Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auto minimizing programs?

Options
  • 22-12-2011 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

whenever i have a full screen program open it minimizes after about 30 seconds and i dont know why. Also when i have anything else open like google chrome, its as if i have clicked of the window and i have to click back in. please help, thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Is this for all programs?

I'd run a virus scan just to be sure (to be sure).

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Anderson0702

yep its for anything i run on it, i have all ready run a scan. i think its something to do with notifications but im not sure how fix

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

That's not mormal, what did you scan with? Have you tried malwarebytes anti-malware?

i scanned with eset

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

i scanned with eset

Oooooh. Hmm.

Try Malwarebytes too. Just to be on the safe side. :pac:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

• Advertisement

malware bytes says i have no infected devices either
    .also my windows 7 updates wont install, it says an error occured

• Registered Users Posts: 18,601 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Are you using a laptop or a desktop?
    Is there any chance you have a faulty mouse/touchpad/keyboard?
    If you start the machine in safe mode do you have the same issues?

i only just finished building it, its a desktop, the mouse and keyboard are off of my old computer so i doubt it

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Make sure you installed the latest video card drivers

\nick

yep got the drivers off nvidia website so there the newest :c

• Advertisement

Boot into safe mode and see if it still happens.

yep got the drivers off nvidia website so there the newest :c

Go to Start>Right Click Computer>Properties>Click on rate this computer/Windows expierience index, run the index. This should configure the machine to understand the hardware you have, hopefully sorting this issue. It sounds to me like its video related, Windows 7 has a sliding Window effect that it sounds to me is "lagging" for you

Nick

I think that actually worked :D thanks yoyo (I think you have helped me out on one of my other posts too about building my computer) :)

also any idea why my windows updates arnt installing? it says there are errors but i tried to do the troubleshooting insructions and they didnt work

also any idea why my windows updates arnt installing? it says there are errors but i tried to do the troubleshooting insructions and they didnt work

What exactly is the error code WU gives? Some files may not install at certain times, and install the next time, and they show as "failed". This is quite normal, its usually due to previous updates not allowing them install at the same time

Nick

Code 80073712 and Code 800B0100 and the updates are

Security Update for .NET Framework 3.5.1 on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 for x64-based Systems (KB2518869)

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 for x64-based Systems (KB2539635)

Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2536275)

Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2488113)

Code 80073712 and Code 800B0100 and the updates are

Security Update for .NET Framework 3.5.1 on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 for x64-based Systems (KB2518869)

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 for x64-based Systems (KB2539635)

Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2536275)

Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2488113)

Try installing each update one at a time, see if that helps :)

Nick

already tried that :D

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=5842

Download SP1 manually from here and install it (windows6.1-KB976932-X64.exe)

Nick

yep that worked thanks :)

• Advertisement

the programs stoped minimizing for like a day but now its back again :( i dont know what to do
    i suppose i could just do the scan thing every day, but would that be bad for the computer?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,601 ✭✭✭✭kippy

the programs stoped minimizing for like a day but now its back again :( i dont know what to do
    i suppose i could just do the scan thing every day, but would that be bad for the computer?
    Doing it again wouldn't make sense as the rating has already been established. Have u seen what happens in safe mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 paul8f

Apologies, if I'm hi-jacking this thread, but just wondering how you resolved the error code 800B0100 during the windows update?

I am getting the same error when installing Win7 update KB2731847. I've tried 'System Update Readiness Tool' as well as 'Microsoft Fix It'. Problem is going on for weeks now :(

I actually didnt fix it. It was just a compatibility issue with a previous update. Not having it isnt going to do anything to the computer. Eventually over time it either installed or just went away.

Hope I helped.

Advertisement