Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

North West Electronics/BlueBox

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭chris_ie

I remember the old satellite broadband we had. Worked along with the dial up as far as I remember. You used the dial up then could add downloads to a queue which were then pushed down via satellite in the middle of the night sometime :D

So I've been told today that anything over 1GB in 24hours is excessive use. That would mean NWE have a cap of 30GB a month. New sign ups might want to keep this in mind..

(Pretty sure they see this thread too, but couldn't care less anymore)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 pawddy

chris_ie wrote: »
    So I've been told today that anything over 1GB in 24hours is excessive use. That would mean NWE have a cap of 30GB a month. New sign ups might want to keep this in mind..

(Pretty sure they see this thread too, but couldn't care less anymore)

Really? Is this a new thing? I hope this isn't enforced. Most games these days are at least 15GB. I even have a few PS4 games that are 40GB+!

The unlimited data cap was the only good thing about NWE. I'm not sure what I'm going to do if a 30GB per month cap is introduced.

pawddy wrote: »
    Really? Is this a new thing? I hope this isn't enforced. Most games these days are at least 15GB. I even have a few PS4 games that are 40GB+!

The unlimited data cap was the only good thing about NWE. I'm not sure what I'm going to do if a 30GB per month cap is introduced.

I've told them that people use broadband for streaming, gaming, used the example for 40GB game on xbox. 1GB a day being excessive is ridiculous. They have nothing in their terms in the contract. Alot of the 4G mobile crowds are offering 30-50GB. It would be a level playing field if thats enforced as you say. But thats what I was told in my mail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭Tommy Lagahan

1GB a day?
    I've gone through 5GB+ today alone, which is lower than average for me. I used to hit 500-600GB a month on the efibre in Letterkenny, with only me using the line.
    These lads are jokers.
    If they ever introduce an enforced cap I'm disconnecting and advising everyone I know to do so.
    Everyone I know in the area on it are using it to stream away like mad, so the lot of them would be screwed if they introduced a cap.
    Must be why our connections are so crap, they're probably throttling the dung out of everyone. lol 1GB, what a joke.

• Advertisement

1GB a day?
    I've gone through 5GB+ today alone, which is lower than average for me. I used to hit 500-600GB a month on the efibre in Letterkenny, with only me using the line.
    These lads are jokers.
    If they ever introduce an enforced cap I'm disconnecting and advising everyone I know to do so.
    Everyone I know in the area on it are using it to stream away like mad, so the lot of them would be screwed if they introduced a cap.
    Must be why our connections are so crap, they're probably throttling the dung out of everyone. lol 1GB, what a joke.

Yeah I watch an episode or two a night on Netflix, thats over a gig right there. As Pawddy says games are large these days, I downloaded one ages ago that was 40GB. I downloaded Linux the other day, that was around 1.4GB. They were looking into my packet loss issue and closed the ticket because I used 24GB in 4 days and said it was excessive therefore closing the ticket and mentioned the 1GB in 24hours part then. Ticket was nothing to do with downloads.

Yeah I watch an episode or two a night on Netflix, thats over a gig right there. As Pawddy says games are large these days, I downloaded one ages ago that was 40GB. I downloaded Linux the other day, that was around 1.4GB. They were looking into my packet loss issue and closed the ticket because I used 24GB in 4 days and said it was excessive therefore closing the ticket and mentioned the 1GB in 24hours part then. Ticket was nothing to do with downloads.

Get on to comreg about that, pretty sure that sounds like something they shouldn't be able to do. Packet loss is a separate issue to throttling from bandwidth use. Proper throttling shouldn't be dropping packets.

Get on to comreg about that, pretty sure that sounds like something they shouldn't be able to do. Packet loss is a separate issue to throttling from bandwidth use. Proper throttling shouldn't be dropping packets.

Yeah I contacted them a while back and have a reference number. Mailed them again earlier. Might give them a call tomorrow depending if this crowd get back to my last mail.

I know another customer on NWE and I did some testing with trace routes etc over the weekend. He gets decent stats now since network settled again. Around 1500 packets and 1 or 2 dropped. I started the same test on mine to same ip and it dropped 3 by the time it reached 20 packets and more as it went on!

After checking both trace routes and ruling out the hops which I never get packet loss on there is only 2 hops different between mine and the other guy. So this is obviously where the issue lies. I sent this to them but got no word back whether they looked at it or not.

