Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

fox007 wrote: »
    Thats great if yiur stoke everton,sunderland or who ever we are manchester utd we need someone GREAT not good GREAT between th sticks as Roy keane said today.
    Imagine what the ex great keepers are saying about DDG,He is great for the reserves ,not to command the back line of the first team which he has never done that VDS was a master at it pushing his defenders into where he wants them not telling them when there wrong just saying ah grand you stay were ya like. then the ball will come my direction hit me on the head go in then I will react.We can say its nervous or what ever but how many trophies are we going to loose because of this fella?
    Your comment on De Gea being 'great for the reserves' is as laughable as your grammar tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

I don't get that attitude at all, a trophy is something to be proud of winning regardless of what priority it may perceive to hold.If we were still in the CL would it be a strain on depleted resources ? Not a hope imo.
    It's never nice to lose against Liverpool even if it was the charity shield, the feeling would still be the same.
    We didn't create enough to win the game, we didn't defend properly enough not to lose the game hence we are out of another competition, they did and progressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

fox007 wrote: »

Thats great if yiur stoke everton,sunderland or who ever we are manchester utd we need someone GREAT not good GREAT between th sticks as Roy keane said today.
    Imagine what the ex great keepers are saying about DDG,He is great for the reserves ,not to command the back line of the first team which he has never done that VDS was a master at it pushing his defenders into where he wants them not telling them when there wrong just saying ah grand you stay were ya like. then the ball will come my direction hit me on the head go in then I will react.We can say its nervous or what ever but how many trophies are we going to loose because of this fella?

There are so many players who never would of been as great for the club as they turned out to be , had Sir Alex not given them time to adapt and mature. . Peter the great was one of them , he wasnt awesome from day one, but he played in a United team with fans that had much lower and more reasonable expectations.

United dont have a god given right to be at the top of the league or in the Champions league. We have been so lucky that Sir Alex has done what few managers have been able to do over the years, consistantly rebuild entire squads with short baron periods without success. As united fans we have been spoilt rotten ( 4 leagues and 3 CL finals in last 5 years).

For me, DDG definitley has the ability to succeed, but I dont know if he will be able to get the time (or indeed the support of his own fans). Yes, its a vitally important position for the team and it is exposed more then any other area of the park, but I think if we all just got behind him (and at stadium) it would help more then agreeing with the ragpapers and pundits all to quick to write players off so quickly (evra/vidic anyone ?).

I am as frustrated as anybody with his form and with how he has struggled to bed into the team, but I am willing to give him at least the rest of the season and next season to prove himself. Goalkeepers dont mature until their early 30s, that makes him a teenager in development terms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

^ ^ ^

Drumpot will you edit that quote please, that is not my quote and it's being attributed to me in your post.

fox007 made the comments you quoted.

Btw this was happening in another forum about 2 weeks ago, quotes were getting totally mixed up and being attributed to posters who never made them.

Thanks for that Drumpot.:D

• Advertisement

^ ^ ^

Drumpot will you edit that quote please, that is not my quote and it's being attributed to me in your post.

fox007 made the comments you quoted.

Btw this was happening in another forum about 2 weeks ago, quotes were getting totally mixed up and being attributed to posters who never made them.

Sorted . . Dont want you thinking I was literally putting words in your mouth ! !

Drumpot wrote: »
    I am as frustrated as anybody with his form and with how he has struggled to bed into the team, but I am willing to give him at least the rest of the season and next season to prove himself. Goalkeepers dont mature until their early 30s, that makes him a teenager in development terms.

To put it in context though, some have barely given young De Gea a chance and appear to have written him off. They even want rid of the lad completely. Yet we have the clown Anderson in his 5th season at United and many appear to have unlimited patience with the failure. A midfield paperweight, who is never of the Physio's Bench. In fact he was barely back for two games and he's out again with a knock, I mean ffs it's become an absolute joke. People just need some perspective before making a final judgement on De Gea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Highlights of todays game on ITV shortly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

There are so many players who never would of been as great for the club as they turned out to be , had Sir Alex not given them time to adapt and mature. . Peter the great was one of them , he wasnt awesome from day one, but he played in a United team with fans that had much lower and more reasonable expectations.

United dont have a god given right to be at the top of the league or in the Champions league. We have been so lucky that Sir Alex has done what few managers have been able to do over the years, consistantly rebuild entire squads with short baron periods without success. As united fans we have been spoilt rotten ( 4 leagues and 3 CL finals in last 5 years).

For me, DDG definitley has the ability to succeed, but I dont know if he will be able to get the time (or indeed the support of his own fans). Yes, its a vitally important position for the team and it is exposed more then any other area of the park, but I think if we all just got behind him (and at stadium) it would help more then agreeing with the ragpapers and pundits all to quick to write players off so quickly (evra/vidic anyone ?).

True De Gea probably will develop into a top class keeper, my question is why should we have bothered with a young keeper who needs time to develop, going by that logic VDS was over the hill and we should never have bought him when we did, There are Top class keepers all over europe and its a position where even a 34 or 35 year old is still young,and its the one position where mistakes are punished severely, what if De Gea does develop into a class keeper in a few years but in a few years yearns to go back to spain? we would have spent a few years developing the guy for nothing, we should have went for the current ajax and holland keeper Maarten Stekelenburg, hes 29 very experienced and an excellent keeper and at 6ft 6 is a big presence

To put it in context though, some have barely given young De Gea a chance and appear to have written him off. They even want rid of the lad completely. Yet we have the clown Anderson in his 5th season at United and many appear to have unlimited patience with the failure. A midfield paperweight, who is never of the Physio's Bench. In fact he was barely back for two games and he's out again with a knock, I mean ffs it's become an absolute joke. People just need some perspective before making a final judgement on De Gea.

Couple that with an inconsistant defencive lineup . . What goalkeeper can play their best with a differant defence each week.

People always say that a defence needs to trust its goalkeeper, well that works the otherway aswell. Evra has been the only consistant defender for the entire season. VDS even had shaky moments with Vidic/Rio consistantly on front of him.

DDG is only trying to bed into a new league and a new team with ridiculous expectations on his shoulders.

Nobody minds people pointing out his mistakes, but to right him off is ridiculous. . Evra and vidic would never of had a chance had they been written off in the same manner as it was a season before they were considered good enough for United . .

• Advertisement

I actually think united have too much of a hang up about signing and developing young players because A.They dont want to pay big transfer fees and wages and B they want to ensure they they have some value if they sell them on, however Cristiano Ronaldo was one of those young players and where is he now?,he fecked off to real madrid ,we developed him for 6 years and only got one season out of him at the levels he is playing at now

True De Gea probably will develop into a top class keeper, my question is why should we have bothered with a young keeper who needs time to develop, going by that logic VDS was over the hill and we should never have bought him when we did, There are Top class keepers all over europe and its a position where even a 34 or 35 year old is still young,and its the one position where mistakes are punished severely, what if De Gea does develop into a class keeper in a few years but in a few years yearns to go back to spain? we would have spent a few years developing the guy for nothing, we should have went for the current ajax and holland keeper Maarten Stekelenburg, hes 29 very experienced and an excellent keeper and at 6ft 6 is a big presence

Every player is a risk and there is no guarantee that they will bed in quickly or fail to perform at the levels they showed with their previous club.

Sir Alex obviously felt that DDG was already at a really high level at such a young age and that he was worth the risk. I dont think it can be called a failure yet. Berbatov took a few seasons to get into his stride and even after being top scorer last season, can still not command a place.

I remember we got Barthez and he was IMO decent for us, but not top class. he was considered one of the best keepers in the world when we bought him (like veron for differant reasons).

Seriously though, do you not think that the fairest thing to do with DDG is at least give him a season and most importantly judge him when he has gotten a few games with the same defence in a row (one he can create a bond with like every other United keeper had the opportunity to do).

That aside, Ferguson has always shown a willingness to blood new young players and give them time to find their feet, even in the face of criticism (even criticism from his own fans) and more often then not he has been proven right. Doesnt mean people cant question Fergie, but people shouldnt be dismissed for trusting that Sir Alex will get things right more often then not. I think he knew what he was doing when he didnt buy a CM at the start of the season and when he bought DDG.

