Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

PARKHEAD67 wrote: »
    Yee nearly fcuked Fergie out but for an FA cup victory.Whats your point?
    Correct. Although I don't understand how this furthers your points. you said it yourself he is managing the best club side in the world. With that comes pressure - you are expected to challenge for your domestic league (which they may not win this year) and ECL which they were very fortunate to get past Arsenal in
    Every Irish Man U fan I meet is a gloryhunter who knows absolutely NOTHING about the clubs history(Im not including you in this by the way).
    :D
    My godfather is a massive man u fan, but he genuinely supported em through the shoite times.
    Well wear to him. Just don't judge the rest of us by your standards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Ehh,, this part is silly. Quit before you make a bigger fool of yourself.

Who was that directed at as my quite and parkheads was in it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Can anyone tell me why Carrick didn't jump with Agger for the first goal today? I must have seen it 15 times at this stage and he looks like he sets himself and then just doesn't jump! Did he get a call? It didn't look like he got knocked off balance or anything. He seemed to have a free jump and just not take it. With a bit of pressure, Agger might not have stuck it. Carrick might have even got something on it!

Yes De Gea was poor for it as he shouldn't have gotten caught up with Carroll but the defence bear a lot of responsibility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

eugeneious wrote: »
    As opposed to you who simply knows nothing at all...
    Nothing at all about uniteds history? No I dont.And I dont want to.All the sheep suport "Manchester United". I feel sorry for the genuine united fans coz a lot of the hangers on are embarrassing

Nothing at all about uniteds history? No I dont.And I dont want to.All the sheep suport "Manchester United". I feel sorry for the genuine united fans coz a lot of the hangers on are embarrassing

And how exactly do u differentiate the genuine fans from the hangers on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Yee nearly fcuked Fergie out but for an FA cup victory.Whats your point?All Im saying is that Man U are not the be all and end all.Every Irish Man U fan I meet is a gloryhunter who knows absolutely NOTHING about the clubs history(Im not including you in this by the way).My godfather is a massive man u fan, but he genuinely supported em through the shoite times.The modern day Man U "fan" is usually a faker. Not always, but usually.

Even a double facepalm wouldn't really be suitable here! Anyone got anything?

How about this?

argument_2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Any Irish Celtic fan taking the moral high ground on Irish Man Utd fans for being glory hunters.

You actually couldn't make it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

You have got to be ****ting me.

How about this?

argument_2.jpg

Perfect lol

• Advertisement

And how exactly do u differentiate the genuine fans from the hangers on?
    A 2 minute conversation.

A 2 minute converation.

So you say you don't know anything about our history and neither do the "sheep".
    Yet, you can tell by a 2 min conversation who is a real fan and who isn't? How can you ****ing judge when you don't even know the material you are supposed to be ****ing judging on.

You're talking a load of ****e here and you know it.

A 2 minute conversation.

I must be a hanger on so because I think pep will end up at united? But then again I do know a fair bit about united having supported them since I could understand what my late father was telling me about when I was a child. Quite the conundrum.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    So you say you don't know anything about our history and neither do the "sheep".
    Yet, you can tell by a 2 min conversation who is a real fan and who isn't? How can you ****ing judge when you don't even know the material you are supposed to be ****ing judging on.

No, I kinda know a lot more about United than some of my "Cantona era" supporting Man U fans who dont even know who Brian Mc Clair was. Fans??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I was sorry I did not go out tonight after payday during week, but coming in here now has made up for that a little:pac:...

Anyway roll on Stoke we need to pick ourselves up and hopefully Rooney and Rio at least will be back.

No, I kinda know a lot more about United than some of my "Cantona era" supporting Man U fans who dont even know who Brian Mc Clair was. Fans??

You said you knew nothing. Do you understand what nothing means?

• Advertisement

You must spend a lot of time around 15 year olds so. Go have a conversation with an adult about the club.

I must be a hanger on so because I think pep will end up at united? But then again I do know a fair bit about united having supported them since I could understand what my late father was telling me about when I was a child. Quite the conundrum.
    I have no grudge against genuine United fans.Its the glory hunters I cant stand.And there are many.

I was sorry I did not go out tonight after payday during week, but coming in here now has made up for that a little:pac:...

Anyway roll on Stoke we need to pick ourselves up and hopefully Rooney and Rio at least will be back.

If DeGea plays on tuesday I can see stoke really going for him on long balls abs throw ins. Then again I think dropping him again will really make his confidence worse thank it already is.

If DeGea plays on tuesday I can see stoke really going for him on long balls abs throw ins. Then again I think dropping him again will really make his confidence worse thank it already is.

With the likes of Walters and Huth I can only see DIG starting this one.

You must spend a lot of time around 15 year olds so. Go have a conversation with an adult about the club.
    You sir are an ........!;)Starts with an "I".Ends with an "E".

• Advertisement

I have no grudge against genuine United fans.Its the glory hunters I cant stand.And there are many.

But don't Celtic have a load of glory fans seeing as themselves and Rangers have been dominating the SPL for decades now? It's nearly easier to support Celtic to be a glory hunter because they are far more likely to win their league than United are to win the EPL. Any one of 2 teams can win the SPL. Anyone of 4 teams can win the EPL.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

Even a double facepalm wouldn't really be suitable here! Anyone got anything?

I got here as soon as I could!!!
    FHiRQ.gif

You sir are an ........!;)

Well I dunno who you are addressing, ain't no sir here.

With the likes of Walters and Huth I can only see DIG starting this one.

Agree with you there. Anyway that's more posts in a night than I normally have in a month. I'm off to bed to dream about Chico nabbing a winner today instead of dirk scoring :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Apparently mourinho has announced that he is definitely leaving at the end of the season, hopefully there is no agreement in place with saf.

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Apparently mourinho has announced that he is definitely leaving at the end of the season, hopefully there is no agreement in place with saf.

About 2 pages to late patsy ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Why does it bother you so much why people support United? Lots of people don't have a clue about the club they supports history. So what? Doesn't mean any of us are. Stop generalising. It makes you look extremely petty and foolish.

And how do you know that in those "2 minute conversations" you're weighting up the merits of why a person supports United that they're just talking down to you on you're level?

I doubt you carry around a brief two minute survey for every United fan on the clubs history. Don't be so ignorant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I got here as soon as I could!!!
    FHiRQ.gif
    I counted 38,anyone else???
    Better way of passing time than reading some of the bull**** posted here in the last few pages.

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Better way of passing time than reading some of the bull**** posted here in the last few pages.

37:pac::pac::pac:

37:pac::pac::pac:
    Damn,we need someone else to confirm.

• Advertisement

Any one of 2 teams can win the SPL. Anyone of 4 teams can win the EPL.

The last team to be crowned champions outside of the usual two, was Aberdeen back in 1985. During the same period in England, seven different teams won the old First Division/PL title.

But don't Celtic have a load of glory fans seeing as themselves and Rangers have been dominating the SPL for decades now? It's nearly easier to support Celtic to be a glory hunter because they are far more likely to win their league than United are to win the EPL. Any one of 2 teams can win the SPL. Anyone of 4 teams can win the EPL.
    Thats a recent thing.The Epl was as boring as the Spl up until citeeeeh got money.A two horse race.Give over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

I think this is a good response too:

look-at-him-and-laugh.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me why Carrick didn't jump with Agger for the first goal today? I must have seen it 15 times at this stage and he looks like he sets himself and then just doesn't jump! Did he get a call? It didn't look like he got knocked off balance or anything. He seemed to have a free jump and just not take it. With a bit of pressure, Agger might not have stuck it. Carrick might have even got something on it!

Yes De Gea was poor for it as he shouldn't have gotten caught up with Carroll but the defence bear a lot of responsibility.

He's not comfortable with heading I think!

4645f_21_carrick-manchester-united-cropped.jpeg

Thats a recent thing.The Epl was as boring as the Spl until until citeeeeh got money.A two horse race.Give over.
    United,Arsenal,Liverpool and Chelsea have all finished top 2 in the last 10 years,how about Scotland??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

I got 37 too. Maybe we should set up a poll. Mods?

I got 37, but at my age I'll have to have a wee a lie down after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Got 39 first time, then 38 on the re-count.

3-1 yessssssssssssssssss!!!!!:D

• Advertisement

I got 38 twice :confused:

It's 3-3 storming come back from 38's!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

He's not comfortable with heading I think!

4645f_21_carrick-manchester-united-cropped.jpeg

Yeah but like jump and be in the way. He didn't leave the ground.

I realise this isn't a great topic of conversation but it's surely beet than the shite from the type of poster who some might say lives under a bridge.

That assist by Scholes in Carrick video at :51 is pure sex

nkay1985 wrote: »
    I realise this isn't a great topic of conversation but it's surely beet than the shite from the type of poster who some might say lives under a bridge.
    Yea,so is counting facepalms :pac:

Parkhead67 is actually Fergie.

He's taking the attention away from the result.

*good humoured utd fans might appreciate this :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Joes to Spurs?
    Clearly Harry is the front runner for the England job and he wants it.
    Spurs are a top four team.

Other then that im guessing he be back to Chelsea?
    SAF seems to really like Jose.
    Next manager imo in this order.
    Jose mourinho
    Carlos queiroz
    Former players
    Mike Phelan

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Joes to Spurs?

Jose mourinho
    Carlos queiroz
    Former players
    Mike Phelan

:eek:

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Joes to Spurs?

Jose mourinho
    Carlos queiroz
    Former players
    Mike Phelan

Please God no!!! Not a hope in hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Comedy gold, easy target but well played all the same.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Thats a recent thing.The Epl was as boring as the Spl up until citeeeeh got money.A two horse race.Give over.

No it's not.

A two horse race between who? Are you gonna say it's been United and Chelsea every season?

In the last 5 years, there has been 4 teams in the race at some point or other. Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and United have all challenged for the title. You can't tell which of the four will win it at the beginning of the season (well, Arsenal and Liverpool probably won't win but they have made decent attempts and have kept City, United and Chelsea on their toes). Now we have Spurs and City in the mix.
    Unlike the SPL, it will be only Rangers and Celtic. Unlike La Liga, where it will be between Real Madrid and Barcelona.

I just can't understand the high-horsery from a Celtic fan!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement