Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shoe (walking boot) repair shop?

Options
  • 23-12-2011 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭

Any one know of a place that can resole Hiking boots (Meindl) with vibram soles?
    Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭galwaycyclist

I have brought mine to the man on Sea Road opposite iSupply. I forget his name now. He's deaf so it helps if you write down what you want on a little note for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

You could try the place on Abbeygate Strret next to Corrib Travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭geekychick

I have brought mine to the man on Sea Road opposite iSupply. I forget his name now. He's deaf so it helps if you write down what you want on a little note for him.

Yes, Heffernan's. He resoled my boots with vibram.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭galwaycyclist

I have also used these guys for a pair of scarpas

http://www.feetfirst.resoles.co.uk/walking_boot_repair.php

I'm not sure if they do Meindls. They would likely be much more expensive than James and take much longer. James Heffernan has been used by a few other local hillwalkers I know and he does vibram soles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Used the cobbler in Mervue. He replaced the midsole also for 40 Euro all in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Any one know of a place that can resole Hiking boots (Meindl) with vibram soles?
    Thanks

if the soles are worn I would get a new pair. they can repair it, but will the boot be waterproof again?

Advertisement