Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WANTED:Console Cases

• 22-12-2011 3:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭

looking for a few cases or unrepairables, mostly an xbox but ill consider anything. have a snes case, broken but repairable dreamcast and non working megadrive 1 i could part with. let me know what youve got and i can say if its suitable. most interested in an xbox 1 case.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

weeder wrote: »
    looking for a few cases or unrepairables, mostly an xbox but ill consider anything. have a snes case, broken but repairable dreamcast and non working megadrive 1 i could part with. let me know what youve got and i can say if its suitable. most interested in an xbox 1 case.

What's wrong with the Dreamcast, I have a broken Xbox1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I have an xbox1 and a megadrive 2 at home spare. but to be honest i dont want anything broken! ;0 the xbox works too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

EnterNow wrote: »
    What's wrong with the Dreamcast, I have a broken Xbox1

the logic board for the gdrom drive is causing it not to boot past the dreamcast splash, i think the laser is gone too, everything else is fine though, last i checked it would boot and read disks grand with gdrom drive.

whats wrong with the xbox?

@keith, im gutting the system so i dont want anything that works

the logic board for the gdrom drive is causing it not to boot past the dreamcast splash, i think the laser is gone too, everything else is fine though, last i checked it would boot and read disks grand with gdrom drive.

whats wrong with the xbox?

@keith, im gutting the system so i dont want anything that works

Do you mean it was working with a donor drive?

The xbox is some kind of softmodding mess that went wrong, the eeprom isn't recoverable even with a mod chip. Ie useless, it may be salveagble with an eeprom reader but I'm not bothered

yeah it works perfectly with another drive, I could probabaly take the drive out of my working dreamcast and test it again if you really wanted.

• Advertisement

yeah it works perfectly with another drive, I could probabaly take the drive out of my working dreamcast and test it again if you really wanted.

Yep if you could that'd be great, as I'd plan on replacing the drive & maybe fitting the modded BIOS chip to restore it to full health

what is this modded bios you speak of? :D

I Like that splash :D

right so, put the drive from my working dc in and the dc booted and loaded a game no bother.

a sweetner would be if that xbox was a 1.0/1.1 but no matter if its not. the last time i turned on my own xbox it was showing signs of psu fail.

I Like that splash :D

right so, put the drive from my working dc in and the dc booted and loaded a game no bother.

a sweetner would be if that xbox was a 1.0/1.1 but no matter if its not. the last time i turned on my own xbox it was showing signs of psu fail.

I think it's a later version, possibly 1.5.

Anyway, I'm happy with that if you are

• Advertisement

yeah id go for that, pm me there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement