Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toshiba AT100 tablet opinions please

Options
  • 22-12-2011 3:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, I've been looking at the Archos 8 g9 which the Carphone Warehouse have as 'coming soon' and for €229, however... I've seen the Toshiba AT100 on sale for €329 (previously €449) and its available now. I'm wondering if anyone here has the Toshiba and what they think of it and whether anyone has an opinion on it V the elusive Archos, there's €100 in difference in the price and I'm wondering if that shows anywhere in the speed/capabilities etc as they both run honeycomb. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭pabloh999

Ive read that the battery life is pretty poor, on the Toshiba

• Registered Users Posts: 39 murfbrowne

hi,
    just wondering which tablet did you go for and how are you finding it.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭pabloh999

I got the Archos 80 g9 8gb. 235euro
    Its ok, no more no less.

Good value, responsive touchscreen , video playback good.
    The kick stand is handy
    The 8 inch screen is a decent size not too big not too small.

A little bit heavy and a bit plasticy
    The volume rocker is in an awkward position and the microsd card sticks out a good bit when its pushed in its slot.
    I had to pay 10e extra to download codecs fromArchos to playback my mkv's:mad:

But it does everything you would expect, im happy enough with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

murfbrowne wrote: »
    hi,
    just wondering which tablet did you go for and how are you finding it.

I went for the Archos 80 G9, as Pabloh says its ok, perfectly fine, no bells or whistles and as an apple iphone user I'm not that excited about android but at the price its good value for money, I bought it so I could read a college book on the train without having to lug the book around and for that its perfect. It did something to my music on transfer though, lots of songs are sped up when played! Movies play well on it and the screen size for me is perfect for commuting.

Advertisement