Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NYE Japan no Dynamite but...

• 23-12-2011 3:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭

So Dream have an event on NYE and it's not dynamite in more ways than one.

UFC seem to have it all sown up now in 2011 with their buying Strikeforce all bar 2 of the worlds best, who happen to be on the NYE card (Fedor and Aoki).

Aoki gets a man with a chequered past, and fedor gets a can ... again. Whats surprising is the lack of K1 names on the card given they are gone this year at least and fighters being largely inactive or fighting for bush leaguers , and would be big draws normally.

Card for Fight For Japan: Genki Desu Ka Omisoka 2011 is

Heavyweight Bout: Fedor Emelianenko vs. Satoshi Ishii[1]
    DREAM Lightweight Championship Bout: Shinya Aoki (c) vs. Satoru Kitaoka[1]
    DREAM Featherweight Championship Bout: Hiroyuki Takaya (c) vs. Takeshi Inoue[1]
    Featherweight Bout: Tatsuya Kawajiri vs. Kazuyuki Miyata[1]
    Welterweight Bout: Hayato Sakurai vs. Ryo Chonan[1]
    DREAM/K-1 Special Rules Bout: Yuichiro Nagashima vs. Katsunori Kikuno[1]
    IGF Rules Bout: Kazuyuki Fujita vs. Peter Aerts[1]

Tim Sylvia Vs Bret Rogers is off due to visa problems.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Looks good to me, I'm looking forward to everyone of those fights, esp kikuno-nagashima.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Well it's Japanese MMA, what did you expect?

Anyway, also on the card are Josh Barnett and Saku in Pro Wrestling macthes!

Sounds awesome :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭p to the e

Ah no. I only sent my mate this card lineup last week and was curious to see how Tim "The Maine-iac" got on. He's now fighting in a Dream Pro Wrestling matchup with Jerome Le Banner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

p to the e wrote: »
    Ah no. I only sent my mate this card lineup last week and was curious to see how Tim "The Maine-iac" got on. He's now fighting in a Dream Pro Wrestling matchup with Jerome Le Banner.

So im not going crazy and I did read that O_o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭p to the e

So im not going crazy and I did read that O_o

It's not his first apparently

Source:
    http://www.heavy.com/mma/mma-news/2011/12/tim-sylvia-meets-jerome-lebanner-in-pro-wrestling-bout-on-year-end-dream-card/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

p to the e wrote: »

After all the trash talking between the two of them a few years ago its really disappointing that the match is taking place as a prowrestling bout.

Advertisement