Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

alex-ferguson-laughing-cropped

That picture is perfect. I think I need to sketch that in Photoshop and make a new meme.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Macheda could be the next one in hot water thanks to Twitter...

Robert Galloway @rghammer6

So Ravel Morrison (@RavelMorrison49) gets charged for his comments, but Federico Macheda gets away with this? #joke pic.twitter.com/JoH3Amh8
    Retweeted by Ravel Ryan Morrison

AlsRqvsCEAAl1X4.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

J. Marston wrote: »
    Ravel Morrison has been charged by the FA for that tweet.

Looks like this lad is destined to bring a world of pain down on any club he's with.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Darren Anderton. Completely forgot about him O_o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Quoted from the ManUtd.com website.
    Scholes: A man for all seasons

Paul Scholes has dropped the first hint to Sir Alex Ferguson that he could extend his glittering Manchester United career by another season. Midfielder Scholes has stepped back into the spotlight seamlessly after coming out of retirement in January, and has spoken to his manager about the future. The pair had an informal chat last week, when Ferguson produced statistics that reveal, even at 37, Scholes’ game is as strong as ever. Data shows that his pass completion is more than 82 per cent, while he is alongside Michael Carrick and Ryan Giggs in the distance he runs each match. Scholes was surprised over these sparkling stats, and knows the club would be prepared to offer him a one-year deal in the same way Giggs recently signed an extension. United will not pressure him into making a decision. But Scholes, who will consult with his family, is giving the matter serious thought. And Ferguson will take that as positive.

As they say, class is permanent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

No new midfielders in the next transfer window either so. Both Giggs and Scholes staying on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

if united are intent on playing scholes and giggs again into next season we may as well rent the trophy cabinet
    all CL contenders would laugh at a united midfield containing either giggs or scholes next year
    great servants to the club, great profs - but time to close the chapter on both careers (at this level)
    we will realistically not contend for the CL or prem without 2, possible 3, new midfielders this summer

Quoted from the ManUtd.com website.

As they say, class is permanent.

It is from "What the papers say" section, so they just quote what is written in some papers.

This time they have quoted "Richard Tanner writes in the Daily Express..."

But I agree with the sentiments though, the way he us playing he can play for one more seasons. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

conno16 wrote: »
    if united are intent on playing scholes and giggs again into next season we may as well rent the trophy cabinet
    all CL contenders would laugh at a united midfield containing either giggs or scholes next year
    great servants to the club, great profs - but time to close the chapter on both careers (at this level)
    we will realistically not contend for the CL or prem without 2, possible 3, new midfielders this summer

Who would you sign Conno?

• Advertisement

i go for someone like hamsik or schweinsteiger to start
    both are gettable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Well, at least I won't be trying to save for the United jersey next season.

421018_299716460083495_138589062862903_747637_43120204_n.jpg

Possibly the worst home jersey I have ever seen, and up there with some of the worst ever. An absolute horror show, horrible, disgusting - I can't believe there is a single person that will think that is a nice top. I can't believe people have actually signed off on it. It is so very horrible.

EDIT: Also, Red socks? WTF? Arsenal and United socks swapped?

I would buy it as I never bought ManUtd table cloth.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

nicklauski wrote: »
    No new midfielders in the next transfer window either so. Both Giggs and Scholes staying on.

Fergie's hand might be forced if Fletcher doesn't return. Cleverley/Scholes/Giggs as the creative ones and Carrick/?????/Pogba as the more defensively sound CMs. Hopefully then whoever might be brought in would actually be quite good in that role. Anderson could be let go maybe, depending how you feel about the numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Possibly the worst home jersey I have ever seen, and up there with some of the worst ever. An absolute horror show, horrible, disgusting - I can't believe there is a single person that will think that is a nice top. I can't believe people have actually signed off on it. It is so very horrible.