Aye packet loss seems mostly sorted, but the ping spikes are cyat and the speeds went straight back down to 1-2Mbit there a day or two after the network settled.
    I wonder how Three is gonna handle the O2 takeover regarding mast usage because their capacity could double in my area if they just rejig o2 equipment onto their network.
    I'd seriously consider dropping this entirely and trying to manage with a 60GB cap on Three if that happened, I'd be paying less than I am now.
    There's a way to get psuedo unlimited data on certain Three sims that I've been using for a couple of years now, usually go well over the advertised limits on it.

Yeah Three could be interesting when they sort it all out. Bit of competition would be good. That workaround sounds good, make sure three reps don't catch wind of it :p Downloading and update for iPad here now, 560MB. Limits wouldn't be long being hit!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

I regularly download Linux iso images, several a week for testing, so 3 wouldn't really be an option for me.

Yeah, a cap like that you might understand for a mobile provider (people using it out and about) but for a fixed broadband provider its a bit ridiculous.

Downloading about 12GB of BF4 DLC today, 6GB in so far. wonder if the throttling will bring me under 1Mbit at peak.
    Still getting 4Mbit but I wouldn't consider this peak time so they're probably already throttling me.

Edit: Spake of the divil im down to 2Mbit

Getting to that time of the evening alright. ComReg got back to me there, they've contacted NWE. I explained the situation regarding how long its been going on and how they kept trying to pin it back on me regarding usage with no limits mentioned anywhere. Didnt realise they were going to go ahead and contact them. But they have, so hopefully I'll get there eventually. If they had just explained the issues and given a timeframe for fixing it things would have been so much easier!

Getting to that time of the evening alright. ComReg got back to me there, they've contacted NWE. I explained the situation regarding how long its been going on and how they kept trying to pin it back on me regarding usage with no limits mentioned anywhere. Didnt realise they were going to go ahead and contact them. But they have, so hopefully I'll get there eventually. If they had just explained the issues and given a timeframe for fixing it things would have been so much easier!

Keep us posted on that! Could be another few complaints to Comreg organized if this one gains traction. ;)

Keep us posted on that! Could be another few complaints to Comreg organized if this one gains traction. ;)

Ha, yeah will keep ya posted. I'm still waiting to hear back from NWE in reply to my last two mails. Probably wont now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,208 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

What sort of power do Comreg carry?

Can they actually do anything about this?

NIMAN wrote: »
    What sort of power do Comreg carry?

Can they actually do anything about this?

Not exactly sure to be honest. I had contacted them about a month ago just asking for advice, got a complaint reference off NWE then. Contacted them again two days ago then explaining everything and asked what exactly they can do, didnt actually ask them to get involved yet, was planning on leaving it another week before doing that but they got back to me and said they contacted NWE.

They obviously know I'm taking the piss with the downloads this two days :pac:
    Definitely reading this thread lol!
    PR5pNkw.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭ShowMeTheCash

pawddy wrote: »

Technically it is not new.
    I remember them saying no cap but they might throttle data usage.

So lets say you are hardcore downloading 500GB a month like Tommy.. Just out a matter of interest half a terabyte??? What ye downloading?

They can perhaps let the first 1Gig go at a normal speed then throttle the speed there after.

3G companies do this.

• Advertisement

Downloading nightly Unreal Engine updates (up to 4GB) doing source control on large projects, downloading tons of assets, games and mods pretty much all of the time lol.
    Not to mention all the streaming in the background when working.
    Really taking the piss doing what I'm at off wireless connections but cant afford to move so what can ye do lol.

BTW that 500GB figure was on the eFibre, probably not getting anywhere near that on NWE cos its so damn intermittent. Most of the bandwidth was HD streaming, wouldn't be at that on "Baby's First 0.4Mbit-2Mbit wireless connection".

Technically it is not new.
    I remember them saying no cap but they might throttle data usage.

So lets say you are hardcore downloading 500GB a month like Tommy.. Just out a matter of interest half a terabyte??? What ye downloading?

They can perhaps let the first 1Gig go at a normal speed then throttle the speed there after.

3G companies do this.

Yeah can understand mobile carriers doing it, they always have (and usually have a cap mentioned on their plans), but fixed wireless doesn't have the same limitations. You would be doing well downloading large amounts of data on 3G! Why offer a fast service then complain if you use it.

