Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative Pork Stuffing

Options
  • 22-12-2011 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭

Hi, just thought I would share a stuffing recipe for pork for anyone who is doing turkey alternatives. I have decided to do a stuffed loin of pork instead of the big bird. I have tried this a few times and it is insanely good.

Stuffing (I dont use measurements, just to taste)

Chopped fresh spinach
    Chopped apricots
    Grated chedder
    Grated apple (I use Granny Smith as they are firm but sweet but cooking would be suitable also)
    Grated rind of orange

Just cut the loin to roll it out, fill with stuffing, roll back up and secure with elastic thread (normally comes with the meat anyway).

Cook as normal according to weight

Mixing the juice of the orange and juice of the cooked meat, you can make a lovely light sauce. Just mix together and heat.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Name Changed

I've never made stuffing but am attempting it for the first time tomorrow. Do you not use breadcrumbs in this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

No I dont use it. The mix is quite sticky so you wont have any problem holding it together.

I usually use elastic thread to hold it together but didnt have any on Christmas day so wrapped it in tin foil and it turned out even better than usual.

Enjoy!

Advertisement