Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

University choices help

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 sports_

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

I'm doing Science in TCD and loving it at the moment :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 sports_

bscm wrote: »
    I'm doing Science in TCD and loving it at the moment :)

ye? any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭F9Devil

I'd be interesting in hearing a reply from bscm too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

As 90% of people say, I love my course :) TCD is amazing, people are really nice and the lecturers and professors are pretty good.

The good thing about my course is that you choose your modules on the first day. You get a 10 minute talk about each module before you make your decision on the first day and there are advisors to help you if you are stuck. It's not like other colleges where you have to choose before you begin.

We do 3 modules each semester in 1st Year. I've just finished Physics I, Physical Geography and Maths I. I'm doing Physics II, Geology and Maths II next semester. I'm aiming for a degree in Astrophysics or Physics so I have to keep up Maths for the 4 years.

A lot of people aiming for Biology degrees took Maths Methods (a "easier" version of Maths I), and won't be doing any other Maths modules for the rest of their degree (which some people would like, others maybe not).

We don't get a B.Sc, instead we get a B.A. Mod. (Moderatorship). It's not looked at differently by employers, it's just TCD's way of awarding degrees.

In my choice of modules, I had/have about 20-22 hours a week of lectures/labs/tutorials. Which isn't too bad, considering the timetable worked out well for me and I had some decent breaks in each day (and 1pm finishes on Thursdays and Fridays :D)

Maths wasn't too bad, anyone who did HL for the Leaving should be well able for it.

PM me if you want more details :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement