Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to apply gel liner

• 22-12-2011 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭

Hello all! I would consider myself a makeup lover, I love trying all new techniques, new products etc. Even my friend who works on a makeup counter appreciates i love makeup more than her! My problem is this. . . I am an avid eye liner fan and a huge fan of winged sexy smoky eyes! However I absolutely SUCK at gel liner. Just stick with tried and trusted you say, well I'd love to but i always find that it fades or smudges or disappears along the lower eye. I posted recently about how I was going to experiment with Maybelline gel liner first, well i bought it and i have experimented a few times and I just cant get it right. It always smudges or my hand slips or something. I would love a bit of help! Gel liner for dummies :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Skip to about 2.00 - she's just talking crap until this. This is how I apply gel eyeliner anyway! I find it much easier to use and angeled brush than a this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 2022rae

At 2.40 Jen (frmheadtotoe) discusses and shows how she puts on eyeliner, she goes right into all the angles you should be looking at to get it right and everything. Jen's favourite eyeliner is the MAC gel liner in blacktrack and she uses it in a lot of videos so if you search through her videos and she her techniques you'll get the hang of it no time! They certainly helped me! :) Personally I used an angled liner brush for gel liner, it is tricky the first few times but you get the hang of it pretty quickly! Hope this helps! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I used to use an angled liner brush but I just found it too tricky to get the hang of :o

I now use a lip liner brush instead. I find it is much more precise and I can easily make the line thin or thick if I want. It's also easier to use if you want to tightline your lashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 2022rae

I used to use an angled liner brush but I just found it too tricky to get the hang of :o

I now use a lip liner brush instead. I find it is much more precise and I can easily make the line thin or thick if I want. It's also easier to use if you want to tightline your lashes.

They can be tricky definitely! It took me a few weeks to get used to it. I might try your trick with the lip liner brush though for tightlining as I can line my bottom waterline perfectly with the angled brush but tightlining is just a bit too tricky, I've poked my eye a few times trying with the angled brush :o For normal eyelining and waterlining, the angled one is great for me :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Haha gas, I use the Bobbi Brown eye liner brush as a lip brush :p Found it too big!

I use the Mac angled brush, and it did take a lot of practice, but I think I have it down now. Practice makes perfect!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

for me this girl totally put it in perspective with her scalene triangle. plus she gives you an idea of what brush to use.

on pinterest they have loads of make up and eyeliner tutorials. so worth a look.

Advertisement