Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

connect a pc to pc using two mobile phones (No internet)

Options
  • 23-12-2011 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭

I am trying to connect a pc with a mobile phone modem connected to a remote pc (which also has a mobile phone modem connected) . I want to be able to dial into the remote pc without using the internet on either pc . Straight point to point access. Both pcs have windows xp.

1) I have both mobile phone modems dialling from both Pcs

2) I goto network connections on remote pc, new connection wizzard, setup advanced connection, accept incoming connections, do not allow vpn, select Administrator group, select default networking services tcp, etc.,Finish

3) Goto network connections on client pc,new connection wizzard,Connect to network at my workplace,select diallup,select nokia modem,name,type phone number 08x xxxxxxx,Finish

4) Double click dialup icon on client which shows dialog with phone number etc. Click Dial button. Get Error 678 "Computer did not repsond" . Tried adding semicolon to the end of phone number i.e. 08x xxxxxxx; This does dial the remote mobile number and the remote mobile rings but the client has no awareness that the remote mobile has answered. Also, seems to be voice call with microphone on both mobile phones active.

Any help, greatly appreciated!

Advertisement