Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Hamper Disaster

Options
  • 22-12-2011 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Paid for christmas hampers all year got letter to say they would be delivered between Fri 16th & Mon 19th never arrived I rang monday evening they said they were unable to get 2 of the hampers but the rest would be delivered Tues or Wed so came home yesterday hampers were delivered but completely wrong stuff not not even half of what should be there. Rang the company no reply rang the agent he gave me a direct number for the office the girl said she couldn't do anything but the manager would call me back. he rang about an hour later promised to sort it out and to ring me this morning with solution it's now 15.24 and no call from him. I have rang the office and left messages twice today and no response. Have been a customer with this company for 10+ years and never a problem until now €1400 wasted what are my rights what can I do anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

krisbecs wrote: »
    €1400 wasted what are my rights what can I do anyone?

For a hamper? :eek:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Crikey.

If you can pay €1,400 for food and drink for Christmas you can pay a solicitor €50 to go through your options in relation to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

For a hamper? :eek:

NO
    krisbecs wrote: »
    unable to get 2 of the hampers but the rest would be delivered Tues or Wed

More than 2..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭ThePower11

Was there gold bars in these hampers?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Sounds to me like OP is an agent for some hamper company OR bought a number of hampers as gifts.

I can't offer any suggestions, but I find some of the responses decidedly unhelpful, if not downright rude.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

i suggest you wait to hear from them. Even with the best solicitor there's very little he could do in 2 days

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

Citizens advice. Those guys know their stuff. Though I'd guess you may be lucky to find them open this side of the christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭rab!dmonkey

Consumer Issues might be a better forum for this.

If I recall my Junior Cert Business Studies correctly, the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act, 1980 mandates that goods sold to a consumer must 'be as described', amongst other things. If this is not the case, the consumer is entitled to a refund, repair or replacement.

Citizen's Information has a comprehensive page on your rights as a consumer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Consumer Issues might be a better forum for this.

If I recall my Junior Cert Business Studies correctly, the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act, 1980 mandates that goods sold to a consumer must 'be as described', amongst other things. If this is not the case, the consumer is entitled to a refund, repair or replacement.

Citizen's Information has a comprehensive page on your rights as a consumer.
    Depends on whether the OP purchased the hampers as a consumer (€1400 seems a lot alright) or as a business. If the latter then consumer rights don't apply and the OP needs to look at contract law.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posters - the value of the hampers doesn't really matter. Stick to the topic.

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

dudara wrote: »
    Posters - the value of the hampers doesn't really matter. Stick to the topic.

dudara
    Indeed, but the high value of the order raises doubts over whether this is even a consumer issue or a commercial one. Would be nice if the OP could clarify.

Seasons greetings to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Indeed, but the high value of the order raises doubts over whether this is even a consumer issue or a commercial one. Would be nice if the OP could clarify.

Seasons greetings to all.

I get the impression from the opening sentence that it was some form of a hamper club, but you do raise a good point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I don't see how the amount of money someone is willing to spend on Christmas is even relevant but if people are going to fixate on that matter, the OP could have a large family or have lots of visitors coming over Christmas or may have bought presents as part of these hampers (a lot of these hamper clubs also sell electronic goods etc.).

OP, I'd say the likelihood of getting something sorted in the next week or so is very slim. Contact the company when they are open and demand a full refund, do so by telephone and in writing, outlining the situation. There is a good chance you will end up having to go the legal route though.

Advertisement