Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

H1B Visa

Options
  • 22-12-2011 3:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi ... ok I have been offered a job in the US and the company are willing to sponsor me, my credentials have been accepted by the state department, however the company have said that they don't have much knowledge about the visa process or the resources so they have asked me to seek the help of an attorney!
    My question is has anyone been through this and could they give me any advice? When I googled this a minefield of info came up and I'm not sure how much of it was actually reliable.

I'd love to speak to someone who has gone through this process.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

Well firstly, the cap for H1B is full this year and they won't be accepting new petitions until April 1st next year. Secondly, it is illegal for the employee to pay any fees/costs associated with the visa sponsorship. Therefore, if the company want you to seek the help of an attorney, they will have to pay for it. So be very careful.

A good place to get more info is at uscis.gov specifically here.

Advertisement