Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amount of Spamming going on lately

Options
  • 22-12-2011 8:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭

Is this just recent the amount of Spambots and others spamming every morning , All this " My Girlfriend wants me to wear this threads "

I amazed that even Prison Forum getting Spammed lately
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

There's a discussion already here about the increase in spam and ways to help / developing ways to prevent it :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

WIZE wrote: »

I amazed that even Prison Forum getting Spammed lately

Yup. When you get sitebanned, you still have access to Prison in order that you can appeal.

As from this morning, thanks to Danny in HQ, we are now able to site ban and ban from Prison at the same time if they are spammers.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Yeah it's getting a bit mad in here now. Is there a harder way of verifying who they are and confirming they are new members, not just re reg's.

Advertisement