Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carpetright Warning

Options
  • 22-12-2011 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭

Just thought I would post this up in warning others who might be thinking to deal with CarpetRight.

Got a quote from Said Company. Gave Exact measurements.

Was a tad expensive so I just left it. Coincidentally about 2 weeks later they had an add on tv for up to 50% discounts for 1 day only sale.
    So I said Nice one good timing!
    Sent the Misses in on the day of the Sale. Ballons outside, big bill board one day sale etc etc. I smelled a rat as I had seen other posts about these cowboys.
    I was parked outside the store and told her what the guy looked like.

Same Sales guy
    Same Carpet
    Same Underlay
    Same Sizes

Guess what, not only was the price the same it had gone up by 25 euro !

She SPECIFICALLY asked did that include the discount and was told yes.

You would want to see the list of extras as well. Unreal Nearly half a page of calculations for a bit of carpet.

ABSOLUTE COWBOYS AVOID.
    Sickening

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

We bought from them this year. Found them a pleasure to deal with, good prices and everything was very professionally installed.

And, our apt is not easy to floor, due to the unusual layout of the place. Lots of angles and corners. The apt is more pie shaped than rectangle.

Anyway, I'd highly recommend them. Good prices and good service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

Paulw wrote: »
    We bought from them this year. Found them a pleasure to deal with, good prices and everything was very professionally installed.

And, our apt is not easy to floor, due to the unusual layout of the place. Lots of angles and corners. The apt is more pie shaped than rectangle.

Anyway, I'd highly recommend them. Good prices and good service.

Thats good. Im sure they probably do a good job my gripe was the fake sale and the increase in prices. So people a sale aint allways a sale ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Many shops are guilty of this. Tesco have been know to raise prices for a short period then drop prices and announce a big sale when in fact prices have just returned to where they were before the increase:
    http://www.thejournal.ie/is-tesco-allowed-to-hike-its-prices-and-then-just-drop-them-again-2011-03/

I suppose we should all be wary of greeks bearing gifts. Things aren't always what they seem.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

cowboys! gangsters!

same as furniture shops.

I DO NOT BELIEVE in those 50-70% off sales CONSTANTLY

They hike prices before "reducing them".

I just don't buy it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,386 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

They did a good job for me aswell. I wouldn't believe any of their 'sales' prices though. Places like that seem to be constantly having sales.
    Is there a trading standards in Ireland you can report them to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,523 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

The apt is more pie shaped than rectangle.

Hmmmmmm pie...............

Curious about a pie shaped apt......very Homer Simpson

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭grudgebringer

This is one reason I like Argos' site, at least with their sale items, it tells you if the item had previously been available cheaper before, so at least you have a gauge as to how much you are or are not saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

TheDriver wrote: »
    Hmmmmmm pie...............

Curious about a pie shaped apt......very Homer Simpson

DOH!

That's why I bought it and love it.

Very unusual shaped rooms to floor. Only two "regular" rectangle rooms in the whole place.

Carpetright came out, measured the place, gave advice on how best to cover it (without too much wastage), and came up with a price that couldn't be beaten by two other companies I looked at.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

thats the way many businesses work, wife comes home got this in the sale ,reduced from 200 to 100 for a dress or something Still too dear but shes happy

Advertisement