Snap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

3 horrible kits there, imo. Bad form from Nike this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Giggsy11 wrote: »

Why do you insist on making me look like a complete fool? :pac:

That's a ridiculous amount of assists from Giggs. If Beckham had played longer then he's probably have reached it as well.

Great site btw. I was looking around the goal scoring stats and Alan Shearer was top of nearly every single category listed. The only one he wasn't was left footed goals and winners as a sub. What a player. Imagine if he'd signed for United all them years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

What has happened to United jerseys lately? Haven't like one for ages now and it's been the first time in about 25 years I have gone 2 seasons without getting a new one and from looking at the one above it could be 3 seasons.

Adidas make the best jerseys out there by a mile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

jersey looks a lot better there than it did first time I seen it in fairness. Doesn't look all that bad. That said I haven't bought a jersey in a couple of years since the V one because they are stupidly expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

It just can't be true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Forget United's, Barca's is beyond bad.

Why do you insist on making me look like a complete fool? :pac:

That's a ridiculous amount of assists from Giggs. If Beckham had played longer then he's probably have reached it as well.

Great site btw. I was looking around the goal scoring stats and Alan Shearer was top of nearly every single category listed. The only one he wasn't was left footed goals and winners as a sub. What a player. Imagine if he'd signed for United all them years ago.

Ha ha, No I wanted to share that site as every other site only counts assists from 2000 :0

Beckham would have been in first place had he continued here. He is top of "Assist per game" ratio with 0.57. Thats damn good record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,236 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

noooo.gif

Have we ever worn red socks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

i go for someone like hamsik or schweinsteiger to start
    both are gettable

Hamsik is overrated and Schweinsteiger is not gettable at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

J. Marston wrote: »
    noooo.gif

Have we ever worn red socks?

Yes,50 years ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

lol just came to post the same thing. The arsenal sleeves are United colours for some reason? Someone is clearly taking the piss considering the other two are pretty normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Marek Hamsik is probably the most inconsistent footballer in Europe. He is also 100% not a central midfielder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

MY EYES, MY BEAUTIFUL EYES!!!

That jersey is an abomination :(:(

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Marek Hamsik is probably the most inconsistent footballer in Europe. He is also 100% not a central midfielder.

how many games have you seen him play this year?
    also, who said anything about a CM?
    hamsik would be a huge addition to united
    we're more likely to buy someone like aaron lennon or wes hoolahan though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Hamsik whenever I've seen him for Slovakia has looked terrible

Just looking at the current United squad.

To maintain the same squad for next season, without any purchases, we would have to sell 1 player. The current squad would have 26 players born before January 1st 1991.

Didn't think the squad was in that kind of shape to be honest, I thought we would have room for at least a couple of signings. If we want to bring in the Benfica pair of Garcia and Gaitan, we'd need to be selling 3 players!

Owen, Berbatov, Anderson, Park candidates to leave?

I quite like that jersey btw

Mitch do you think Fletcher will be around next season?

Samich wrote: »
    I quite like that jersey btw

wtf? Here's me thinking you were a man with taste :(

It's easily the worst jersey I've ever seen. I say every year I hate the new United jersey but it eventually grows on me!

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Mitch do you think Fletcher will be around next season?

Yeah.

I have no idea if he will play, but he will be a member of the squad with the hope he will play, like Hargreaves. I don't think he will retire and there is no way United would release him on a free transfer.

To maintain the same squad for next season, without any purchases, we would have to sell 1 player. The current squad would have 26 players born before January 1st 1991.

Didn't think the squad was in that kind of shape to be honest, I thought we would have room for at least a couple of signings. If we want to bring in the Benfica pair of Garcia and Gaitan, we'd need to be selling 3 players!

what about macheda and diouf? DO they count? Park and maybe even fletcher if he doesn't come back to his best.

IvySlayer wrote: »
    wtf? Here's me thinking you were a man with taste :(

It's easily the worst jersey I've ever seen. I say every year I hate the new United jersey but it eventually grows on me!

It's different to any other, it's nice. Better than that one we had with the V anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

I hope Fletcher's involvement with the coaching within the reserve team is only as a backup rather than any expectation that he may not play again and therefore he would be looking at coaching in the near future.

what about macheda and diouf? DO they count? Park and maybe even fletcher if he doesn't come back to his best.

Macheda will still be young enough to not register and Diouf has been sold.

Squad, as I see it, here:

http://tinyurl.ie/6l7

I have removed Kuszczak as he is out of contract in the summer, no chance he will be at United next season.

• Advertisement

Macheda will still be young enough to not register and Diouf has been sold.

Squad, as I see it, here:

http://tinyurl.ie/6l7

I have removed Kuszczak as he is out of contract in the summer, no chance he will be at United next season.

17 home grown players :eek:

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    17 home grown players :eek:

I could be wrong about Raf and Fabio - not sure how them not being allowed to sign for us until they turned 18 affects things.

I could be wrong about Raf and Fabio - not sure how them not being allowed to sign for us until they turned 18 affects things.

According to FM they are home grown. :D

I think they are considered home grown as "The twins moved to Manchester in January 2008, but were unable to play in matches until they turned 18 in July 2008"

That means they were United players when they turned 18.

Edit: They are home grown confirmed by official site.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/players/profile.overview.html/rafael-da-silva

Strange Rafael was considered as Home grown but Fabio is not.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/players/profile.overview.html/fabio-da-silva

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Hamsik whenever I've seen him for Slovakia has looked terrible

He is a bit of a bit time charlie.

Having said that if the chap was cheap he is they type of player Fergie would relish working with. Honestly, I would not pay more than £9m for him. £7m optimum. What is he valued at 20-25m? Not. A. Hope.

No idea who is home grown as who is not. Checked 5 mins back, Rafael was considered as HG, now he is not. Actually status for U21 players is not updated.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/clubs/profile.squads.html/man-utd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

I would say Fletcher too to be honest. His condition is such that he could be treated for a year and only get three months out of him. If Hargreaves was considered a liability then Fletcher has to be too.

The four you mention would have to be realistic candidates. I'd expect Robbie Brady to be given a squad place next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

I really cant see what the soution to our Midfield wows will be, I cant see anyone in the premiership that we might buy that will improve us except maybe Modric but he looks like he has his heart on Chelsea. Who else is there?? 6 months ago, people were talking about Parker and Barton, are they any better than Carrick, I dont think so personally. A big name from the continent seems off as well as Fergie isnt willing to take the risk from what I can tell after Veron. So more than likely it will be someone young and unproven like this Eriksen kid from Ajax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

That jersey is the most tasteless thing I've ever seen. Everything about it, the monotone palette, the size of the pattern, the disregard for the shape and features of the shirt, the random black v-neck... Looks like a chav designed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

how many games have you seen him play this year?
    also, who said anything about a CM?
    hamsik would be a huge addition to united
    we're more likely to buy someone like aaron lennon or wes hoolahan though

Ive seen him play 6 or 7 times this year for 90mins, and a further 10 or times from highlights. Serie A is easy to keep up with thanks to ESPN.

So I would like to ask you how many times you have seen him play? Napoli season ticket holder? I'm not alone in the opinion that he is infuriatingly inconsistent, Gabriel Marcotti wrote a great article about his ability to be the best player on the pitch one week, and look like someone totally out of his depth the next. Napoli fans themselves are not sold on him.

You didnt say anything about CM, granted, I just thought we were all up in arms about signing players who were not CM's.

Huge addition? Where would he play? As we have covered he isnt a CM, we dont play CAM's really unless Rooney drops deep, and he wouldnt play ahead of Wayne. Nani and Valencia have the wings nailed down. We have absolutely no need for him.

We are more likely to buy someone under 23 to be honest. Thats all we do.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement