Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What XBox 360 game to buy?

Options
  • 22-12-2011 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

I'm totally clueless when it comes to computer games these days, haven't played any in years!!! I want to get an XBox 360 game for 3 boys - ages 10, 12 and 16. What would be a good, and suitable, game for them? I know some of those games are really violent, so I don't think any of those would be suitable, but I also don't want to get some childish Disney game!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Rayman Origins is absolutely fantastic. It's a beautiful old school 2D platformer that's suitable for everyone. It also has 4 player co-op so all the kids can play together.

In a similar vein you also have Sonic Generations. Doesn't have the multiplayer angle but it's Sonic so perfectly suitable for all of them.

Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure has also gotten some great reviews from people. It's also a pretty meaty gift as the "starter" pack comes with the game, stand and three characters. The setup is a little different than other games as you can imagine.
    The video game comes with 3 action figures and a peripheral called the "Portal of Power", which connects to the player's console of choice. Each action figure represents one of 32 playable characters, including Spyro, each with unique abilities. The playable characters become unlocked when their corresponding action figures are placed on the Portal of Power. Players can also place one of these special action figures on the Portal of Power of a friend's console (even if it is not the same type of console), and the character's amassed scores, level-ups and achievements are instantly imported for the gameplay session. Additionally, two figures can be placed on the portal simultaneously, for cooperative or versus play.

But what it means is you can have co-op play with the kids, they can each have their own character and you get to go to the toy shop again in the future to buy more characters if you kids want them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭punk77

You could go for a sports game e.g. Fifa 12 or a Driving sim e.g. Forza 4. These type games would suit all three lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

A 16 year old will be looking at your Modern Warfare/ Gears of war which I would not let a 10/12 year old near. This will be your problem. I don't think there are many games that you can get that will cover such an age gap. I have a couple of cousins (both <10 years) that are mad for Halo. It's fairly popular for older age groups too. It's a shooting game based in space but it's not full of guts/blood/bad language so I think it might be suitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭whatever99

Cool, thanks for all the tips!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

Joe Danger from the XBOX arcade

• Advertisement
Advertisement