Couple that with an inconsistant defencive lineup . . What goalkeeper can play their best with a differant defence each week.

People always say that a defence needs to trust its goalkeeper, well that works the otherway aswell. Evra has been the only consistant defender for the entire season. VDS even had shaky moments with Vidic/Rio consistantly on front of him.

DDG is only trying to bed into a new league and a new team with ridiculous expectations on his shoulders.

Nobody minds people pointing out his mistakes, but to right him off is ridiculous. . Evra and vidic would never of had a chance had they been written off in the same manner as it was a season before they were considered good enough for United . .

Thats fair enough but why wait for that, theres plenty of good goal keepers

I actually think united have too much of a hang up about signing and developing young players because A.They dont want to pay big transfer fees and wages and B they want to ensure they they have some value if they sell them on, however Cristiano Ronaldo was one of those young players and where is he now?,he fecked off to real madrid ,we developed him for 6 years and only got one season out of him at the levels he is playing at now

Unfortunatley one of the reasons we cant buy many ready made footballers is because of the likes of Madrid, City or chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Ye got £75m for him :confused:

Thats fair enough but why wait for that, theres plenty of good goal keepers

Yeh, maybe . . We could have a friedal etc in the interim, might help David settle in, I suppose thats the role of Lindegaard now ! !

Every player is a risk and there is no guarantee that they will bed in quickly or fail to perform at the levels they showed with their previous club.

Sir Alex obviously felt that DDG was already at a really high level at such a young age and that he was worth the risk. I dont think it can be called a failure yet. Berbatov took a few seasons to get into his stride and even after being top scorer last season, can still not command a place.

I remember we got Barthez and he was IMO decent for us, but not top class. he was considered one of the best keepers in the world when we bought him (like veron for differant reasons).

Seriously though, do you not think that the fairest thing to do with DDG is at least give him a season and most importantly judge him when he has gotten a few games with the same defence in a row (one he can create a bond with like every other United keeper had the opportunity to do).

That aside, Ferguson has always shown a willingness to blood new young players and give them time to find their feet, even in the face of criticism (even criticism from his own fans) and more often then not he has been proven right. Doesnt mean people cant question Fergie, but people shouldnt be dismissed for trusting that Sir Alex will get things right more often then not. I think he knew what he was doing when he didnt buy a CM at the start of the season and when he bought DDG.

The position of goal keeper is not a position that one waits for a player to develop, its not like any other position like midfield or striker where you can bring him on for 5 minutes at the end of a game, also as Ive already mentioned there are plenty of top class very experienced goal keepers around, its not like central midfield , having to wait for him to develop which he surely will isnt necessary, why not sign the current dutch keeper who is top class, is the finished article and at 29 should give 6 ot 7 years good great service, I mean why didnt we go for a young keeper at the time we signed VDS? I never rated barthez , I knew it was a mistake to sign him

Unfortunatley one of the reasons we cant buy many ready made footballers is because of the likes of Madrid, City or chelsea.

We never if ever buy ready made, Veron is the only world class player Fergie has signed, it's nothing to do with finances,those clubs have bloated transfer fees and wages but we were successful before City or Chelsea came on the scene, we can't compete with those clubs financially, but in reality, we have never been in that market even before our glazier debt.
    It's not how we succeed.

djPSB wrote: »
    Ye got £75m for him :confused:

we got 80m and it was a bargain for real madrid, he has now scored more goals for real then he did for united, he has scored 90 goals in 86 games, thats unbelieveable, also as united are touted as the biggest clusb in the world, they shouldnt have to sell their best players, they should pay the biggest wages and the biggest transfer fees, but in reality its a myth, united arent as big as Real or Barcelona

d22ontour wrote: »
    We never if ever buy ready made, Veron is the only world class player Fergie has signed, it's nothing to do with finances,those clubs have bloated transfer fees and wages but we were successful before City or Chelsea came on the scene, we can't compete with those clubs financially, but in reality, we have never been in that market even before our glazier debt.
    It's not how we succeed.

Yes but even if a player like a young Ruud Vannistelrooy became available in todays market we wouldnt have a prayer of signing him

• Advertisement

I suppose as united fans we have to accept United will always be behind real and barca to top class signings because

1.Most of these players come froma latin based culture
    2.Nicer weather
    3.Nicer cities
    4.Nicer women
    5.More money
    6.More technical football
    7.Less chance of getting injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

I dunno why but I always expect to see Ronaldo back in the red of Manchester.
    Maybe it will happen when Jose takes over :p

Today was horrible in the point that the minute scholes came off we fell apart.
    I love Cleverly, but we have got to do something.

SAF said we didnt get a midfielder last window because of Pogba, if so throw him in to play the Europa Cup let him sink or swim.

When will Anderson be back?

Also love Rafael, plays like an English player with the samba style.
    Hope him and Fabio push on and take the 1st team spots available.
    Lets face it Evra needs a huge kick up the back side. Forget about today but this has been going on a long time now.

I suppose as united fans we have to accept United will always be behind real and barca to top class signings because

2.Nicer weather
    3.Nicer cities
    4.Nicer women
    5.More money

Of the players that come to England most will choose Chelsea for London and city for wages over us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Rochey18 wrote: »

SAF said we didnt get a midfielder last window because of Pogba, if so throw him in to play the Europa Cup let him sink or swim.

Lets face it Evra needs a huge kick up the back side. Forget about today but this has been going on a long time now.

Speaking of which. Word on twitter that Jose has said he is leaving Madrid at the end of the season to come back to England.

Rochey18 wrote: »

Ronaldo won't play for united again unless we get bought by a rich invester, we just couldnt afford his current wages

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Speaking of which. Word on twitter that Jose has said he is leaving Madrid at the end of the season to come back to England.

Do you think if Jose took over at united ther would be a massive clear out

Do you think if Jose took over at united ther would be a massive clear out

Going on what he has done before I'd imagine there would be. He likes to build his own teams and I would say he would also do it to kind of put the point across that he is the boss now not fergie anymore.

I don't know how happy I would be if he did take over. He is obviously a superb manager how makes teams very hard to beat and they win things. On the other side of it the man has no class and I dont know if he would fit in at united.

we got 80m and it was a bargain for real madrid, he has now scored more goals for real then he did for united, he has scored 90 goals in 86 games, thats unbelieveable, also as united are touted as the biggest clusb in the world, they shouldnt have to sell their best players, they should pay the biggest wages and the biggest transfer fees, but in reality its a myth, united arent as big as Real or Barcelona

Real and Barca owe hundreds of millions that they spent on players and wages, United has debt down to the owners . . Were it not for the Glazers United would be laughing . . I dont believe financial clout necessarily decides the stature of a club (otherwise city are automatically bigger then United) . .

The spanish giants are poorly run , kind of like the Irish banks they know that no matter how much they spend/waste , the government will never let them go under . . Its so irresponsible, but they get away with it . .

United is a huge club, with the greatest manager of the modern age. As stated, we have never really been a buy galactico sort of club, I dont see why you are surprised that fergie is continuing on in his usual transfer policy!

I think whatever keeper we bought was going to have a rough start and particularly high expectations on their shoulders. I will concede that buying a friedal (or somebody good happy to be no2) in hindsight would of been a good idea as it would of allowed them to take the pressure of DDG and to help build his confidence up. .

It wasn't a bargain, it was a risk which may pay off this season with a trophy.Your myth is total bollox tbh, if United ever bid 50m-80m for a player and offered every star 250k+ a week i would be fookin disgusted.
    That is not what our club is about and nor was it ever.
    We have two former youth team players on the verge of making huge claims for starting places never mind squad places in Welbeck and Cleverley, you would rather we spunked 100m on Torres and Sneijder i suppose ?
    I am not saying either will get to that level but i would rather our club stuck to it's footballing principles and tried to progress youth into the team as hard as it is getting.
    We are no quick fix oil club, we are MUFC, if you think like that maybe you should go and support one of those quick fix teams.
    Barca have used youth for years and succeeded eventually, we have done so too, Real have a few homegrown but obviously they have no problem spending money they don't have.

• Advertisement

Going on what he has done before I'd imagine there would be. He likes to build his own teams and I would say he would also do it to kind of put the point across that he is the boss now not fergie anymore.

I don't know how happy I would be if he did take over. He is obviously a superb manager how makes teams very hard to beat and they win things. On the other side of it the man has no class and I dont know if he would fit in at united.

To be honest most fans of other clubs would say the same about fergie,we need a tough bastard to take over from fergie and thers no doubt jose wouldnt let the job faze him. What we dont want is a de gea type situation with the new boss

To be honest most fans of other clubs would say the same about fergie,we need a tough bastard to take over from fergie and thers no doubt jose wouldnt let the job faze him. What we dont want is a de gea type situation with the new boss

I understand that and I get what your saying about others having that opinion about fergie but the whole finger in the eye thing pushed it over the edge for me.

Can you ever imagine fergie doing that?

Also did anyone see the tweet earlier that anytime fergie was mentioned in the program today he wasn't called sir, just Alex ferguson but Matt and bobby were given their full title?

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

If Mourinho leaves this summer as suggested and is desperate to land a job in England, again as suggested, do you think Fergie might be tempted to step down if he has won the title? Personally, the prospect of Mourinho going to City frightens the life out of me. Is he too perfect a successor to Fergie to let go to another club? In no way would I want Fergie to leave but it will be interesting to see if he and the board would maybe see the prospect of Mourinho going to a big rival as too much of a risk and maybe decide they must get him now. I think he's the perfect fit (7 points ahead of the "greatest club side ever") for Fergie's successor but tbh I'd rather see Fergie at the helm next season even if it meant missing out on Jose.

I'd say fergie and Jose have spoken about this. I'd love to know exactly who fergie would like to take over. I have a feeling pep will end up at old trafford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

eugeneious wrote: »
    If Mourinho leaves this summer as suggested and is desperate to land a job in England, again as suggested, do you think Fergie might be tempted to step down if he has won the title? Personally, the prospect of Mourinho going to City frightens the life out of me. Is he too perfect a successor to Fergie to let go to another club? In no way would I want Fergie to leave but it will be interesting to see if he and the board would maybe see the prospect of Mourinho going to a big rival as too much of a risk and maybe decide they must get him now. I think he's the perfect fit (7 points ahead of the "greatest club side ever") for Fergie's successor but tbh I'd rather see Fergie at the helm next season even if it meant missing out on Jose.

Mancini will be at City next season regardless of whether he wins the league this season or not. I am sure of that. He's made too much progress this year to dump and start again with a new manager.

I don't want Mourinho influencing when Fergie steps down - and I'm sure he won't. Fergie will step down when he wants to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Whilst it wouldn't have been ideal, and this is in hindsight, I think that Friedel would have been a pretty good short term stop-gap if we had got him during the summer. I don't really see him as a player of United's quality, but available on a free with about a year or two left playing would have given De Gea enough time to bed in. That or if we can find a way to bring back VDS

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

I'd say fergie and Jose have spoken about this. I'd love to know exactly who fergie would like to take over. I have a feeling pep will end up at old trafford.
    Pep is managing the greatest club side in history.Why exactly would he prefer to leave his home country, and his beloved club to take over a United team in transition?United mean nothing to Pep. Pep is Barca to the bone.He wont leave unless hes kicked.And thats not gonna happen!!Do you assume that united are bigger than Barca??Get real man.

United having a testimonial for Harry Gregg in may. Nice to hear!

PARKHEAD67 wrote: »
    Pep is managing the greatest club side in history.Why exactly would he prefer to leave his home country, and his beloved club to take over a United team in transition?United mean nothing to Pep. Pep is Barca to the bone.He wont leave unless hes kicked.And thats not gonna happen!!Do you assume that united are bigger than Barca??Get real man.

Where did I say united were bigger than barca? Pep has said before that he would be interested in a different challenge! He has also spoke of his admiration for sir Alex and united. I said I think he will end up at united. I didn't say when.

You think pep is gonna stay at barca for 25 years like fergie? That will never happen again. Maybe you good sir, should get real.

There have been mutterings of Pep leaving Barca for quite some time now. Apparently he doesn't get on great with the Barca hierarchy and Pep himself constantly questions his motivation to stay at Barca. He has talked about taking a rest from football a few times now.

Who knows how long he will stay at Barca? It'd be silly to assume that he'll be there in three years time because I doubt he even knows the answer to that.

Where did I say united were bigger than barca? Pep has said before that he would be interested in a different challenge! He has also spoke of his admiration for sir Alex and united. I said I think he will end up at united. I didn't say when.

You think pep is gonna stay at barca for 25 years like fergie? That will never happen again. Maybe you good sir, should get real.
    All Im saying is "IF" Pep leaves Barca, there will be many clubs after him.Man Utd are a big club, but so are INter,A.C Milan, Juve, etc.Its not a given that he'll take over from Fergie.There are lots of clubs in Europe who are bigger than Man U.Dont be getting too big headed.;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Do you assume that united are bigger than Barca??Get real man.
    Have you ever added anything to the discussion here with your posts in this thread?

Might I remind you that Pep would have been sacked/quit last year had they not snuck past Arsenal in ECL

All Im saying is "IF" Pep leaves Barca, there will be many clubs after him.Man Utd are a big club, but so are INter,A.C Milan, Juve, etc.Its not a given that he'll take over from Fergie.There are lots of clubs in Europe who are bigger than Man U.Dont be getting too big headed.;)

Real Madrid, Man Utd and Barcelona are the three biggest clubs in the world.

Sure there are other big clubs that I'm sure Pep would also consider but how exactly is it being big headed to suggest he may come to United one day?

Not getting big headed at all my friend its just my opinion that pep would like to follow fergie from bits and pieces have have read and seen over the last few years. Plus United always try and use youth, much like mr guardiola likes to do with barca. All we need is to find a messi, Xavi and iniesta to be here in the youth team for when he arrives lol

Have you ever added anything to the discussion here with your posts in this thread?

Might I remind you that Pep would have been sacked/quit last year had they not snuck past Arsenal in ECL
    Yee nearly fcuked Fergie out but for an FA cup victory.Whats your point?All Im saying is that Man U are not the be all and end all.Every Irish Man U fan I meet is a gloryhunter who knows absolutely NOTHING about the clubs history(Im not including you in this by the way).My godfather is a massive man u fan, but he genuinely supported em through the shoite times.The modern day Man U "fan" is usually a faker. Not always, but usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

Yee nearly fcuked Fergie out but for an FA cup victory.Whats your point?All Im saying is that Man U are not the be all and end all.Every Irish Man U fan I meet is a gloryhunter who knows absolutely NOTHING about the clubs history(Im not including you in this by the way).My godfather is a massive man u fan, but he genuinely supported em through the shoite times.The modern day Man U "fan" is usually a faker. Not always, but usually.

As opposed to you who simply knows nothing at all...

2961175776_b341ca0fc5-1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Definitely time to go to bed. I hope that some of the shyte posted in here will all just be a part of a bad dream...

Even a double facepalm wouldn't really be suitable here! Anyone got anything?

Try telling a Spaniard he's from a Latin based culture and see what happens. Because they are not.
    2.Nicer weather

A bonus for sure.
    3.Nicer cities

While I personally agree, such a statement is debatable really. Because it is down to an individual's perception of Architectural beauty, social amenities ect.
    4.Nicer women

How? Beauty is subjective, therefore an individual will decide for themselves.
    5.More money

Perhaps, but only because United don't go for prostitution transfers or excessive, unabated, reckless spending.

A myth, they have more time on the ball because it has a slower tempo. Resulting in more emphasis put on prancing around alright. The FA handicap clubs like United with restricted coaching hours for Youth development ect. So you have a young United lad getting 5 hours coaching per week and total of 2000 hours coaching between the ages of 9 - 16

Continental teams don't have these restrictions imposed on them. A young lad with Barca gets 15 - 20 hours coaching per week and will get a total of 10000 hours coaching between the ages of 9 - 16. The results is self explanatory really.

Fascinating and what empirical medical evidence do you have to support this statement?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

There are lots of clubs in Europe who are bigger than Man U.Dont be getting too big headed.;)

Ehh,, this part is silly. Quit before you make a bigger fool of yourself.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement