Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC HD2 won't charge or turn on. Heeeeelp!

Options
  • 22-12-2011 2:37pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37

Typing this in work on my last day & have no internet until I visit family home on Saturday so any swift response greatly appreciated.

I depend on my HD2 for all my TV (via HDMI, proxy & SKyGo), all my internet (from which I depend on greatly for job hunting & online money-making ventures) & all my contact with the outside world coming up to Xmas week.

Been a gradual problem, whereby the docking stations worked fine, then had to wedge a bit of cardboard in to fix the connection before eventually it stopped working altogether. Bought a new Samsung wall charger (which fits fine) & worked fine for about 2 months before connection went dodgy (still worked, though, albeit only when connector was balanced at an angle when plugged in). This wall charger now stopped working altogether & my phone now won't turn on, as the battery is completely dead. There is no red light while plugged in but I have managed to get a brief red light after heating the battery.

Please help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

If you can't charge up the phone with a usb cable your only other option is to charge up a battery with a battery charger for the HD2.

something like this:
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/3x-1550mAh-Battery-Charger-HTC-HD2-HD-2-T8585-NEW-/300633046930?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item45ff203f92

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 niall_h

Thanks for the quick reply!

What is that exactly? Not much of a description at that link. Is it a battery with extended life that you charge with a separate charger? If so, will the charger work with my existing battery?

niall_h wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick reply!

What is that exactly? Not much of a description at that link. Is it a battery with extended life that you charge with a separate charger? If so, will the charger work with my existing battery?

You use it to charge up your battery from the wall. I used to use one to charge up my spare batteries for my hd2.

Just ordered one there. Any idea how long it'll take to deliver?

I'm not sure? Send them an email asking how long but more importantly, he'll see you are from Ireland and might send you the Euro adaptor so ask him to send you the UK adaptor.

• Advertisement

Just contacted the seller. Fingers crossed it works! & thanks a mill for the help in this thread. Much appreciated.

A month to deliver????? ffs. Already paid & ordered.

Advertisement