof if a sh!t like me can rile yee.

<whistles a merry tune and leaves>

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Jesus lads. Relax the cacks will ya? Bleedin' hell you'd think there's a war goin' on somewhere or kids dying of malnutrition on our lovely Earth.

Anyways, you go on and take that really annoying sarcastic high road. I'd book to see a doctor as soon as though for your blood pressure. Must be through the roof if a sh!t like me can rile yee.

<whistles a merry tune and leaves>

Just couldn't see what point you were trying to make. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Not even remotely funny

I disagree, I thought it was very remotely funny

Advertisement