Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Eve Buses Waterford-Limerick?

Options
  • 23-12-2011 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

So I work in Waterford city till 7pm and need to get home to Limerick. Bus Eireann aint running that late, anyone else know of any other services that run??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Does that other one still run .... what was the name... the one that goes out by UL..? ah damn it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Taxis

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭dave98

Does that other one still run .... what was the name... the one that goes out by UL..? ah damn it
    Really? Is there one , that wld be perfect. Bus eireann and CIE have a pathetic service on xmas eve!

dave98 wrote: »
    Really? Is there one , that wld be perfect. Bus eireann and CIE have a pathetic service on xmas eve!

I can't remember the name of it! grrrr. but i just checked and there should be a BÉ bus running at 8.50, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭dave98

I can't remember the name of it! grrrr. but i just checked and there should be a BÉ bus running at 8.50, no?
    No if you look at the cancellations that one is cancelled :( There has to be some other company

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

dave98 wrote: »
    JJ Kavanagh's wont even get you to limerick leaving that late. leave work early or take the day off!

nah its not Kavanaghs I was thinking of. **** it if only i could remember the name. ask in the limerick or waterford forum though.

nah its not Kavanaghs I was thinking of. **** it if only i could remember the name. ask in the limerick or waterford forum though.
    suirway?

nope

• Registered Users Posts: 17,688 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

I don't know of any alternatives.

Bus Eireann have a service at 17:50 and that is to the best of my knowledge your last direct service, and the last indirect service at 18:00 changing at Cork.

Last train is 16:40.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Ardcavan?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,688 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Ardcavan don't serve Waterford and it is a college term bus only.

Bus Eireann and Irish Rail are the only operators operating on Christmas Eve I'm afraid.

lxflyer wrote: »
    Ardcavan don't serve Waterford and it is a college term bus only.

Bus Eireann and Irish Rail are the only operators operating on Christmas Eve I'm afraid.
    OP get stomach cramps at lunchtime and they should steadily get worse till you cant continue at around 4pm:D

Another suggestion is to mention to your employer that you need to get out early to catch a bus home for the holidays? they may just allow you leave a couple of hours early?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

lxflyer wrote: »
    Last train is 16:40.
    IE customer dodger special.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

n97 mini wrote: »
    IE customer dodger special.

Or alternatively the last normal Friday service on this line.

But don't let the facts spoil your posts as a change this late in the year would be surprising.

Advertisement