Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Titan - owners comments?

Options
  • 22-12-2011 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭

I'm seriously thinking of getting this phone - any owners out there who'd give their views on it?

(I have a htc legend, and have the option of upgrading to a samsung s2 or an iphone 4s with 3, but the only windows phone they have is the samsung omnia 7. But i think I'd like to try a windows phone, and the titan looks like the best option at the moment, but for now it's only on vodafone with their ridiculous plans. So I'm thinking of remaining on a sim only contract and buying a sim free phone myself.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

I haven't used the HTC Titan myself but from all the reviews online it seems to be a great phone. Give the OS a good try and look at how it works from contacts, messaging, email, pictures etc... If you have a friend how has one get them to show you how it works. It's a really well thought out os and works very smoothly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

While I don't have the Titan, I have what I suppose is the predecessor, the HD7 albeit mine only has a 4.3" screen. I find the phone great with the screen being fantastic. While its not a Super AMOLED like some of its competitors I still find it quite good for everything.

Its great for watching movies and looking at photos and the sound quality is great with the added enhancer from HTC.

While the build quality isn't as high as Samsungs or LG's offerings I still find it very sturdy and there is only 1 squeak from the phone which is where I dropped it once.

I'm not sure if the Titan has the kickstand but I found the one on mine to be fantastic. Really handy for watching those movies or slideshows.

The camera I found to be adequate but not up to the iPhone 4's equivalent 5mp camera but I rarely use it myself anyway. The flash is very bright with it being dual LED's and acts as a great flashlight.

I find the OS to be brilliant and find it the best out of the 3, Android iOS and Windows 7. I <3 my HD7 and WP7!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I got the Titan recently as a replacement for the HTC HD7 when I switched providers. It's a solid lump of a phone but I don't think it looks as nice as the HD7, it's got a metal case which has been dropped on the floor, the case popped off but the phone was grand other than that.

It is faster than the HD7, very smooth. Other than that I can't say as I haven't put the phone under much pressure. I've ran the NES emulator on it with bubble bobble but nothing to serious.

The battery is much better than the HD7 lasting 2-3 days without a charge depending on what your doing which was the downfall of the HD7.

It's huge! Not uncomfortable though, since the HD7 I leave one pocket for phone only and it's not so big as to be noticeable in the pocket, any more so than the HD7 anyway. It's as flat as the HD7 just slightly longer and wider I think more to allow for the forward facing camera than extra screen space.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

Shameless self plug but here's my HTC Titan review if you want to give it a glance, hope it helps.

Short story is: fast, smooth OS and phone with a great camera and solid hardware. Biggest downside is the screen is kind of too big, bit hard to text using only one hand.

Advertisement