Downloading nightly Unreal Engine updates (up to 4GB) doing source control on large projects, downloading tons of assets, games and mods pretty much all of the time lol.
    Not to mention all the streaming in the background when working.
    Really taking the piss doing what I'm at off wireless connections but cant afford to move so what can ye do lol.

BTW that 500GB figure was on the eFibre, probably not getting anywhere near that on NWE cos its so damn intermittent. Most of the bandwidth was HD streaming, wouldn't be at that on "Baby's First 0.4Mbit-2Mbit wireless connection".

Even at that 500Gigs :eek:
    I am a Sotware Enginner myself and run my own company, I can work remotely and I do hold projects locally (But I do not download source code or need to do any updates daily) I have downloaded ps4 games and watched entire seasons of shows on Netflix but I would not come close to 500Gig in a month, I find that amazing!

I think in reality it needs to be understood that there is always a limit with capacity.

NWE are overloading there switches but that being said NWE will go on a law of averages i.e. 15-30G a month per house hold over x amount of home should give an average of x

With the snow I had to work from home two days this week and 3 last week.

I am getting about 5Mbs during the day, will slow right down to about 1.5 come 5 o'clock, during the night (Post Midnight) it will go back to about 10Mbs...

But I have no other option, hopefully the company get's their sh1t together!

Even at that 500Gigs :eek:
    I am a Sotware Enginner myself and run my own company, I can work remotely and I do hold projects locally (But I do not download source code or need to do any updates daily) I have downloaded ps4 games and watched entire seasons of shows on Netflix but I would not come close to 500Gig in a month, I find that amazing!

I think in reality it needs to be understood that there is always a limit with capacity.

NWE are overloading there switches but that being said NWE will go on a law of averages i.e. 15-30G a month per house hold over x amount of home should give an average of x

With the snow I had to work from home two days this week and 3 last week.

I am getting about 5Mbs during the day, will slow right down to about 1.5 come 5 o'clock, during the night (Post Midnight) it will go back to about 10Mbs...

But I have no other option, hopefully the company get's their sh1t together!

What Package are you on ShowMeTheCash?

Agree that there a limits even when unlimited/no cap but 1GB per day is very low, definatley for an ISP that doesnt have a cap. Guy I knew at work downloaded 1TB in a month before on a different provider, same one I was on at the time, 10Mb connection. Don't ask what he was downloading as I havent a clue!! :D But he only got a warning when he hit the 1TB and was asked to ease off which he did but didnt notice drops in speed, in saying that it was a hell of alot of data!

Fair usage to me is being fair to others on the network (also whats in contract), which is fine. I have a setup on my server where I can schedule downloads. I add them to a queue during the day then they download between the hours I have set (3am-7/8am). I do this for large files purposely so that it doesn't affect other users and myself.

The odd time yeah I will have a large file to downoad during the day but its not all the time. I watch about 2 episodes of tv shows a night on Netflix, that could be about 2-3GB of data there, however you're not hitting the network in the same way as downloading a file. Downloading the file could come down in 30mins, but your streaming 2 50min shows so the bandwidth usage is lower, not flat out for the during of the shows.

What Package are you on ShowMeTheCash?

Agree that there a limits even when unlimited/no cap but 1GB per day is very low, definatley for an ISP that doesnt have a cap. Guy I knew at work downloaded 1TB in a month before on a different provider, same one I was on at the time, 10Mb connection. Don't ask what he was downloading as I havent a clue!! :D But he only got a warning when he hit the 1TB and was asked to ease off which he did but didnt notice drops in speed, in saying that it was a hell of alot of data!

Fair usage to me is being fair to others on the network (also whats in contract), which is fine. I have a setup on my server where I can schedule downloads. I add them to a queue during the day then they download between the hours I have set (3am-7/8am). I do this for large files purposely so that it doesn't affect other users and myself.

The odd time yeah I will have a large file to downoad during the day but its not all the time. I watch about 2 episodes of tv shows a night on Netflix, that could be about 2-3GB of data there, however you're not hitting the network in the same way as downloading a file. Downloading the file could come down in 30mins, but your streaming 2 50min shows so the bandwidth usage is lower, not flat out for the during of the shows.

In the last 4 years years this has changed a lot!
    It used to be people used the internet for facebook, booking flights, remotely logging onto work and online gaming.

But now media over broadband is the big thing, everyone is doing it, Netflix, Sky on demand, Sky Go then downloading PS or XBox games at 10 - 40 Gigs a go.

NWE are hugely behind the curve with everyone jumping to much high usage rates due to Media over BB.

I am on the Next Gen 50 package.

And just to add to this, the contention ratio is the main issue NWE have, it relies on people not streaming high volumes at the same time.

A few years ago it was less of an issue but almost everyone I know now has a netflix subscription!

Having 50 different users on at the sametime trying to stream netflix and sky comes at a cost, one NWE have not addressed! Or perhaps one they do not feel they are required to.

In the last 4 years years this has changed a lot!
    It used to be people used the internet for facebook, booking flights, remotely logging onto work and online gaming.

But now media over broadband is the big thing, everyone is doing it, Netflix, Sky on demand, Sky Go then downloading PS or XBox games at 10 - 40 Gigs a go.

NWE are hugely behind the curve with everyone jumping to much high usage rates due to Media over BB.

I am on the Next Gen 50 package.

Ah I thought you might have been on the 10 when you mentioned 10mb. Ran a speed test from the house there earlier and got 27.8MB down and 9 up. But sure its early :) Yeah thats the thing, as you say media is a huge part of the net these days. If it was just browsing then you wouldnt need a 50mb connection. Not many customers would sign up if you said "Fast broadband, 50mbs, watch 50-75% of an episode on Netflix per day! Download an iPad update! Download half a Linux ISO!" :P

As I've said in the past, fair play to them for bringing broadband out to the rural areas where we were all screwed! But at the end of the day they are still a business and should ensure their network is up to scratch. People would cut them some slack on upgrades or whatever works if they were notified and knew that things were to improve.

My problem with them is that I can see on another NWE connection gets little packet loss (0.03% off peak, 0.2% peak) but then mine gets 0.74% off peak and 3.77% peak. Thats averaged out, so at times I might get 1% loss, then spikes to 7-10% etc.. This affects alot of things and I've tried getting them to fix it for a year but still not sorted and never once was I given an explanation or timeframe or acknowledgment of an issue.

I've dealt with other companies in the past who come back and say "Sorry, we're having an issue with that area at the moment and are working to resolve it, should be fixed within the week". But all I got from NWE was the senior engineer is looking into it.....for nearly a year. I'm paying the same as others, why shouldn't I get the same level of service? Packet loss shouldn't happen that often on a network.

Anyways.......hopefully I'll get it resolved soon.

And just to add to this, the contention ratio is the main issue NWE have, it relies on people not streaming high volumes at the same time.

A few years ago it was less of an issue but almost everyone I know now has a netflix subscription!

Having 50 different users on at the sametime trying to stream netflix and sky comes at a cost, one NWE have not addressed! Or perhaps one they do not feel they are required to.

I was chatting to a fella before about them. He told me they have more than enough bandwidth (he wasn't a sales rep or anything). Seemed that they had a very good setup and could handle alot more. It could be a case that the network isn't configured optimally.

I was chatting to a fella before about them. He told me they have more than enough bandwidth (he wasn't a sales rep or anything). Seemed that they had a very good setup and could handle alot more. It could be a case that the network isn't configured optimally.

I think they all talk nonsense.
    The technology of the Fixed Wireless Broadband is more than capable of the high usage rates, but how are they using it?

What is the capacity of each tower?
    Are towers sharing?
    Everything gets wired back into the main grid, so their routing would need to be looked at.
    What hardware are they using? Servers, switchs and nics.
    How many connections to the main grid to they have? Who is their provider, I assume eircom in Rep and BT in NI, how much capacity have they bought from them?

End of the day they could have a network that could support 10Gig per user at all times but only have enough capacity from their provider to allow half that or a 10th etc etc...

My only hope is it gets better not worse!

• Advertisement

I think they all talk nonsense.
    The technology of the Fixed Wireless Broadband is more than capable of the high usage rates, but how are they using it?

What is the capacity of each tower?
    Are towers sharing?
    Everything gets wired back into the main grid, so their routing would need to be looked at.
    What hardware are they using? Servers, switchs and nics.
    How many connections to the main grid to they have? Who is their provider, I assume eircom in Rep and BT in NI, how much capacity have they bought from them?

End of the day they could have a network that could support 10Gig per user at all times but only have enough capacity from their provider to allow half that or a 10th etc etc...

My only hope is it gets better not worse!

Yeah. The guy I was chatting to knew his stuff though, so would believe him. Thats the thing, most of the issues I see at the minute are before you even hit the outside web. Packet loss, speeds etc all done internally and can see the drops in performance.

This is the equipment provider they're using as far as I know: http://www.ubnt.com/products/

So I don't think their masts are overloaded, its most likely they're cheaping out on routing equipment back at base station.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭fooker!

Is anyone else having problems today?
    it was off in the morning, now it doesn't fully load pages and if it does it takes ages!

Had no bother on the Barnes Gap mast myself, was downloading windows updates on fresh 8.1 and 10 installs most of the morning and then downloaded CS:GO there no bother, sat around 10Mb down the whole way through. Speeds suffering now but its peak time and I'll be swapping to the Three stick anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

Mine has run faultlessly all day, for a change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

That's a rough bit of cable management!

Mine still isn't running right, I finally got the pingtest.net to work and I am getting 20%+ on it even at this time of the morning, I tried the windows ping test and it says I'm getting 15% packet loss!

Still averaging around 2-3% loss here daily, spikes of 7-10% though.

Have you done a traceroute to see where the loss is occurring, just to rule out your routers or anything?

Tracing route to google-public-dns-a.google.com [8.8.8.8]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 5 ms <1 ms 1 ms 10.0.0.1
    2 2 ms 2 ms 1 ms 172
    3 56 ms 231 ms * 10.20.117.2
    4 63 ms 68 ms 37 ms 172.20.117.1
    5 215 ms 167 ms 346 ms 10.253.2.1
    6 * 87 ms 104 ms 10.253.1.1
    7 96 ms 38 ms 126 ms 10.100.5.254
    8 * 70 ms 37 ms 10.100.55.1
    9 285 ms 65 ms 90 ms 10.100.50.1
    10 220 ms 228 ms 61 ms 10.100.20.254
    11 * * 301 ms 10.100.20.1
    12 * 77 ms 65 ms 10.160.254.1
    13 149 ms 54 ms 74 ms 10.160.254.254
    14 99 ms 98 ms 71 ms cust225-117.nwewn.com []
    15 93 ms 98 ms 55 ms te0-0-1-1.nr11.b020473-0.dub02.atlas.cogentco.co
    m [149.11.37.73]
    16 * 65 ms 62 ms te0-1-0-1.rcr21.dub02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.25
    .0.21]
    17 253 ms 85 ms 133 ms be2530.rcr21.dub01.atlas.cogentco.com [130.117.2
    .229]
    18 211 ms 68 ms 161 ms be2526.ccr41.lon13.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.39
    .13]
    19 120 ms 99 ms 68 ms be2163.ccr22.lon01.atlas.cogentco.com [130.117.5
    0.201]
    20 * * 46 ms 149.14.8.150
    21 62 ms 85 ms 81 ms 64.233.174.219
    22 * * * Request timed out.
    23 * 260 ms 288 ms google-public-dns-a.google.com [8.8.8.8]

You would understand this more than I would! where is it all going wrong for me?

The 3rd hop seems to jump in latency and has a timeout. Do you have UOTrace installed by any chance? Using that might give a better idea as it pings each ip until you stop it. (You click trace router first then poll after, let it run for about 100packets or so.) You can export to txt file then and just remove/mask the ips you dont want shown on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

yeah I think so yuloni

sorry bout the spacing below I cant get it straight!

