Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turn ...oh

Options
  • 23-12-2011 1:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭

Hi

Our 6 month old has learned to flip from his front to his back. He loves basically being at the start of a push up.

This is all fine, except when he goes to bed. He flips and does not know how to sleep in his front so he says there and wails.

Anyone experienced this. Oh and we cant pin him with covering because his room is like 25 Degrees when he goes to bed.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

25 degrees is too warm for a baby, 19-20 is about right. Turn the temp down and then put him in a grobag, he probably won't be able to flip himself then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

25 degrees is too warm for a baby, 19-20 is about right. Turn the temp down and then put him in a grobag, he probably won't be able to flip himself then.

Have a look at the OP's location... I don't think it's heating that causing that heat!

I've no suggestions for you Zambia, but he will learn to roll himself back over soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

grobags are the way to go, our 4 month old has been turning on his side for a couple of months now and these stop him from going all the way over as it makes his legs too heavy for him to lift and roll all the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

It was a cool 30 today lads getting it to 25 is an achievement...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Lots of tummy time during the day so that he learns to roll back soon!

I had a similar problem when my lil lady learnt to roll in that she would roll on her tummy and sleep like that. I was paranoid she was going to bury her face in the mattress and smother herself. Turns out she's like her mammy and just likes to sleep on her belleh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

Doh! Apologies OP (I'm on my phone and couldn't see your location and the username didn't register at that hour in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Do you think a grobag would help?
    I know the 2.5 tog ones are for when it's a bit cooler, but would a 1 tog one be ok in 25 degrees? Or I think there's even 0.5 tog ones

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Yeah or even the little jersey ones like this:
    74750_Muslin_Busy_Bees.aspx?height=600
    From here:
    http://www.summerinfant.com/Products/Nursery/Swaddle-Me---Speciality-Blankets/SwaddleMe-Sack.aspx

I have one and its bearly tee-shirt material but easier to manager than a sheet. I dont know what it would be like in 25c though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I wouldn't suggest a grow bag. Even a light one is too much in that heat. Ive been to visit friends in mozambique. A sheet is sometimes too much.
    We just hado our son in a vest in portugal this summer with similar temperature.

The baby will learn to turn. Ours did :)

Advertisement