Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

you really need it pointed out why it's rubbish? He basically said the booing of Evra had nothing to do with the Suarez incident! But because he is French among other things... But then he kind of undermines his argument by talking about the court case, glossing over WHY they found Evra's evidence to be credible over Suarez's. So is he saying it's ok to boo Evra because he didn't like how the FA conducted the case? And is that another mention of the previous Evra racial case that didn't actually involve evidence from Evra?

No one is really saying Liverpool fans are saying it's okay to boo Evra because he reported racist language but pool's fans excuses for doing it are so transparent they may as well be.

Didnt he give evidence in the Chelsea case, and wasn't he found to be an uncredible witness by the FA, so if you accept the FAs judgement on Suarez then you must accept their judgement on evra being an unrealiable witness in the Chelsea case also.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

niallo27 wrote: »
    Im ****en sick of utd supporters claiming Evra was booed because he reported being racially abused, No one has said this was the reason.

No one has said that is the reason because none of you will admit it. You're all too dishonest to admit why you are doing it. But when there is a huge raging debate about the racism case with an accompanying media shìt storm, when there is a constant stream of character assassination directed at Evra from the club and fans and a vociferous rejection of the findings of the report; then I laugh at any suggestion that the recent extra booing (and the calls for it) is not because of the racism case.

The racism case happened because Evra reported being racially abused. So Evra is getting extra booing because he reported racial abuse.
    And posters who are excusing the extra booing are excusing the cause for it.
    5starpool wrote: »
    Not one Liverpool fan on here to my knowledge has said it is ok to boo him because he reported being racially abused. I won't go into why a lot of us think it is ok to boo him though, but it is not because he reported that he was racially abused. If you have a link or two handy to prove me wrong, then it is only a small handful saying that's why he was booed.

Obviously a Liverpool source so you will dismiss it, but it far more accurately describes what most Liverpool fans think than your stupid blanket statement. Have a read of this (and then rubbish it no doubt).

http://tomkinstimes.com/2012/01/united-we-stand-united-they-fall/

First of all, don't make assumptions that I will dismiss an argument because of where it comes from. There's nothing to be gained from projecting your stupid thought processes onto me.

However, I will rubbish that argument because it is rubbish.

He says that Suarez would have been booed and called a racist by United fans even if he had been proven innocent. That does not make booing Evra ok.

He complains about the abuse of the Oldham player being reported as having come from ''a section of the Kop''. That does not make the booing of Evra ok.

He complains about the ''hysteria'' whipped up about racism at Liverpool by the media. Liverpool with there classless blind backing of their player, character assassinations of Evra and PR disasters were just as responsible for that hysteria as anybody. And still it does not make booing Evra ok.

He says that Evra was ''always'' going to be booed after kissing the badge, as if fans are incapable of changing their plans when the situation changes. Well since he kissed the badge there's been the racism case and the shìtstorm that surrounded it. Anybody with an ounce of decency would hold off on the booing just for now so as to avoid sending out the wrong message.

He mentions that Evra said ''your sister's pussy'' to Suarez. That does not make retaliatory racist abuse from Suarez ok and it does not make booing Evra ok.

He admits the crowd can't express a subtle argument with booing. Well then don't fùcking boo.

He complains about the court system that found Evra guilty. That doesn't make booing Evra ok.

He complains about the media coverage of the Chelsea case. That doesn't make booing Evra ok.

He puts forward a bollocksology criticism of Evra's evidence in the hearing and still admits that he can't know that Suarez is innocent. That doesn't make booing Evra ok.

He mentions bad chants and stances that some United fans have had. That doesn't make booing Evra ok.

So he has a very, very, very long winded and shìte argument to try and justify the extra booing of Evra. The truth is Evra got extra booing because of the racism case and the racism case happened because Evra reported the racial abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Didnt he give evidence in the Chelsea case, and wasn't he found to be an uncredible witness by the FA, so if you accept the FAs judgement on Suarez then you must accept their judgement on evra being an unrealiable witness in the Chelsea case also.

So?

Evra got into a scrap and couldn't talk his way out of trouble when it went to the hearing. Suarez racially abused Evra and he couldn't talk his way out of trouble when it went to the hearing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Pro. F wrote: »
    So?

Evra got into a scrap and couldn't talk his way out of trouble when it went to the hearing. Suarez racially abused Evra and he couldn't talk his way out of trouble when it went to the hearing.

You simplified a 115 page report there very well, I think the fact that evra was found to be uncredible in the past to be important and not everyone knows this fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

People arguing this shît again... please God tonights game brings plenty of positive action with a hint of non fück off controversy!

Heading into town now for some grub before the plane over. 3 points and no injuries are a must.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Sky news now running with th Ravel to West Ham story :(

Have to say I'm gutted. I was so excited about this lad and was really hoping he could turn it around.

The fact that he is a midfield player which we so desperately need just rubs salt into the wounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Fúck him.

(Unless it's a loan move in which case, see ya soon and best of luck, Ravel!)

(ya scumbag.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Im ****en sick of utd supporters claiming Evra was booed because he reported being racially abused, No one has said this was the reason.

What other reason is there? Prior to this incident, I don't recall Evra being single out for the treatment he is now receiving. So isn't it therefore correct to assume, that when he reported a racist for racial abuse he became a target. Sugar coat it as much as you like, but it is what it is.

• Advertisement

Quandary wrote: »
    Sky news now running with th Ravel to West Ham story :(

Have to say I'm gutted. I was so excited about this lad and was really hoping he could turn it around.

The fact that he is a midfield player which we so desperately need just rubs salt into the wounds.

As some have already said, I really hope we have a buy back option here. Although I suspect we haven't. Looks like the worse case scenario is about to happen, he'll ply his trade there and come back to haunt us.
    The Telegraph are now reporting it here..http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/9051058/Ravel-Morrison-to-leave-Manchester-United-for-West-Ham.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

As some have already said, I really hope we have a buy back option here. Although I suspect we haven't. Looks like the worse case scenario is about to happened, he'll ply his trade there and come back to haunt us.
    The Telegraph are now reporting it here..http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/9051058/Ravel-Morrison-to-leave-Manchester-United-for-West-Ham.html

The whole situation stinks. I can see it now, Ravel gets his act together at West Ham and is snapped up in 18mths time by one of our rivals.

Whats the story now with Pogba? That seems to have died down a bit.

Quandary wrote: »
    Whats the story now with Pogba? That seems to have died down a bit.

Red-tops and broadsheets were are all carrying rumours about Chelsea in the last 3-4 days. I emphasis the 'rumours' part, but if he goes? Then you have to start thinking, what is the point in a Youth policy? When they start getting snapped up, just as they potentially reach the cusp of the First team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

From what I remember I think Fergie clarified that United had a year long extension clause in Pogba's contract if they wanted to trigger it. Although United never confirmed if indeed it was triggered or even if there was a time limit to do so.

As for Ravel, the guy is a kid and thus thinks he knows everything. Hopefully he grows up soon and realises what an oppurtunity he had. Although sending such a personality to London does not seem wise imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Blatter wrote: »
    I bet you €100 that Mancini won't be sacked if Man City don't win the league.

Not a chance, City have made far too much progress this season to sack him, no matter what happens between now and the end of the season.

Agreed.

Mancini has won a lot of key battles too. The dressing room is his, he has his captain and a core of senior players who are happy to do it his way. I'd be surprised if he was sacked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

So the Bauld Ravster looks like he's on his way out.

Rumours of a fee of around 650k rising to 1m. Personal terms yet to be agreed if the reports are to be believed.

I don't think "Can I bring my friends" will be in the contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Agreed.

Mancini has won a lot of key battles too. The dressing room is his, he has his captain and a core of senior players who are happy to do it his way. I'd be surprised if he was sacked.

Not if Jose is available . . After Abromovic, nobody should ever be surprised what loopy Billionaires will do . .

The Tevez affair has been the making of City and Mancini (certainly in the league), but Im still not convinced. Their poor showing in the CL was far from impressive, I would think even Sven Erikson could get this bunch of players into the knockouts!

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    "I think, over the last 40 days, we are very unlucky." - Roberto Mancini

Wait until they get a United style injury crisis. The violins will definitely be coming out then I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

QPR looking like signing one, or possible two, strikers today. Zamora and/or Cisse.

Bad for Macheda really.

Des wrote: »
    QPR looking like signing one, or possible two, strikers today. Zamora and/or Cisse.

Bad for Macheda really.

I'd recall him and send him elsewhere (if it's allowed)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

+1

Definitely bad for Macheda with Mark Hughes linked with Zamora, and Cisse at their training ground - Hughes has obviously seen nothing to convince him that Kiko is worth a start for QPR.

Hardly surprising, imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

nicklauski wrote: »
    I'd recall him and send him elsewhere (if it's allowed)

Doubt it's allowed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Reports on FB that City's Swiss u17 captain Frankie Veseli has signed for us? Anybody else heard this??

EDIT _ on SSN now!

alproctor wrote: »
    Reports on FB that City's Swiss u17 captain Frankie Veseli has signed for us? Anybody else heard this??

EDIT _ on SSN now!
    Seems bizarre tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

From BBC Sport's Richard Conway: "I understand that a deal for Ravel Morrison to join West Ham is "99% done", with his medical underway. It's a permanent deal, with no option included for Manchester United to buy the player back at a later date.

Apparently Barca are willing to let Thiago go loan on till the end of the season we should try get him in .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

From BBC Sport's Richard Conway: "I understand that a deal for Ravel Morrison to join West Ham is "99% done", with his medical underway. It's a permanent deal, with no option included for Manchester United to buy the player back at a later date.

Good riddance I say.

If a player who hasn't even proved himself yet doesn't want to play for the club, kick him out the door, no matter how good he could turn out to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Shame about Morrison. I was hoping he'd turn into a great midfielder at United but I'm going to have to trust Fergie on this one.

The reality is we've only seen flashes of what he can do in comparatively simple games. We don't know much about what has gone on behind the scenes, but what has come out doesn't sound good. I don't think this decision would have been taken lightly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Apparently Barca are willing to let Thiago go loan on till the end of the season we should try get him in .

What about Morriso.....go, Fergie, go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

If SAF, his staff and the example and influence of players like Scholes couldn't get Morrison's head straight then he's likely a lost cause imo.

Good riddance.

The agent demands being reported by the Guardian are ridiculous too. They further highlight that this lad and the people he's
    associating himself with are baggage we don't need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

smokedeels wrote: »
    If SAF, his staff and the example and influence of players like Scholes couldn't get Morrison's head straight then he's likely a lost cause imo.

Good riddance.

The agent demands being reported by the Guardian are ridiculous too. They further highlight that this lad and the people he's
    associating himself with are baggage we don't need.

If he's this bad as a raw youth, imagine what he'd be like if he actually turned into a half decent player! Cut the cord now and let him be on his way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

For all the hype he is still dropping down a division. It looks like no one else felt he was worth the risk either.

It's a shame, a massive shame but ultimately he has only himself to blame. The kid got a once in a life time chance to be the best player, the main man at his howmtown club. What motivation does a kid need to kick on a succeed?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

M.E.N reckon Veseli signed yesterday. Proof. They have a picture of him in a red jacket in the city centre last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

One thing is for sure, the 4 mil from Newcastle sounds a lot better than the 650k from west ham

For all the hype he is still dropping down a division. It looks like no one else felt he was worth the risk either.

He might get a game there . Bolton bid for him but he turned them down Newcastle had a bid rejected . So people think he is worth the risk .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

From Redissue Twitter:-

No De Gea, Lindegaard, Rooney or Jones tonight. Keane, Rio and Pogba in squad. (@steryder74)

No Nani, Anderson or Young on team bus either #MUFC

EDIT:- Just realised that I posted this here instead of the match thread. Sorry !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

he'll be another Adel Taarabt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Part of me would love it - really like Thiago and would love to see him at United.

A bigger part of me would prefer to see us play a far more raw Pogba in our first team than a player like Thiago, loaned from somewhere else and certain to be heading home.

I could certainly see an upside to a loan move for Thaigo, but at the same time I'd prefer that we improve our own players rather than someone else's. If there was a chance of getting him signed properly in the summer I would be all over it though, no hesitation.

No De Gea, Lindegaard, Rooney or Jones tonight. Keane, Rio and Pogba in squad. (@steryder74)

It's a bit early to be on the bus isn't it?

How reliable is that source?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

VW 1 wrote: »
    One thing is for sure, the 4 mil from Newcastle sounds a lot better than the 650k from west ham

there never was 4million from Newcastle, never. It was a made up rumour.

Why would Newcastle offer 4million for a player they could get for tribunal costs in the summer, would make no sense - especially when you consider their opening (and only) bid was 500k.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

so whos left on the bus?
    mike phelan and saf??

bullvine wrote: »
    he'll be another Adel Taarabt!

Best player in championship ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

No De Gea or Lindegaard? That cant be right surely? I know Lindegaard was reported to have a knock, but De Gea would be included then no? Who are we left with? Amos and Kuszack? :(

No De Gea or Lindegaard? That cant be right surely? I know Lindegaard was reported to have a knock, but De Gea would be included then no? Who are we left with? Amos and Kuszack? :(
    The Daily Mail reported that De Gea was sick, I'd expect Amos in goal if true, would PIG even be on the bench? Maybe stick Rooney on as keeper sub,.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

De Gea called in sick again. So it's Amos or PIG to start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

de Gea against another long ball team wouldn't be a good idea imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Sounds like a BS rumour to me. He's made 28 appearances for Barca this season and done quite well. Their squad is also fairly thin at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Best player in championship ?

Exactly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Redissue is hit and miss for news to be honest. I'm guessing the bus references, the bus to the hotel for ore match meal.

Certain posters on Redissue are extremely reliable.

VW 1 wrote: »

Ah but the master Fergie knows what he's at. The amazing social scene in London will probably drive Morrison demented. Thus rendering him absolutely useless as a player. Just a theory I might add.

Des wrote: »
    de Gea against another long ball team wouldn't be a good idea imo.

He done alright against them in the first game.

I'd like to see Amos start tonight anyway. More confident of him playing that PIG.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement