Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues with throat & stomach

Options
  • 22-12-2011 2:24pm

Hoping this is the right place for this but just need a few people that know what they're talking about for opinions or any advice.

Over the last 6 months or so I have been having problems with talking. I work in a call centre so this has become a big problem for me. I went to the doctor back in October and explained exactly how I was feeling. I went in for a gastraphrophy about 3 weeks ago(I think this spelt right.. camera checking out my stomach). They found some bacteria in my stomach which I have been taking tablets for and to be honest my stomach hasn't felt better in years over the last few weeks. However my throat has gotten worse. It's got to the stage where I have been taken off the phones since Monday as I genuinely get light headed when I am talking for too long and nearly feel like I am going to black out. My doctor has booked me in for something else in January to check my throat to see if there is anything causing an obstruction but he thinks that it is down to the overuse of my voice through work and other things. I am off on Saturday until the New Year so I suppose this will give me time to see if giving it a rest is where the issue lies.

Other things to note is since I went to my doctor at the start of October I have given up both cigarettes and alcohol(I was a heavy drinker) while improving my diet along with regular exercise. I've lost just over 2 stone since. Could the fact it's gotten worse be linked to those changes?

Really just something I wanted to discuss somewhere as it has me worried and could jeopardise how well things are going in my job up until now. Has anyone heard of something similar and if so any advise would be greatly appreciated! If this is the wrong area for something like this apologies.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

hi there

we can't offer you any advice on your symptoms at the moment as its not clear whats causing them and as such its impossible to offer appropriate advice. when you have a definite diagnosis then feel free to start a thread about the management of that condition.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement