Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Person Help - Have you seen Monica

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭meemeep

will keep an eye out - best of luck. Hope she's just laying low for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭calculator

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

can i ask that everyone please likes this page

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Find-Monica-Riordan/313953868635536

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭meemeep

liked and shared

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Hope all is well and she turns up safe and sound.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0105/missing_renewal.html

Gardaí say there was a confirmed sighting in Dublin city centre of a missing 39-year-old woman on the day she disappeared.

Monica Riordan was seen on Pearse Street, at the Macken Street junction, at around 5pm on Tuesday 20 December last.

She had walked along Macken Street from under the railway bridge and toward the junction with Pearse Street.

Gardaí say that when seen, Ms Riordan had the appearance of being disorientated and confused.
    She was also picked up on CCTV footage earlier that day at around 3pm.

Ms Riordan is described as being of thin build with shoulder length blonde hair. When last seen she was wearing a long grey coat with a hood, dark jeans and grey or white runners.

Anyone who was in the Macken Street/Pearse Street or Grand Cana Quay area of Dublin between 4.30pm and 6pm on 20 December and who may have seen Monica or has any information on her whereabouts is asked to contact Pearse Street Garda Station on 01 6669000.

Ms Riordan's colleagues today renewed their appeal to the public for assistance in tracing her.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Video snippet from today's RTE news

http://www.rte.ie/news/av/2012/0106/media-3159818.html#

I hope she is found safe and well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

irishbird wrote: »
    I work with with Monica, she hasnt been seen since lunchtime on Tuesday.

http://www.garda.ie/MissingPersons/Default.aspx

thanks

I hope she is found soon. Not to distract too much from the topic of this thread but did anyone else browse the above link and notice the amount of missing chinese people in Ireland over the last 3 years!

• Advertisement

*Important update, please share*
    The Dublin police have just identified Monica from another camera~
    the Treasury Building on Lower Grand Canal St (opposite Sir Patrick Dun’s Hospital) in the centre of Dublin; this building is within 15 minutes’ walk of Pearse station, and 5 minutes’ walk from Grand Canal Dock station.
    Time:

approximately 6pm (on the day Monica went missing, ie Tuesday 20/Dec/2011).

That is now the LAST confirmed sighting of Monica.

Fair play to all getting out with the search today. Hope Monica turns up soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Is there any update on Monica?

deelite wrote: »
    Is there any update on Monica?

unfortunately, not the last sighting was at 7pm on the day she went missing on john rogerson's quay

What the? I mean, how can people just disappear for christs sake, someone must know something, a student in DCU gone missing too.

Has there been any further leads?

Hope Monica is found soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

It happens unfortunately, without any evidence whatsoever! I have a family member missing 11 years now and it is extremely upsetting.

Never give up hope!

My thoughts and prayers are with the family of Monica and hopefully she will make a safe return.

well, she was seen walking down John Rogerson's Quay but not back up.

There have a number of search boats in the Liffey and at Howth.

We are praying that she was just missed on the CCTV going back up the Quay :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 devilgirl

any word on why she phoned the gaurds on the day of her disappearance??

From the find Monica Facebook page
    Hi Everyone, just wanted to give you all an update re the search for Monica. As there is no more cctv footage available after 7am of the morning of Wednesday 21st December and the last sighting of Monica being the previous night (Tuesday) the police don't have anywhere to go to from here so have effectively closed the case. They are no longer actively looking for Monica but there is one other piece of information that the family would like and we need your help with this. If any of you or if you know of anyone that was in the vicinity of the very end part of Sir John Rogerson's Quay on the night of 20th December please try to think back if you may have seen her. The last sighting of Monica was walking East past the State St Building into a sort of enclosed area at the end of the quay. That was the night that Duran Duran were playing in the O2 and Sister Act was on in the Grand Canal Theatre. 12 other people passed the camera on that building that night and we would like to try to trace them to see if they saw Monica and if so at what time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭Gman1

irishbird wrote: »
    From the find Monica Facebook page

I hope she is found safe and well, but I have to say I find it strange that the DCU student who disappeared went missing in the same area as Monica.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

Can't believe this woman is still missing. Must be horrible for the family. Hopefully some new information will pop up soon

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Advertisement