Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Webley and Scott shotgun

Options
  • 22-12-2011 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was told that my Single barrell Harmer action Webley and Scott shotgun was worth money by a lad last night. Just want to know if he was telling the truth or just talking the mick.

Can anyone let me know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭FOXHUNTER1

Hi,

I was told that my Single barrell Harmer action Webley and Scott shotgun was worth money by a lad last night. Just want to know if he was telling the truth or just talking the mick.

Can anyone let me know?

Have a look here it should answer your question lad.
    http://www.fieldsportsequipe.co.uk/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=2&Itemid=70

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭rabbit assassin

Depends on what condition its in really !

Unfortunately alot of people today that shoot dont appreciate the guns of older generations. I had a fella offer me €1500 for my grandfathers webley and scott side by side but theres not a chance Id sell it ! I hope to pass it down to my own son some day please God. Ive no doubt it would be worth money if the right person comes along. Bring it into your local dealer and see how much he'll give you for it or see if he knows of anyone looking for one or may be interested. Personally Id find I wouldnt part with it if its a family heirloom. You never know, if you hold onto it for a few more years it may be worth 3x the value !

If your looking to get rid of it post a pic in the for wanted and for sale section on here. chances are you'll get alot more for it by selling privately .

Any chance of a pic anyway ? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

I doubt its worth much but might be a nice little gun anyway, even the ww greener martini actioned shotguns aren't worth much and they have a following.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

rowa wrote: »
    I doubt its worth much but might be a nice little gun anyway, even the ww greener martini actioned shotguns aren't worth much and they have a following.

Agreed on the likelyhood of value, unless a photo can be posted. The Greener martinis were (I think) originally designed specifically for the police in Egypt - need to find my Greener book.
    P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭landkeeper

from memory there were @millions of those greener's made for some military contract that flopped they were re-barrelled in a multitude of gauges and calibres to move them on. in a previous life we even got a couple of new old stock 12g ones converted/moderated by a company in the uk and used them with subsonic ammo doing pest control

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

The police greeners were made in an odd bore size , 14 bore or something so if they fell into enemy hands they couldn't be used with normal 12 bore ammo. The actions of the greeners shotguns were split along the middle , the rifle actions weren't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭landkeeper

they are a great old gun, but kick like mad though:mad: ,my old head keeper had several martini actioned rifles he was faster with them over a few shots than any bolt rifle :eek: they are simple to change the barrel in , take out a pin and then they unscrew i have seen the shotguns made into all sorts of shooty things one of my old bosses had allsorts of strange things in huuuuuge calibres some of those were greener actions but you would have to be brave to shoot them :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Thanks guys, I'll have my mitts on the Greener book over Christmas/New Year so will go look it up and post the info.
    Travelling tomorrow, so a Joyeux Noel to all
    P.

Advertisement