Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Important* Rock Band 3 "Dani California" Bug

Options
  • 22-12-2011 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭

Haven't been playing RB much over the last month or 2 so only went back to it tonight, it was patched earlier in the month to reintroduce Dani California , Blackhole sun etc back into the game from the RB1 export.

This patch in turn caused another problem on EU version of the games and it subsequently removed 8 songs from the RB1 export.

Harmonix have issued a fix but you have to email them for a DLC code.

Details in this thread 1st post see HMX Henry Edit.
    http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225633

This only effects EU XXBOX version of the game as far as I know.
    Originally Posted by hmxhenry
    Hey all. I'll post replies to a few questions below but wanted to post next steps first so people can link to them and quote them cleanly without a bunch of non essential background info attached.

Affected users (i.e. EU 360 players that imported RB1 into RB3, downloaded the newest title update and then found that several songs from RB1 import were no longer available) can email support@rockband.com for a DLC code that will reintroduce the missing songs.

Please make sure the subject line of the email reads: Dani California Bug (X360) - Missing EU songs post patch

Also, please include your name, your gamertag and your country in the body of the email. We'll reply with a code as soon as possible so you can get these 8 songs back in your library.

We'll be passing along this next step to members of our Facebook and Twitter community as well, but feel free to pass it along to other affected users you know or cross post on relevant message boards and EU community sites.

Also I have come across another problem since the patch, songs downloaded from RockBandNetwork using a UK or US account no longer seem to work with my Irish account, they have reverted to demos, they play fully when I switch accounts though, super f**king annoying :mad: Lucky I only have 4 or 5 songs, could someone else with RBN stuff check and see if they have the same issue :confused: Edit : This was down to me being an idiot and forgetting to re-license the dlc after I got a new xbox d'uh :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

What 8 songs were removed? As long as Welcome home is still there I'm not too pushed. Haven't played RB in ages myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

What 8 songs were removed? As long as Welcome home is still there I'm not too pushed. Haven't played RB in ages myself.

Ah love Coheed!!!!!!! The RB forums say it was the 8 EU bonus tracks, but I have some of them and some are missing , like it says hysteria is effected but thats there, rock and roll star is missing and about 4 others.

I also get an unreadable disc error when I play dani california or any of ther others like hysteria or when we were young, meaning even if you still have the songs you likely need the DLC pack anyway and delete the others from the library.

Thought when you were young was RB2, I'll have to e-mail them so. Having to go through and delete the titles yourself is annoying. They better e-mail clear instructions and what songs etc.

Cheers for the heads up.

Got my code this morning :)

Yeah got mine this morning too, not bad considering I only sent the e-mail yesterday and being this close to Christmas. They didn't tell me what songs to delete before downloading this pack. What did you do?

• Advertisement

Yeah got mine this morning too, not bad considering I only sent the e-mail yesterday and being this close to Christmas. They didn't tell me what songs to delete before downloading this pack. What did you do?

Think they are listed somewhere in the thread linked to above, I'll have to wait til after xmas to get back to my dublin xbox and see.

You only need to delete songs if you still get a disc read error anyway i think, just use the code , delete the song cache from the RB3 folder in storage settings, and it should pick up the new verisons. at least thats how it worked with the slipknot track pack that had problems earlier in the year.

Advertisement