Host Name IP Address Hop Ping Time Ping Avg % Loss Pkts r/s Ping best/worst
    * Unknown Host * 10.0.0.1 1 5ms 2ms 0% 102 / 102 0ms / 26ms
    * Unknown Host * 172 2 3ms 2ms 0% 102 / 102 1ms / 13ms
    * Unknown Host * 10.20.117.2 3 46ms 74ms 7% 94 / 102 12ms / 298ms
    * Unknown Host * 172 4 49ms 66ms 8% 93 / 102 12ms / 279ms
    * Unknown Host * 10.253.2.1 5 48ms 78ms 5% 96 / 102 16ms / 352ms
    * Unknown Host * 10.253.1.1 6 70ms 94ms 7% 94 / 102 18ms / 529ms
    * Unknown Host * 10.100.5.254 7 275ms 100% 0 / 102
    * Unknown Host * 10.100.55.1 8 71ms 100% 0 / 101
    * Unknown Host * 10.100.50.1 9 357ms 100% 0 / 101
    * Unknown Host * 10.100.20.254 10 39ms 100% 0 / 101
    * Unknown Host * 10.100.20.1 11 29ms 100% 0 / 101
    * Unknown Host * 10.160.254.1 12 102ms 88ms 16% 84 / 101 21ms / 331ms
    * Unknown Host * 10.160.254.254 13 153ms 83ms 12% 88 / 101 21ms / 417ms
    cust225-117.nwewn.com 78 14 35ms 84ms 5% 95 / 101 19ms / 412ms
    te0-0-1-1.nr11.b020473-0.dub02.at149.11.37.73 15 43ms 77ms 2% 98 / 101 21ms / 410ms
    te0-1-0-1.rcr21.dub02.atlas.cogen154.25.0.21 16 62ms 91ms 3% 97 / 101 27ms / 433ms
    be2530.rcr21.dub01.atlas.cogentco130.117.2.229 17 125ms 78ms 3% 97 / 101 30ms / 439ms
    be2526.ccr41.lon13.atlas.cogentco154.54.39.13 18 60ms 92ms 3% 97 / 101 33ms / 399ms
    be2163.ccr22.lon01.atlas.cogentco130.117.50.201 19 93ms 93ms 6% 94 / 101 37ms / 432ms
    * Unknown Host * 149.14.8.150 20 98ms 92ms 5% 95 / 101 34ms / 509ms

Yeah the loss looks to start there again on hop 3. If you had 0% loss at the destination hop (google) then the loss in between wouldn't really matter. But the loss at hop 3 could be causing the loss on other hops. Is hop 3 outside your network or inside? Just that I see you have 10.* (your router) followed by 172.* then another 10.* followed by 172.*

Yeah the loss looks to start there again on hop 3. If you had 0% loss at the destination hop (google) then the loss in between wouldn't really matter. But the loss at hop 3 could be causing the loss on other hops. Is hop 3 outside your network or inside? Just that I see you have 10.* (your router) followed by 172.* then another 10.* followed by 172.*

I connected the NWE Ethernet cable directly to my laptop and it just does away with the first 10.*, so it must be outside?

fooker! wrote: »
    I connected the NWE Ethernet cable directly to my laptop and it just does away with the first 10.*, so it must be outside?

Ok so first hop would have been your router, second your antenna and third the mast. You shouldn't really get any loss to the mast. Is there anything physically obstructing the path from antenna to mast? Any trees or anything? If there is a clear path it could be an issue with the mast. Are you far from it?

No there doesn't seem to be anything obvious in the way! but I did another test with that program you mentioned just now ,which is really handy thank you!

I was actually getting some packet loss from the first 172.* without my router connected which maybe does point to a problem on my end after all?

fooker! wrote: »
    No there doesn't seem to be anything obvious in the way! but I did another test with that program you mentioned just now ,which is really handy thank you!

I was actually getting some packet loss from the first 172.* without my router connected which maybe does point to a problem on my end after all?

Yeah if you are seeing packet loss on the first hop then thats an issue in house. Unfortuatley only NWE can access the antennas. Have you tried switching it off for a minute then back on? Sounds like the usual joke answer but it can work! :D

yeah lol tried all that hoping the best!
    ill give the wiring etc a look ever to see if any broken wires or summin!
    I emailed them earlier and they say they will look into it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LM3003

Was a bit weird of signing up after reviews but I have got the next gen 50 installed at my house. Whilst I'm out at work all day I only use it in the evenings between 6pm-11pm and on weekends my average speed is approx 20 down and 6/7 up could beat it for £24.99 a month and no phone line hassles

LM3003 wrote: »
    Was a bit weird of signing up after reviews but I have got the next gen 50 installed at my house. Whilst I'm out at work all day I only use it in the evenings between 6pm-11pm and on weekends my average speed is approx 20 down and 6/7 up could beat it for £24.99 a month and no phone line hassles

When they go into a new area it is all fun and games, mine was the same, in fairness mine was great for the first 18 months then as more and more people get added it got slower and slower. In the evenings I get between 1.5 and maybe 3Mbs down.

The problem is when this happens it never seems to get fixed, I would go as far to say they would need to people to leave to free up bandwidth.

I got my internet fixed, seems it was the Ethernet cable supplied with the bluebox it was bad enough to cause problems but not bad enough to make it stop completely, used a spare and it seems perfect now!

• Advertisement
Advertisement