Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting advice needed: Enfield - Blanchardstown

Options
  • 22-12-2011 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭

Hi boardsies I am in need of some commuting advice. I have my sister staying with me and I am just about to move to Enfield and she needs to travel to Blanch every day for work. Since I am still trying to get to know the Enfield area myself I was wondering if someone could offer some advice for the best way to use public transport to get to Blanchardstown (the blackcourt road or within walking distance of it)

Initially I had thought getting the train from Maynooth to Coolmine and getting the shuttle bus from Coolmine to Blanchardstown IT (I wouldnt mind driving too the train station each day as I commute into town so it's an option for me) but the shuttle bus doesnt seem to run (does anyone know if it just stopped for Christmas or something?)

Any advice and pointers welcome!

Thanks guys!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,365 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You can get a train from Enfield, but the frequency isn't as good as Maynooth.

38, 38a, 38b, 220, 236, 238 serve the area.

She could go to Castleknock station and get a 38 or 38a or Navan Road Parkway and get a 38, 38a or 38b.

You do know that ITB isn't on Blackcourt Road?

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

Victor wrote: »
    You can get a train from Enfield, but the frequency isn't as good as Maynooth.

38, 38a, 38b, 220, 236, 238 serve the area.

She could go to Castleknock station and get a 38 or 38a or Navan Road Parkway and get a 38, 38a or 38b.

You do know that ITB isn't on Blackcourt Road?

My knowledge of the area is dire! :eek:

I know she walks to the Blackcourt Road and gets a bus there at the moment. She works near (ish) Blanch IT I was using it as a landmark. If I managed to get her that far I think we would be onto a winner.

Castleknock Station seems to be winner. It's served by the Maynooth train isnt it?

Thank you so much for your advice, I really appreciate it. I am a bit lost in this case :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Train to Castleknock and then the 38/38a?

Check the morning train times from Enfield too. One might suit.

Advertisement