Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi's Xmas Day

Options
  • 22-12-2011 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Anyone know if there are any taxi's running Christmas Day??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Not sure about a taxi but you can organise a hackney for a run on Christmas day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Tried doing this last year and the year before.

Rang a taxi company about 5 days before Christmas day to see if they would provide a service (from Greystones to Bray). For extra cash they said they would. I have no problem with paying more, quite happy to. So they took my number, time and address details. I even rang two days before to make sure it's still going ahead. All was fine according to them.

On Christmas day then no taxi/cab arrived at the appointed time. Calls through to the company remained unanswered (of course, it's Christmas Day).

But no phonecall even to say they can't make it. My wife and I waited an hour and had to arrange family to pick us up. Rang the company a couple of days later but they didn't know anything.

Last year the same thing, different company. Exactly the same, arranged 5 days ahead, rang a day before Christmas to confirm it's still on.

Then on Christmas Day my wife and I got stranded again. No calls, no warning, nothing. Again, family had to collect us. We complained to the company, they said they would look into it but then nothing, no return calls, no apologies etc.

What I don't understand is that we were happy to pay way more than on normal days, provide them with our details and don't even get a call or apology.

They shouldn't offer a Christmas Day service, taking reservations etc if they cannot supply the service. And it only takes a call to at least let us know that they cannot make it. And apologise as well as it seriously dampened our Christmas.

This year I'll drive but it sucks to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bdeithrick

I'm working in Greystones Bray in Christmas eve and Christmas Day booking essential as busy times , fill yet slot

Carrig cabs
    <snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Preusse wrote: »
    Tried doing this last year and the year before.

Rang a taxi company about 5 days before Christmas day to see if they would provide a service (from Greystones to Bray). For extra cash they said they would. I have no problem with paying more, quite happy to. So they took my number, time and address details. I even rang two days before to make sure it's still going ahead. All was fine according to them.

On Christmas day then no taxi/cab arrived at the appointed time. Calls through to the company remained unanswered (of course, it's Christmas Day).

But no phonecall even to say they can't make it. My wife and I waited an hour and had to arrange family to pick us up. Rang the company a couple of days later but they didn't know anything.

Last year the same thing, different company. Exactly the same, arranged 5 days ahead, rang a day before Christmas to confirm it's still on.

Then on Christmas Day my wife and I got stranded again. No calls, no warning, nothing. Again, family had to collect us. We complained to the company, they said they would look into it but then nothing, no return calls, no apologies etc.

What I don't understand is that we were happy to pay way more than on normal days, provide them with our details and don't even get a call or apology.

They shouldn't offer a Christmas Day service, taking reservations etc if they cannot supply the service. And it only takes a call to at least let us know that they cannot make it. And apologise as well as it seriously dampened our Christmas.

This year I'll drive but it sucks to be honest.

Shocking behaviour mate.

Try Keith on Mob: 0833487176 or Email: darcycabs@gmail.com. If hes not working he will sort you out.

bdeithrick wrote: »
    I'm working in Greystones Bray in Christmas eve and Christmas Day booking essential as busy times , fill yet slot

Carrig cabs

Good man Byron, are you 100% reliable ?

• Advertisement

Thanks for the replies guys. I think it may be too late at this stage though as I am looking for a cab between 10.00pm and 10.30pm from Greystones to Bray on Christmas Day?

Thanks for the replies guys. I think it may be too late at this stage though as I am looking for a cab between 10.00pm and 10.30pm from Greystones to Bray on Christmas Day?

Ring Byron, if you don't ask, you won't receive :p

pixbyjohn wrote: »

Ring Byron, if you don't ask, you won't receive :p

Yeah that's very true John
    Can't pick em by physic methods

Yuuup I'm out and about again this Christmas 2012
    Greystones Bray Sth Dublin

Carrig cabs 4 and 8 seater catered for
    087 223 9387

bdeithrick wrote: »
    Yuuup I'm out and about again this Christmas 2012
    Greystones Bray Sth Dublin

Carrig cabs 4 and 8 seater catered for

Seems to be the wrong number. The correct number is 0872239387.

• Advertisement

Seems to be the wrong number. The correct number is 0872239387.

I changed it thank you
    <snip>

Advertisement