Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heading to Perth mid January

Options
  • 22-12-2011 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Should I start applying for jobs now or wait till I'm over there?

Anybody else going around this time, what's your plan?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

I'm arriving over on the 20th of January, leaving Cork on the 18th and I emailed about 6 agencies but only two got back to me. Hays rang me and want's me to call in when I land and the other said email the week before I land.

They won't give you a job over the net but it's nice to leave them know your coming :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

gudede wrote: »
    I'm arriving over on the 20th of January, leaving Cork on the 18th and I emailed about 6 agencies but only two got back to me. Hays rang me and want's me to call in when I land and the other said email the week before I land.

They won't give you a job over the net but it's nice to leave them know your coming :pac:
    Unless you're going for a professional job like a doctor or engineer then there's not much point in applying for jobs before you get here. there's no harm in sussing things out with agencies and companies before you land though.

Why do people from Cork always say leave when it should be let??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 MCannon77

Should I start applying for jobs now or wait till I'm over there?

Anybody else going around this time, what's your plan?

I arrived in Perth in November. IMO there is no point in applying for jobs before you come here... Recruiters will always want you to come in and see them before they will do any searching for you. Depending on what your qualified in, I wouldnt worry too much, there are lots and lots of jobs here!!! May take a month or so but you should have no prob

Advertisement