Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sushi Starter kit

Options
  • 22-12-2011 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've just realised what I should buy my girlfriend for Christmas - a sushi starter kit. She into that kind of disgusting stuff.

Where in Dublin would I get such a thing - or the things that would make it up? I'm guessing I'd just need a rolling mat, some sushi rice, some of that green stuff and maybe a book on it.

So directions please! Would Michie Sushi in Ranelagh sell all that stuff?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Mary-Ellen

Any asian store or tesco should have the mat, nori paper, wasabi, soy sauce, rice vinegar and sushi rice, not sure about a book though.
    Videos on youtube might be better to show her how.

It can be made with smoked fish or just vegetables if it's the raw fish putting you off. Why not give a go at making it with her?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭blue note

Hi Mary,

Thanks for the reply - Michie will be able to sort me out so I'll pick it up on the way home. I'm going to pop up to easons to see if they have a book now.

I've tried a few different sushi's - with fish, meat or vegetarian ones. It just doesn't seem to be one for me.

Advertisement