Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Des wrote: »
    de Gea against another long ball team wouldn't be a good idea imo.

He had a great game against Stoke last time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Giggs says he's staying on for at least another season, I reckon he could have another 2 or 3 seasons, maybe even 4, obviously with a lesser role as the seasons progress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Ah but the master Fergie knows what he's at. The amazing social scene in London will probably drive Morrison demented. Thus rendering him absolutely useless as a player. Just a theory I might add.

One of the clauses in his contract is a role in the sequel to Attack The Block.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

nicklauski wrote: »
    He done alright against them in the first game.

I'd like to see Amos start tonight anyway. More confident of him playing that PIG.
    J. Marston wrote: »
    He had a great game against Stoke last time.

whoosh

I was talking about the weekend's match.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

conno16 wrote: »
    so whos left on the bus?
    mike phelan and saf??
    Don't forget the mexican

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

From the Big Sam Twitter account :):)

3h notBigSam @TheBig_Sam

Excited about working with young Ravel Morrison, but he comes with a list of "dead important" instructions. He's like a ****ing Gremlin.

notBigSam @TheBig_Sam
    Reply RetweetedRetweet

The first three? Don't let him near fireworks; Don't let him drink rum; Don't let him carry a sword. ****ing hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Jim White makes me want to punch my screen! Irritating twat.

nicklauski wrote: »
    Jim White makes me want to punch my screen! Irritating twat.

O Rly? :D

Man United to beat Liverpool to City starlet
    Manchester United are hoping to beat Liverpool to the signing of former Switzerland Under-17 skipper Frederic Veseli from Manchester City, according to reports.

Follow all the moves on our transfer deadline day LIVE blog NOW!

The 19-year-old is still to make his debut for the Blues and it appears United have stepped in to sign the defender, who has also been watched closely by Liverpool.

Whilst there has been no official comment from the Red Devils, it is thought the player has undergone a medical.

And his agent, Adam Bouskouchi - while not indicating where Veseli was heading for - did advise that news could be expected "very soon" on his Twitter account.

It is not known at this stage whether United manager Sir Alex Ferguson would regard Veseli as a member of his first-team squad.

However, beset by injuries at the moment, Veseli would be a useful addition.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Is the Morrison transfer permanent?

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

It will be, if it goes through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

It will be, if it goes through.

Bit of a shame really. He won't be back so. I'm convinced this one will bite us in the ass. Apparently its only his agent holding up the move.

How is a 19 year old the under 17 Swiss captain?

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Delboy5

"former" Switzerland Under-17 skipper

Former captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Now we will see what Morrison is really about,i reckon he will prove talented though not the great starlet he was once thought to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Yes. With no buy back clause from what news is coming out.

Says it all really. He's willing to drop a division to play for WHU under big Sam rather make a go at it with Utd under one of the greatest managers of all time. He seems like a right stubborn mug with at "I know it all already attitude and if I don't get my way I'm off". Either that or Fergie was waiting for this window to ship him out with a farewell along the lines of "This is what you get for disrespecting Utd and the way we do things around here. Forget Bolton or Newcastle, your off to division one, don't let the door hit you on the way out".

If he can't be motivated here how will he be motivated at WHU?

At the moment he seems like a lost cause to football let alone Utd. In four to five years when he matures he will look with great regret about the opportunity he threw away. Hopefully the regret will be unbearable for him as we will be winning all around us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Keno 92 wrote: »

He was class for me on FM10!

• Advertisement

Ah right, didn't see the 'former' part.

So, does anyone actually know anything about him? It's quite a step up for him! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

I think if United and SAF wanted to keep Morrisson they could've done, apparently they wanted to develop him at a steady pace over time to give him the best chance possible of making it but he disagreed with this and wanted to play all the time now, so they said right then if you know best then see ya.

Not too annoyed though sure he still has to prove he as good as he thinks, then if he turns out to be brilliant sure I can get annoyed at that stage but until then whatever!! Plus SAF is usually right when it comes to letting players go especially when all they have is potential and are unproven.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    He was class for me on FM10!

Nice! Always cool seeing less known players you used to buy on FM getting bought by bigger clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Then, after a certain number of Premier League starts, his salary would start to rise incrementally towards the £65,000 ceiling.

lol if that's true and he was asking for a similar deal with United regarding starts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

I probably didnt help you there MM, left the 'former' out of my earlier post... :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Sometimes it is hard to determine age. Just ask Grahsm Rix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭markc1184

Anyone know what rumour Rooney has been denying by coming out again to say he'll be at United for a long long time?

markc1184 wrote: »
    Anyone know what rumour Rooney has been denying by coming out again to say he'll be at United for a long long time?

Probably the usual transfer crap that comes out every deadline day.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭TheBunk1

From the Big Sam Twitter account :):)

3h notBigSam @TheBig_Sam

Excited about working with young Ravel Morrison, but he comes with a list of "dead important" instructions. He's like a ****ing Gremlin.

notBigSam @TheBig_Sam
    Reply RetweetedRetweet

The first three? Don't let him near fireworks; Don't let him drink rum; Don't let him carry a sword. ****ing hell.

You get the same instructions with a Balotelli....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

markc1184 wrote: »

probably this fake sky sports headline : http://www.skybet.com/cms/breaking-transfer-news.shtm?name=Wayne+Rooney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

SkySportsNews Sky Sports News
    News on new West Ham signing shortly

Announcing Morrison arrival at Upton Park?

Also
    RyanTunnicliffe Ryan Tunnicliffe
    Sad to see one off my closest mates leaving if the deal gets finalised Can't quite believe it yet What a player he will be @RavelMorrison49

He's definitely leaving. Dunno how I feel about it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I find the Morrison transfer to be disheartening tbh. I was really looking forward to seeing him develop into a world class cm at Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Lets hope we can hang onto Pogba.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Cian A wrote: »
    I find the Morrison transfer to be disheartening tbh. I was really looking forward to seeing him develop into a world class cm at Utd.

Same here.

I'm pretty gutted tbh. I honestly thought between the mentoring of fergie and the older players he would straighten up, get the head down and kick on.

I Pogba leaves in the summer the whole thing will be fcuking disgusting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

When it comes to playing the up and coming talent in the First team. I know a few posters were saying SAF knows best, he'll play them when he thinks their ready ect. But I just can't help feeling frustrated with this approach, especially after this Morrison debacle. Hindsight is a great thing, but I do wonder what would have happened if SAF had thrown him into 3-4 games back to back.

Basically let him sink or swim, or at least be able to point out his deficiencies after a run of games. Maybe then he would have copped on, got the point and shut his mouth. Of course we will never know now. But I would rest better knowing we gave him a good chance to walk the walk. As it is, we didn't really afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Looks like Scott Wotton going on loan to Forrest .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Such a shame about Morrisson. He really could have had a great career at Utd if he'd applied himself and attempted to keep his nose clean. It's a little depressing it's come to this, but I suppose everyone's time comes.

Looking forward to see the team sheet tonight. Wouldn't be surprised if half of those listed as out will be available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Unsure if posted already:-

Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed he would have kept Ryan Shawcross at Manchester United if he had known Gerard Pique wanted to move to Barcelona.

Shawcross, who moved to Stoke City from United in 2008, returns to Old Trafford on Tuesday night as capain of Tony Pulis' side and is seen as a potential star for the future with England.

He was always highly-rated by United coaches but they moved him on as they expected Pique was set to make a big impression at the club.

But Spaniard Pique left United for Barcelona later in 2008 and Ferguson admits it was difficult to see Shawcross leave.

"It always grieves me when I have to release a young player of great potential," Ferguson said. "And Shawcross certainly fell into that category.

"He had the misfortune - though he perhaps doesn't see it that way considering the success he has had with Stoke - of coming through along with a number of other young defenders.

"This was the era of Gerard Pique and we kept him at Ryan's expense, only I didn't know that Gerard was growing homesick and, soon after, he was telling us he wanted to go back to Spain.

"He has prospered with Barcelona, as we know, and, if I had known he wanted away then, we would have kept Ryan Shawcross."

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/1507/01/fergie-reveals-regret-letting-shawcross-leave-man-united

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Unsure if posted already:-

Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed he would have kept Ryan Shawcross at Manchester United if he had known Gerard Pique wanted to move to Barcelona.

Shawcross, who moved to Stoke City from United in 2008, returns to Old Trafford on Tuesday night as capain of Tony Pulis' side and is seen as a potential star for the future with England.

He was always highly-rated by United coaches but they moved him on as they expected Pique was set to make a big impression at the club.

But Spaniard Pique left United for Barcelona later in 2008 and Ferguson admits it was difficult to see Shawcross leave.

"It always grieves me when I have to release a young player of great potential," Ferguson said. "And Shawcross certainly fell into that category.

"He had the misfortune - though he perhaps doesn't see it that way considering the success he has had with Stoke - of coming through along with a number of other young defenders.

"This was the era of Gerard Pique and we kept him at Ryan's expense, only I didn't know that Gerard was growing homesick and, soon after, he was telling us he wanted to go back to Spain.

"He has prospered with Barcelona, as we know, and, if I had known he wanted away then, we would have kept Ryan Shawcross."

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/1507/01/fergie-reveals-regret-letting-shawcross-leave-man-united

Id like to know why we would bother developing Degea when the exact same as above could happen

I'm sure Shawcross will be delighted to hear that.

Id like to know why we would bother developing Degea when the exact same as above could happen
    Sure why develop anyone not from Manchester?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

£1million agent fees on a £650k transfer, is that normal?

At first it seemed like Morrison's ego had been inflated to epic proportions by his agent. Although why would the agent settle for a quick £1million when he might pocket more from an even bigger transfer in the future? Maybe he sees Morrison as one of those players who is going to jump around from club to club and is getting the ball rolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

OctavarIan wrote: »
    £1million agent fees on a £650k transfer, is that normal?

At first it seemed like Morrison's ego had been inflated to epic proportions by his agent. Although why would the agent settle for a quick £1million when he might pocket more from an even bigger transfer in the future? Maybe he sees Morrison as one of those players who is going to jump around from club to club and is getting the ball rolling.

It wouldn't be the first time we've seen a slimy agent take advantage of an impressionable player.

Didn't fergie say Ravel changed agent recently and all of a sudden he comes out with the " gimme a new bigger contract or else"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Sure why develop anyone not from Manchester?

well with DeGea and the Goalkeeper position in general you can't develop them like any other player in the team, they have to be played.We could spend the next 2 or 3 ironing out degeas faults as well as suffering along the way, with Pique this didnt happen because he didnt need to play as often

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭allprops

Is it true that one of Morrison's clauses is that a replay of the London riots must be staged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭d93c2inhxfok4y

Lads, any station in Ireland showing the game? Looks like I wont be able to stream it, trying to decide if I should head out and see if I can get it in a pub somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

No! Pub might be able to pick it up if they have a foreign satellite!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Ravel's gone.

Frederic Veseli has been signed from City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Agent Gibson!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement